Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. (7021 Views)

Nigerians Can Be Very Hilarious: Ameachi The Transporter (photo) / Amb. Gabriel Oyibode Laments And Urges Urhobo To Be United Over The Death Of Chi / Nigerians Can Now Enjoy Affordable And Comfortable _a/c Transport System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Tayo114: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yes, we can unite, but when smbdy is found with drugs pple shall nt start calling igbos names, cuz they also make us proud,especialy yestrday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Symphony007: 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Not to be a cynic but i told someone yesterday that all the celebrations was the party..the hangover will be tomorrow when people will wake up and realise we're still in the same old disfunctional and tribalistic nigeria! No offence..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2013
greatgod2012:

sincerely, how i wish d BH's will stop all these their fights and pursue love and unity, with what i saw pple doing since yesternight, i tell you, we can make it, we can do away with tribalism, we can say bye bye to religious intolerance, we can embrace peace, we can be ONE again....i tell you.

I WISH I COULD SHARE UR OPTIMISM. THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN HAS BILE IN HIS VEINS. TAKE AWAY ALL THAT BITTERNESS AND EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE AS RAIN
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Lakayana: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
denzel2009: True talk...even boko harams were throwing bombs in the air to jubilate.
what we're they celebrating the killing of the Korean doctors of the bombing of churches?
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Hoodrat(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lol tribalism only exist on nairaland,religion intolerance will seize to happen soon.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Tears of joy rolled down ma ckicks yestnight, as I watched with keen admiration the suddenly spirit of nationhood gracing dat joyous night. Seeing everyone put aside religion and tribe to embrace the Green and white Flag, was surely a spactacle to behold. GO! On With One Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by DeepSight(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
greatgod2012: Looking at how Nigerians (home and abroad) are happy during and after our just concluded matches, im so enthusistic that we Nigerians can do without hatred or bitterness against one another.
Therefore, im using this opportunity to appeal to all of us to be united and make ourselves ONE, if we can make it during our matches, then, we can always make it.
ONE NIGERIA!
Lets be reunited again.
Enough of tribalism!
Enough of segregation!
Enough of hatred!
Enough of bitterness!
Enough of religious intolerance!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
O N E N I G E R I A ! ! !

Blood is on your hands.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
mikedaniel76@gmail.com:
Tears of joy rolled down ma ckicks yestnight, as I watched with keen admiration the suddenly spirit of nationhood gracing dat joyous night. Seeing everyone put aside religion and tribe to embrace the Green and white Flag, was surely a spactacle to behold. GO! On With One Nigeria.

@poster, this your grammar is enough to keep us from being united. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by ukpaku: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
the issue is that we can be sad every day,if we must be united then we must portray altitude that will forster unity.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by eduson002(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
Was Nigeria ever one?I don't think so.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by omoodeogere(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
greatgod2012: Looking at how Nigerians (home and abroad) are happy during and after our just concluded matches, im so enthusistic that we Nigerians can do without hatred or bitterness against one another.
Therefore, im using this opportunity to appeal to all of us to be united and make ourselves ONE, if we can make it during our matches, then, we can always make it.
ONE NIGERIA!
Lets be reunited again.
Enough of tribalism!
Enough of segregation!
Enough of hatred!
Enough of bitterness!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
one more ting GOD SAVE NAIJA
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by ichidodo: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
When the SUPER EAGLES were playing poorly some people labelled them BIAFRAN EAGLES. Now THE BIAFRAN EAGLES are the Champions of Africa, u are calling for UNity, shey?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by jude33084(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
greatgod2012: [s]Looking at how Nigerians (home and abroad) are happy during and after our just concluded matches, im so enthusistic that we Nigerians can do without hatred or bitterness against one another.
ONE NIGERIA!
Lets be reunited again.
Enough of tribalism!
Enough of segregation!
Enough of hatred!
Enough of bitterness!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
O N E N I G E R I A ! ! ! [/s]

angry angry tongue

Imagine?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by jude33084(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
ichidodo: When the SUPER EAGLES were playing poorly some people labelled them BIAFRAN EAGLES. Now THE BIAFRAN EAGLES are the Champions of Africa, u are calling for UNity, shey?

