Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Forex Trading - Season 13 - Business (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 13 (655275 Views)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Prettywoman: ....Na waoh,we refuse to be distracted

Yes o. I have just closed my EJ buy at +40pips. I pretty much just made back what I lost in the morning, waiting for the next 4hr candle to finish before I sell. Pretty good day +150 on oil and -40 on gold.

pip love-vendor:

I bet you he didn't get it. He's probably on youtube/google right now trying to find out if 2face was really a forex guru.

You this man, you no go kill me sha.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by jtmoneyjt: 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
i dnt even know why una dey worry brain wey una suppose use for analysis ontop people wey no understand wetin the ministry dey arrange,i beg make una continue dey preach the gospel of forex! we know what we have gained from forex so far,not even an 8 to 5 can fetch it for us,guy forex for life! abeg let the rain of alerts keeping pouring down.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by pippimp(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
seunowokade: Forex is good and wonderful for those who are a real trader like me... see my own today's trade only. I make money every day with 10% or 0% lost always... grin

All well and good.. . .but we don't need screenshots. Attach your account to a tracking service so we can see past performance/growth.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by KLINO: 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
InvertedHammer:

You are wrong bro!
I started trading fx with $20k.
Game plan: My intention is 5 x 10K lots per trade.

The 5 LOTS are divided into 0.5LOT giving me 10 positions.
Once I enter a trade, eg. Buy position based on my 4H or 8H analysis. I set the remaining 9 positions at a preset prices. It has never failed me. Worst case scenario I will break even. Hold time is 2-3 days only.

Eg. E
Spot Buy 0.5L @ 1.3050

Orders:
Buy 0.5 @ 1.30
Buy 0.5 @ 1.295
Buy 0.5 @ 1.2900
That is 50 pips order difference. Normally flush out/slippage I noted had been 200 pips on 4H/8H charts.
My goal is to capture those slips.All my orders may not be triggered. But it doesn't matter. Am in.

Limits:
Close @ 50 pips up till the last position.

Possible profit: 500 pips. OK with me.

When I get burned out, I close my platform or use trailing point. On good days, I will just turn into a pip sniper.
$1 here, $5 there. It all adds up. I snipe with full 1LOT x 10k size. Usually I throw down 1 or 2 bottles of beer to keep
my nerve under check especially during European hours (when the most action happens).

Not bragging, but am doing just fine with about $500 or less per day.

Most importantly my available margin is more than enough than any draw down for the hold period for the
5LOTs I usually have open. I don't see myself as a trader. I see myself as a guy who is out to hustle the brokers, u know like throwing format at the brokers. With this mindset, I have been able to stay afloat.

Treat it as business and you will be fine. The problem some people have is that when they walk around their
neighbourhood and see a Bentley or Range Rover, they will run to their platform with all that emotions to
hammer. In that process, they will lose big time.

Good luck to you all!

I have been trading since 2008! forex is real. If greed is any body:s problem then face it.use pending orders with higher time frames.Forex for LIFE!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by InvertedHammer: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
pip love-vendor:

All well and good.. . .but we don't need screenshots. Attach your account to a tracking service so we can see past performance/growth.

Some people don't get it. You will make money in forex and you will lose money in forex. How your career in forex ends is what matters most---as a [b]millionaire or a brokenaire.

Forex is good. I was in Nigeria (FCT) for 6 months in 2012. My only source of income was forex then. I usually hangout at the Piano Bar in Transcorp Hilton b/c of the steady power supply---I no wan hear NEPA story. I made enough money to be comfortable in Nigeria that long. Some days $200 or less. But by the end of the week, I would have close to $1000 which I would pull out of the account for sustenance.

For all the naysayers, it is doable. But NEPA no dey try at all. If you are a trader in Nigeria, I hope you are able to trade with your mobile phone else yawaa go gas for your account when NEPA strikes.

I started trading forex when most of you did not even know that it existed. Back then, there were only few charting platforms available accessible for $100 per month for few minutes of delayed feed. TO close or open positions those days, we had to call the broker on the phone with orders. So I have been around this game along time. But nowadays everything is faster and free.

