Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final (590 Views)

Be Prepared, Don't Miss The Night Of Majesty (lailatul Quadry) / Make Du’aa Right Before Maghrib When Fasting / Free Course On Wudu And Salah On Seekersguidance (maliki Fiqh) - Don't Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by tbaba1234: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
Nigeria plays the Afcon final today.... Hopefully, we win.

Make sure you pray your maghrib and do not delay it for a soccer match. The salat is far greater than entertainment.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by zayhal(f): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2013
Fans can always record the match and watch later. The salah won't take more than 15-20 minutes max.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by maclatunji: 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2013
The two of you are not current jor. Maghrib has been concluded, the match is yet to start.

Nice effort though.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by zayhal(f): 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2013
Tbaba was right o Mac. For those who go out to watch matches, they may want to get there on time in order to secure front seats and hence miss the salah.

As for me not been current *lips sealed*

And btw, naija won. So it's all good.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by maclatunji: 7:14am On Feb 11, 2013
zayhal: Tbaba was right o Mac. For those who go out to watch matches, they may want to get there on time in order to secure front seats and hence miss the salah.

As for me not been current *lips sealed*

And btw, naija won. So it's all good.

I know you are knowledgeable about football. Do you think the kind of people you refered to had time to read tbaba's lecture? #Hehehe

Absolutely no harm in trying though.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by deols(f): 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
And I saw a post on facebook about people delaying their Ishai for the match. I don't see anything wrong in that. I thought the writer/poster exaggerated that. what do u think?
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by siddiq202(m): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
I delayed my Ishai but later observed it in congregation
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by deols(f): 6:37am On Feb 12, 2013
siddiq202: I delayed my Ishai but later observed it in congregation

good enough. We delay Ishai for many reasons.It becomes an issue only when entertainment is involved as if entertainment is entirely haram. If I want to study late, delaying Ishai ensures that I don't sleep and that helps a lot.

We had an ustadh in Nigeria and he would deliberately observe Ishai when we are watching super story so he could make it seem like we were bad people if we didn't get up to pray. Young and really not caring grin, we would watch the story and later observe our own jama'ah. It was always his loss if our parents were'nt around(he would be getting one out of 27 abi?). This was a family gathering and you can see how much he was pushing us to being 'bad Muslims'. Preachers should take it softly abeg.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by tbaba1234: 7:33am On Feb 12, 2013
Delaying Ishai is actually a sunnah... The prophet did not mind delaying ishai to the end of the first third of the night or the middle of the night.

The other prayers should not be delayed...

Narrated Abu Al-Minhal: Abu Barza said, "The Prophet used to offer the Fajr (prayer) when one could recognize the person sitting by him (after the prayer) and he used to recite between 60 to 100 Ayat (verses) of the Qur'an. He used to offer the Zuhr prayer as soon as the sun declined (at noon) and the 'asr at a time when a man might go and return from the farthest place in Medina and find the sun still hot. (The sub-narrator forgot what was said about the Maghrib). He did not mind delaying the 'Isha prayer to one third of the night or the middle of the night." (Sahih al-Bukhari Book #10, Hadith #516)

Magrib has a much narrower window. It is easy to get carried away by entertainment and miss it.
Re: Don't Miss/delay Your Maghrib Because Of Afcon Final by siddiq202(m): 11:18am On Feb 12, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Is Nairaland A Muslim Forum?? / Australia’s Aborigines Turning To Islam / g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.