Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London (7505 Views)

Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / 'islam Is Reviving British Values', Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Rowan / Swedish Archbishop Prefers Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by simongonner: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2013
London – The Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Justin Welby on Sunday in London condemned the attack on the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, describing it as “disgraceful” and “atrocious”.

Welby said this when he paid a sympathy visit to the royal father, who was flown to London following the attack in Kano by unknown gunmen.

The gunmen attacked the emir’s convoy along Zoo road, near Sahad Stores, last month, killing his driver, his orderly and a traditional guard who tried to protect him.

The emir’s two sons who were also in his convoy, were injured.

“I am here to bring my condolences on the disgraceful and atrocious attack on His Royal Highness.

And on the loss of some of his staff, which is something that is a great shame and I rejoice that His Royal Highness himself was unharmed in the attack.

” I pray for you and all those in Nigeria who carry out the work of peace, reconciliation and seek to bring Nigeria to the place where it is supposed to be in strength and prosperity against the terrorists,” Welby said.

Responding, Bayero expressed has appreciation for the visit and congratulated Welby on his appointment.

The emir, who spoke in Hausa through the Chiroman Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Bayero, commended the role of the Anglican Communion in promoting peace and unity in Nigeria.

The Archbishop was received by the Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingom, Dr Dalhatu Tafida, and the Turakin Kano, Alhaji Nasir Bayero. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/archbishop-of-canterbury-visits-emir-of-kano-in-london/
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by simongonner: 7:36am On Feb 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by hardywaltz(m): 7:38am On Feb 11, 2013
Christianity is truly a religion of peace.

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by dridowu: 7:40am On Feb 11, 2013
God pls guide and protect us

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by laykhorn(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2013
And whats d biggie?
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by joek(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2013
What a good gesture! I pray that these killings stop in Nigeria IJN.3rd to comment!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by madridguy(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2013
ISLAM ALSO IS RELIGION OF PEACE. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF, WE ARE JUST 2 PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. THE GOOD AND THE BAD. REGARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGION, IF YOU ARE DOING GOOD, YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND IF YOU ARE BAD,YOU ARE A BAD PERSON . DON'T COMPROMISE ANYTHING WITH RELIGION.

15 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by theripper: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Shouldn't the Emir be recuperating in Iraq, Syria or Lebanon.? Wetin he dey find for UK? Is western education not haram again?

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by blackgucci(m): 9:31am On Feb 11, 2013
hardywaltz: Christianity is truly a religion of peace.
tell that to those who died during the crusades and inquisitions.

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by 9icest: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2013

Lol....funny but absolutely truthful. The moslems can come here and start talking about the crusades, etc...but thats all past tense. The moslems today are looking like the best-tools in the hands of the devil. Shame the Quran has been reduced to a mass-murdering manual....The moslems NEED EDUCATION. I thought that was what your Prophet advocated the MOST?

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Cmoyor: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2013
Dts a good one there if only Osama-bin-laden was still alive to pay such visit to jonathan too
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by sayusuf(m): 9:35am On Feb 11, 2013
the_ripper: Should the Emir be recuperating in Iraq, Syria or Lebanon.? Wetin he dey find for UK? Is western education not haram again?

Where do you learn that western education is sin in this countries?
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by OluEmmaAss: 9:46am On Feb 11, 2013
I hope he learn some thongs from the whiteman about religious tolerance.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by abdul23(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2013
the_ripper: Should the Emir be recuperating in Iraq, Syria or Lebanon.? Wetin he dey find for UK? Is western education not haram again?
grow up kid.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Asis(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2013
Oneness is all we need,beautifully demostrated there.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by deols(f): 10:06am On Feb 11, 2013
Clueless Nigerians dont know that these people are friends behind closed doors.

Smh at so much ignorance

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by strangest(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2013
Eeeeyah.. the Emir has really gone through a lot... first they burnt his house when GEJ won the election...now they also tried to kill him... Kudos to the Archbishop for showing love
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2013

Der is no religion dat doesn't preach peace, wake up n open ur eyes to c dat d pple causing violence in d world r nt religious bt dey r tools in d hand of d devil, n our so calld leaaders r aware of it selfishly...God in His infinite wisdom has designd dat d wole world ll nt b of d same religion, n der is nothin any1 cn do abt dat. So acpt dt fact n face where u were born to b n dnt criticize d religions of odas esp wen u dnt knw anytin abt dem xcpt d false rumours u heard abt dem.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by ukpaku: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2013
Na so my brother,one day! One day all the country go still enjoy lasting peace,that's my prayer
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by batiatus(m): 11:01am On Feb 11, 2013
he try all na evangelism strategy grin, but how many private jets does the archbishop have?
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by juman(m): 11:09am On Feb 11, 2013
The runaway emir. grin
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2013
He that is not a Muslim that is playing with a Muslims endangered his Life
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by ozodigboo(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
With all these comments, i dont know whats happening to Nigeria.

Several years ago, while in secondary school at the Federal Govt College, Enugu - i had so many Hausa / Fulani as friends [ i am Ibo ].

They were all very nice, humble guys.

A few years ago, i served NYSC in Kebbi - my opinion of them did not change.

I really dont know why all these are happening.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by fuckurfeelings: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2013
laykhorn: And whats d biggie?
ask ur father
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by arewaboy(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
strangest: Eeeeyah.. the Emir has really gone through a lot... first they burnt his house when GEJ won the election...now they also tried to kill him... Kudos to the Archbishop for showing love
when did emir's palace was burnt? You shld knw the fact that never in history of kano the emir's palace was burnt..
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Namiad(m): 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2013

christianity is not a religion!!!

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Hardfact: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2013
A move quite symbolic, by the xtian bishop. I pray the wicked muslim groups spilling blood everywhere back home in naija learn one or two things from it!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by free13: 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
the_ripper: Shouldn't the Emir be recuperating in Iraq, Syria or Lebanon.? Wetin he dey find for UK? Is western education not haram again?

choi........ grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I read 3 “ ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad” & claim completion of the Holy Qur'an? / Full Meaning Of RAMADAN. / How a Woman On Her Period Can Observe Laylatul-qadr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.