Keep working guys/girls. The sky is your limit.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by phoebewal(f): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
hobby is something you do as past time, so to start with, forex is not a hobby, but serious business. It is not 'child's play' neither should it be confused with gambling or 'get-rich-quick' scheme. the problem with us trading in Nigeria is that we are always in a hurry to hit it big. Like any other investment, fx needs time. that's why u look at your profit in terms of years, not days or weeks or even months.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by javipee: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
i wish i knew how to trade forex.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by meshpips(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hidden buying has been happening on AUDNZD since around London session. I expect the mark up within the next few days.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by InvertedHammer: 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
phoebewal: hobby is something you do as past time, so to start with, forex is not a hobby, but serious business. It is not 'child's play' neither should it be confused with gambling or 'get-rich-quick' scheme. the problem with us trading in Nigeria is that we are always in a hurry to hit it big. Like any other investment, fx needs time. that's why u look at your profit in terms of years, not days or weeks or even months.

YOU ARE RIGHT. FOREX TRADING is not a hobby
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by EPOMA(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
javipee: i wish i knew how to trade forex.
Thank you , this is what some people should have said

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
meshpips: Hidden buying has been happening on AUDNZD since around London session. I expect the mark up within the next few days.

Ogbeni, how now? Seeing a shooting star against daily resistance on oil on the 4hr. Looking to sell, what say you?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Godschild2(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2013
Reference: So, so funny responses to Seun's affront. Such pent up fury. Folks, the degree of emotions displayed here does not give me any confidence whatsoever that you guys are truly on top of your game. In this game, emotion and distraction are two parts of the high tower you must scale. Pity.

GOD bless you...Aptly said.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Bought gold again, holding my long on oil and sold EJ.

Charts in the following order EJ, Gold & Oil

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by meshpips(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
meshpips: 94.54 looks like a good level to sell WTI crude intra-day. SL above 94.80
@ naijababe, I think the short will be fine until around London close tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
meshpips: @ naijababe, I think the short will be fine until around London close tomorrow. Enjoy your evening.

No plan to baby sir any trade jare. I will hold my long. Looks like 95.xx is on the cards.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by InvertedHammer: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2013
naijababe: Bought gold again, holding my long on oil and sold EJ.

Charts in the following order EJ, Gold & Oil

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are entering positions at the end of New York session esp. Gold and Oil?

Wouldn't it have been better to wait till around Europe opening so that the market will lead you?

Sessions in Asia are seldom conformers to technical analysis.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are entering a position at the end of New York session esp. Gold and Oil?

Wouldn't it have been better to wait till around Europe opening so that the market will lead you?

Sessions in Asia are seldom conformers to technical analysis.

Bros, i am a technical trader, i trade what i see o.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by babypipsy: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
Hi guys, I am quite surprised that these troop led by "Major General" Seun would march into the territory of a group of peaceful, analytical minds trying to make a living. It is very unfair to cause such distractions at this point in time.
Where were you 13 Seasons ago when this all started? Is it now you realised that "Forex is a dangerous hobby"? You don't have to enforce your opinion on people(especially adults).

Seun, I think they really deserve an apology from you.

Dear fx traders, you don't have to prove to anyone the reality of what you do, no one is compelled to get involved.

God bless us all.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by InvertedHammer: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
naijababe:

Bros, i am a technical trader, i trade what i see o.

Ok. Just an opinion to help you maximize profit.

I am sorry. Seems you took it the wrong way.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Ok. Just an opinion to help you maximize profit.

I am sorry. Seems you took it the wrong way.

Not at all. I meant i just take my tradea off my charts. The only time i dont take position if my charts says so is if a high impact news is imminent.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Toks2008(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
babypipsy: Hi guys, I am quite surprised that these troop led by "Major General" Seun would march into the territory of a group of peaceful, analytical minds trying to make a living. It is very unfair to cause such distractions at this point in time.
Where were you 13 Seasons ago when this all started? Is it now you realised that "Forex is a dangerous hobby"? You don't have to enforce your opinion on people(especially adults).

Seun, I think they really deserve an apology from you.

Dear fx traders, you don't have to prove to anyone the reality of what you do, no one is compelled to get involved.

God bless us all.

That is where you guys will continue to fool yourselves. Why get involved in what you can't prove its worth. Even GOD who created us in his image always proves himself over and over again that he is GOD. This type of comment goes a long way to vindicate Seun.

Seun, get this straight. Fx trading is profitable but many Nigerian fx traders are noise makers and babies enmeshed in Forex hype.99% of Nigerian traders will not agree that they fail over and over again in this business due to GREED AND INDISCIPLINE as a result of manually trading the crazy market yet they will never show the world that the business is indeed profitable.

Seun, you know me quite well that i have been in this for years and if all the traders in this forum don't see any reason to prove you wrong THEN I WILL. Its not easy to develop a profitable method for this business but i thank GOD i have and when i finally start my automated trading i promise to send you the link and i hope in 12 months from now, you will have the humility to come render apologies to every trader on this forum but before then,you owe nobody any apology.