Τhis is the Mohammadu Abubakar that said it in facebook wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Agimor(m): 5:13pm On Feb 11, 2013
ONE NIGERIA!
Lets be reunited again.
Enough of tribalism!
Enough of segregation!
Enough of hatred!
Enough of bitterness!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
On point ma.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by rapmike(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2013
ONE NIGERIA!
Lets be reunited again.
Enough of tribalism!
Enough of segregation!
Enough of hatred!
Enough of bitterness!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Nigerians!
Dont confuse the jubliation to the unity of the country, although it may be a starting point. firstly, the economy has to improve for the common man, then our leaders have to show example
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by onatisi(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
undecided
as much as i would have loved to share this optimising,i still cant.the issue is nigeria isnt one ,hasnt been one ,nd will never be one.this is a nation composed of various and numerous nations and all of them been forced to unite.the slightest provocation is always more than enough to erupt and bring out the differences between and among us.all the ethnic groups in this country need to sit down and discuss how they want to live together not the forced unity which we have now

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by PehaKaso: 5:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
@PORTER, Lord Lugard has already asked Nigeria 2 disintegrate after 100yrs of dis forced union. Wetin com b ur own now?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by manchy7531: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
Remove North East and North West from Nigeria, then u will see true unity. Those cows are the problem of Nigeria.they are always drawing other progressive Nigerians back with there imaginary fear of southern advantage,religious and tribal sentiment,quota system etc.

Am Igbo and I won't mind sharing the same nationality with yoruba,Niger delta and Middlebeltans.They are all progressives and share the same outlook to life and development unlike those suicide bombers up north, they are not Nigerians neither are we the same or share anything in common with them.

The almagamation is not working.we want true federalism,state police,resource control,education for all,polio eradication etc. But the bombers up north will not agree because they feel it will give the south advantage over them or that if their people are educated, it will make them(their leaders) lose that grib they have over their gullible followers.

We in the south have our differences but we are matured and civilized enough to manage our differences.we don't go on rampage killing people of other ethnic or religious background.Not that we can't but the maturity,sophistication and civilization in the south have modified us to appreciated life in a live and let live way.

You can see and igbo-yoruba quarell or fight but u will never see them taking arm on each other.so it is with other southern ethnic groups.

For the middlebelt,with education,nemesis and regret of the past actions of fighting their innocent strangers in their midst, which did not benefit them rather fill them with memries of regret which continue to hunt them and their upcoming generations and also enslave them, they are in a better position to be admitted into the new southern nigeria IMO.

That's my take.One nigeria without NE & NW wil be a perfect Nigeria that will lead africa out of its slave chains

Yes their is corruption and poor leadership in the country, but what people fail to see is that our biggest problem is born out of our different ethnic or regional ideology and outlook to life as a result of religion,education and ethnicity.

It is only in the south that it has been managed well which is why lagos is what it is today. If not,jos would have been childs play.

I do like to see a nigeria with the lagos spirit.then we can now be singing unity in diversity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
miiraaj:

SAY NO TO NDIGBO'S WHININGS

SAY NO TO SOUTH SOUTH's "OUR OIL"

SAY NO TO KILLER PARTY (PDP)

SAY YES TO DETRIBALISED COALITION PARTY

SAY YES TO APC

SAY YES TO BUHARI/FASHOLA.
AGREED..
SAY YES ALSO TO TRUE FEDERALISM,SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE,RESOURCE CONTROL, ( LIKE IN THE DAYS OF GROUNDNUT AND COCOA)PIB BILL...
SAY NO TO :"ECONOMIC PARASITES."
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
abeg i don hear so when naija go divide
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
no one needs to leave Nigeria. Nigeria will only be at peace when everyone offcially converts to Traditional Religions.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by gudugudumeje: 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
FOOLISH! NA FOOTBALL VICTORY FIT UNITE MULTI-NATION country LIKE Nigeria. LIZARD HEADS!! READ YOUR HISTORY WELL, WELL........AD STOP FOOLING YOURSELF.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by cdoffx(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2013
Judging from the reactions of Nigerians to the victory, i believe if we have course to be happy like this then we will be happy to say i'm proud to be a Nigerian. I mean when job is guaranteed, poverty is alleviated to a negligible level, in short when there is something to make us happy each day we wake up from bed and we will say oh, i'm happy to be a Nigerian. Till then i doubt it
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by gforce5: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
Please. The Poster is too idealistic. What you are witnessing is temporary happiness. After a week or two Boko Haram will continue to blow up Christians, Yorubas and Igbos will continue to insult each other and the North will still want to come back to power to dominate Southerners. Nigeria is nothing more than a geographical and political expression.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Hardfact: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yes we can still be united. Whenever a football competition is on, we all become one, and rejoice together in love, in our victory like now. But as usual, whenever it's over, we simply return to our previous, normal disunited states 'cause truly we never were one in the first.
In fact, this time, even the Bokoharam Islamic murders couldnt even wait till the competition was over before killing some 15 health workers in Kano and Yobe, just this same weekend!
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
aryzgreat: when they make us proud, they are nigerians,

