Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London (7507 Views)

Emir Of Zang, Taraba Among The Dead In Hajj Stampede (Photo) / 'islam Is Reviving British Values', Former Archbishop Of Canterbury Rowan / Swedish Archbishop Prefers Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
hardywaltz: Christianity is truly a religion of peace.
show me where jesus called himself xtian in the bible
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by jodeci(m): 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
lekibraky:
show me where jesus called himself xtian in the bible

The most ignorant statement i have come across in ages.

Isn't christainity a way of life fashioned after him? Jesus Christ.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by donphilopus: 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2013
arewaboy: when did emir's palace was burnt? You shld knw the fact that never in history of kano the emir's palace was burnt..
english?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by buJu234: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
am waiting for the day that ISLAM followers will do same all in the name of peace
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Amalaaba: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
ozodigboo: With all these comments, i dont know whats happening to Nigeria.

Several years ago, while in secondary school at the Federal Govt College, Enugu - i had so many Hausa / Fulani as friends [ i am Ibo ].

They were all very nice, humble guys.

A few years ago, i served NYSC in Kebbi - my opinion of them did not change.

I really dont know why all these are happening.

My guy, What is happening is political not religious. These guys killing others are well known to trade/use drugs and alcohol which is anti-Islam.

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IF YOU APPLY MY GOLDEN RULE: A man is not good or bad because of his race or religion.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by hakanai(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
buJu-234:
am waiting for the day that ISLAM followers will do same all in the name of peace

^^^^
Abuja: Muslim community visits bomb blast victims

| Print | E-mail

Thursday, 29 December 2011

MEMBERS of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Muslim community, on Wednesday, visited the victims of the Christmas Day bomb blast, which occurred at St. Theresa's Catholic Church, Madalla in Suleja, Niger State.

The visit to the National Hospital in Abuja was led by Sheikh Abdulwaheed Abubakar, Head of the FCT Council of Imams and Ulamas.

Abubakar dissociated Islam from the carnage that occurred on Christmas Day, saying: “Islam is a religion of peace, and no one should link the bomb blast to Islam.”

Abubakar said that the delegation was on a mission of goodwill and to distance themselves from the perpetrators of the carnage.

He prayed for peaceful co-existence between the Muslim and Christian communities and condemned the act as callous and repressive.

The group presented beverages to the victims, saying it was a show of solidarity.

The chief medical director of the hospital, Professor Bello Sheu, thanked the Muslim community for the gesture.

He stated that the management of the hospital would be willing to accept more gifts from other concerned Nigerians.

“Let us show empathy and not ask for figures of casualties. The victims are stable now, some with head injuries, some with very bad burns. We are taking care of them; we have the facilities.’

Bello stated that the affected victims were responding to treatment and in stable condition and urged the public to stop speculating on the number of casualties.

He said in spite of the level of the burns and the injuries sustained by the victims, the hospital was capable of catering for their needs.

The group also visited the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada and St. Theresa's Catholic Church, Madalla.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/33491-abuja-muslim-community-visits-bomb-blast-victims
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by hakanai(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Vado: Tell that to those who died during jihadi wars of conquest and expansion across Europe all the way to north Africa preceding the crusades. There wouldn't have been a crusade in the first place if Muhammad and his goons weren't taking over other people's land unjustly, killing and imposing religion. It was a defensive war in response to Islamic aggression across Europe. Stop acting like you are the victim on here.

LMAO !!!! See propaganda.How about the Romans (during the era of constantine)that spread xtianity and persecution of Non-Christians including Jews.Abi them to expand and you need to reclaim?What was the religious demography of the world and what reclaiming are we talking about?Is it the Pagans or the Jews that were violently treated you called reclaim?Mr man read your history books.When they came to Africa was Islam in the SE states or certain states?Did it stop there religious influence and destruction of traditions.
Don't give us that hypocritical view Jare!!!! Many have died in the hands of christian-dom as well as Islam and i can bet lesser even in the hands of Islam.Haven't Christian-dom killed over heresy,Jewish believers or certain pagan followers ?etc!
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by rapmike(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
simon gonner: London – The Archbishop of Canterbury, Archbishop Justin Welby on Sunday in London condemned the attack on the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, describing it as “disgraceful” and “atrocious”.

Welby said this when he paid a sympathy visit to the royal father, who was flown to London following the attack in Kano by unknown gunmen.

The gunmen attacked the emir’s convoy along Zoo road, near Sahad Stores, last month, killing his driver, his orderly and a traditional guard who tried to protect him.

The emir’s two sons who were also in his convoy, were injured.

“I am here to bring my condolences on the disgraceful and atrocious attack on His Royal Highness.

And on the loss of some of his staff, which is something that is a great shame and I rejoice that His Royal Highness himself was unharmed in the attack.

” I pray for you and all those in Nigeria who carry out the work of peace, reconciliation and seek to bring Nigeria to the place where it is supposed to be in strength and prosperity against the terrorists,” Welby said.

Responding, Bayero expressed has appreciation for the visit and congratulated Welby on his appointment.

The emir, who spoke in Hausa through the Chiroman Kano, Alhaji Sanusi Bayero, commended the role of the Anglican Communion in promoting peace and unity in Nigeria.

The Archbishop was received by the Nigerian High Commissioner to the United Kingom, Dr Dalhatu Tafida, and the Turakin Kano, Alhaji Nasir Bayero. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/archbishop-of-canterbury-visits-emir-of-kano-in-london/
when millions of nigerian christians died over 10 yyears in various occasions, it was not atrocious, it is now that he can remember atrocity. the Archbishop should watch what he is saying
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by drnoel: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
hardywaltz: Christianity is truly a religion of peace.
can't agree more
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ah! I tot d king of saudi arabia or d sultan of mecca wold hav been d first callers to visit E b lyk say they were nt aware ooo, come 2 tink abt it, undecided do they evn care? grin Mtscheew, bt i tink heard some poverty stricken,violent oriented hausa muuks sayin they r fightn for d same religion dat d arabs r pimpn hoes& livn off d fast lanes, y we hav shekau clutchn ak47 rifle hidn in 1 hut in mali, eatn tuwo & miyan taushe plus kunu, trekkn under 46 degree african sun deceivn hungry hausa boys who look forward to disvirgn 20 virgins . Omo my pple dnt mind all these pple, i jst dy look dem dy laff, cuz by d time they realise it Shekau wold hav had all the virgins for himself cry sooo sad
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by tallglass: 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2013
The Archbishop onced worked in Nigeria for an oil company. I believe he met the Emir who has stakes in the said company while working in Nigeria hence the visit.
Re: Archbishop Of Canterbury Visits Emir Of Kano In London by BetaThings: 7:44am On Feb 14, 2013
hadbak: Indeed, christianity is a religion of !
Salaam
We should not say things like this. We are supposed to enjoin good and forbid evil
I know the Christians often heckle us, but we should not allow that determine what we actually do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Meaning Of RAMADAN. / Can I read 3 “ ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad” & claim completion of the Holy Qur'an? / How a Woman On Her Period Can Observe Laylatul-qadr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.