Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! (576 Views)

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused / Benedict Odiase Is Dead (Composer Of The National Anthem) / Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! by Starlett: 12:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
Updated at 6:19 a.m. ET: ROME -- Pope Benedict XVI is to resign on February 28 because of his failing health, a Vatican spokesman said Monday.
Greg Burke, senior communication adviser to the Holy See, said the 85-year-old will step down on February 28.
The pope announced his decision during an address, in Latin, at the "Concistory for the canonization of the martyrs of Otranto", a relatively small event held early this morning.
Joseph Ratzinger became the 265th pope in April 2005.
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/11/16924342-pope-benedict-xvi-to-resign-on-feb-28-vatican-says?lite
Re: Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! by Starlett: 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
Interesting.
Now, WHAT could be the real reason??
Re: Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! by Itoroetti(m): 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Its better to resign honourably.may D almighty God continue to be with u.
So I'm d 2nd to comment.nawaoh.I thought I'll win 1st position dis time around.I never take 1st b4 even for school.
Re: Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! by merengue: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
I hope our civil servants who have been celebrating their 55th birthday anniversaries for the last 10 years and the African megalomaniacs (Robert Mugabe, Sam Nujoma, Issa Hayatou, Paul Biya and co) learn a thing or two on how to bow out gracefully. Tua perfrui, Euge Dignum Quiete, sanctitas tua!!!!!
Re: Breaking News!!!! Pope Benedict To Resign February 28th!!! by tomakint: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
Starlett: Interesting.
Now, WHAT could be the real reason??
Old Age of course, the Holy See is 85 years old! Time to take a break and watch from the stands, I hope he will still be committed!

(1) (Reply)

1 / Is This True About Patience Jonathan??? / Yerima’s Arrest:acn, ANPP Threaten Massive Protest If APC Is Denied Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.