when drug is found on them they are igbos,

when they played bad during group stage, its bc d team is a biafran team,

when they lift d cup, nigeria has a good team

when he selected the best to do d job for him, he was a bigot, biafran agendist, no federal charaacter

When he won d cup, he is d best coach, he won it as a player and as a coach.

when they wia paid $15,000 for qualifying in group stage, an activist was mad that certain region will be richer than other region by $15,000

Now,Dangote, Adenuga, Senate, Presidency etc are dolling cash reward to them, d activict was reported dangling on a rope!

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM

YES TO MERITOCRACY!

Its well with 9JA if bluetooth and co will accept.
Dont mind dem. We can be one Nigeria? They shd tell dat to fashola in Lagos on the way he feels abt igbos.
How come the SE plays better when d players are predominantly from one ethnic group dan when mixed,check 90's and 2013.
One Nigeria my foot. Unless measures are put in place, its not sth that will be achieved on NL alone. Nigeria is larger dan NL. Call me anything u like, i dont care a hoot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by angelina08(f): 12:37am On Feb 12, 2013
How can we be united when Biafra won the cup? Check out the whole lineup - both players and coaching team!
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by Slizbeat(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2013
miiraaj:

SAY NO TO NDIGBO'S WHININGS

SAY NO TO SOUTH SOUTH's "OUR OIL"

SAY NO TO KILLER PARTY (PDP)

SAY YES TO DETRIBALISED COALITION PARTY

SAY YES TO APC

SAY YES TO BUHARI/FASHOLA.

BORIIIIING!!!!
The guy you quoted was right.
Re: Nigerians Can Still Be United Again. by emmajew(m): 11:58am On Feb 12, 2013
manchy7531: Remove North East and North West from Nigeria, then u will see true unity. Those cows are the problem of Nigeria.they are always drawing other progressive Nigerians back with there imaginary fear of southern advantage,religious and tribal sentiment,quota system etc.

Am Igbo and I won't mind sharing the same nationality with yoruba,Niger delta and Middlebeltans.They are all progressives and share the same outlook to life and development unlike those suicide bombers up north, they are not Nigerians neither are we the same or share anything in common with them.

The almagamation is not working.we want true federalism,state police,resource control,education for all,polio eradication etc. But the bombers up north will not agree because they feel it will give the south advantage over them or that if their people are educated, it will make them(their leaders) lose that grib they have over their gullible followers.

We in the south have our differences but we are matured and civilized enough to manage our differences.we don't go on rampage killing people of other ethnic or religious background.Not that we can't but the maturity,sophistication and civilization in the south have modified us to appreciated life in a live and let live way.

You can see and igbo-yoruba quarell or fight but u will never see them taking arm on each other.so it is with other southern ethnic groups.

For the middlebelt,with education,nemesis and regret of the past actions of fighting their innocent strangers in their midst, which did not benefit them rather fill them with memries of regret which continue to hunt them and their upcoming generations and also enslave them, they are in a better position to be admitted into the new southern nigeria IMO.

That's my take.One nigeria without NE & NW wil be a perfect Nigeria that will lead africa out of its slave chains

Yes their is corruption and poor leadership in the country, but what people fail to see is that our biggest problem is born out of our different ethnic or regional ideology and outlook to life as a result of religion,education and ethnicity.

It is only in the south that it has been managed well which is why lagos is what it is today. If not,jos would have been childs play.

I do like to see a nigeria with the lagos spirit.then we can now be singing unity in diversity.

I think u are very correct. There are more quarrels btw Yorubas and Igbos than between any two other tribes in Nigeria, yet they dont resort to barbarism. The north must learn from especially these two peoples. Quick resort to bloodshed tells only a story of middle age civilisation. It becomes worrisome when such people are desperate for political power.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Idowuogbo / Loan@ Renmoney....now @ A Reduced Interest Rate.. / Transportation From Ajah To Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.