End of story.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by babypipsy: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Toks2008! Toks2008!! Toks2008!!! Thank you
Toks2008:

That is where you guys will continue to fool yourselves. Why get involved in what you can't prove its worth. Even GOD who created us in his image always proves himself over and over again that he is GOD. This type of comment goes a long way to vindicate Seun.

Seun, get this straight. Fx trading is profitable but many Nigerian fx traders are noise makers and babies enmeshed in Forex hype.99% of Nigerian traders will not agree that they fail over and over again in this business due to GREED AND INDISCIPLINE as a result of manually trading the crazy market yet they will never show the world that the business is indeed profitable.

Seun, you know me quite well that i have been in this for years and if all the traders in this forum don't see any reason to prove you wrong THEN I WILL. Its not easy to develop a profitable method for this business but i thank GOD i have and when i finally start my automated trading i promise to send you the link and i hope in 12 months from now, you will have the humility to come render apologies to every trader on this forum but before then,you owe nobody any apology.

End of story.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by scopusng(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
A proof that some of us are doing very well in forex.My signatory below is also a proof. Doubters should shut up

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by okemmadu(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
It seems some people here think forex traders are irresponsible people. maybe its time to look for other forex forums.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by rozayx5(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
@2sexy and Fxbom hope you caught this one wink

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Toks2008(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
scopusng: A proof that some of us are doing very well in forex.My signatory below is also a proof. Doubters should shut up

It is people like you who make Seun get even more vindicated. What rubbish have you just cut and paste? Many of you think this business is a joke and that is why people like Seun will always mock us.

Enough of all these cut and paste nonsense. If you want to show proof then we have standard monitoring sites that do that.

Until we give this business some credibility, we will always be mocked so please lets be matured and real.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
What am I seeing?208 pages?wow the fta thread is getting bigger,that is nice

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by VirginFinder: 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
InvertedHammer: GUARANTEE:

Anyone fretting about Seun's comment is currently losing money in the market.

I know the nature of the beast which is why his comment was mere entertainment for me. I don't think anyone banking their pips will be as concerned with Seun's opinion as our people here have demonstrated.

Finally, TO MAKE MONEY NO EASY! forex ko, rexfo ni!

Bros, you got it!

I dont know why they are all angry with Seun if they are actually doing well.

Going by the average human nature, a man/woman will almost not want you to know the secret of their wealth and will even go all out to paint a gloomy picture of their booming business so that you dont join in.

Shouldn't the 'successful' FX traders be happy that Seun is doing this free of charge for them?

Rather, they want to have his head.

Na wa o.

Did Seun make up those lamentations by failed FX traders that eventually made frontpage?

Did he coerce any FX trader to come and share their awful FX experience on Nairaland?

Abeg free Seun jor!

Seun pls keep exposing these guys. Someday they'll repent and find a real job or business.

As it stands most of them are already neck-deep in shiiit. Only God can save them.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by dboy365: 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
na wa oh! this guy Toks again? You see proof yet you throw insults! Must everybody use your monitoring sites (myfxbook etc) before you would agree or confirm they are successful? You seem like a guy that must ve lost so much and must do everything to prove nobody manually trading can make it....anyway, continue with this your attitude and success in your EA development.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by Ferdinandu(m): 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
All these your Grammar na for advert. Wlldone ooo!
[quote author=9japipper]Something is the air,its ringing at a feverish pitch,its the order of the day. Everybody has been waiting for this God given opportunity.Tom could not believe his ears,Joystick is foaming from the mouth and Harry has bought a new big calculator to punch in his profits.

Its a jamboree for all the lazy bag of bones and they will milk the world dry this time around. Well I wouldn’t speak for other people as I’m only a Nigerian and in my years of sojourn right from birth in this good country,I know that everybody;children,youth,middle aged and even oldies have something going on strong about living in affluence.

We have had waves upon waves of trends and cultures of affluence such as Barons which was quite popular from the ,Jandons which took over in the 90s and yahoo boys came exploding in the new millennium. In as much as they are all still inter mingled
Re: Forex Trading - Season 13 by VirginFinder: 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
scopusng: A proof that some of us are doing very well in forex.My signatory below is also a proof. Doubters should shut up

It could all disappear in a matter of minutes.
That's forex for you!

You must plough whatever peanut you have gained from it into it again and then go ahead and lose it all eventually.

Its crazy!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (703) (Reply)

How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 17 ➜ ➜ ➜ / ➜ ➜ ➜ Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 16 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.