Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

Pope Benedict XVI To Resign!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI To Resign!!! (477 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Benedict XVI To Resign!!! by Slizbeat(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI has announced he will resign February 28, the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years.
The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new Pope before the end of March.

The 85-year-old Pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals Monday morning.
He said that because of his advanced age and diminishing strength, he didn'tfeel he could carry on the job.

"Both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me," he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/pope-to-resign-on-feb-28-vatican-20130211-2e95n.html
Re: Pope Benedict XVI To Resign!!! by JeSoul(f): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2013

(1) (Reply)

The Head Of The World’s Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI, Has Announced resign / Seven Days / Please Help Me Brethren In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.