Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,325 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

Pope Benedict To Resign - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Benedict To Resign (539 Views)

Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea / Obama Urged To Resign Over Beyoncé Scandal - SATIRE / Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Pope Benedict To Resign by ps5(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI will resign on February twenty eight, his spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told CNN Monday.

The 85-year-old pope is actually resigning "because of state-of-the-art age, " Benedict told the cardinals with the Catholic Church on Monday.

"Strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months has deteriorated in me towards extent that I also have to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to everyone, " the pope advised the cardinals, according towards Vatican.

The last pope to be able to resign was Gregory XII inside 1415. He did so to absolve a civil war within the church in which a couple of man claimed to end up being pope.

Benedict, the 265th pope, is the sixth German to serve as pope and also the first since the 11th hundred years. He became pope inside 2005.

He has led church as soon as the third-longest papacy in chapel history and during a time where the church is declining inside his native Europe nevertheless expanding in Africa along with Latin America.

Benedict's time as pope continues to be marked with a number of scandals and controversies, including countless new allegations of erectile abuse by priest
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by ps5(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
ps 5: Pope Benedict XVI will resign on February twenty eight, his spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told CNN Monday.

The 85-year-old pope is actually resigning "because of state-of-the-art age, " Benedict told the cardinals with the Catholic Church on Monday.

"Strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months has deteriorated in me towards extent that I also have to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to everyone, " the pope advised the cardinals, according towards Vatican.

The last pope to be able to resign was Gregory XII inside 1415. He did so to absolve a civil war within the church in which a couple of man claimed to end up being pope.

Benedict, the 265th pope, is the sixth German to serve as pope and also the first since the 11th hundred years. He became pope inside 2005.

He has led church as soon as the third-longest papacy in chapel history and during a time where the church is declining inside his native Europe nevertheless expanding in Africa along with Latin America.

Benedict's time as pope continues to be marked with a number of scandals and controversies, including countless new allegations of erectile abuse by priest

http://arthurkingpeters..com/2013/02/pope-benedict-to-resign.html
Re: Pope Benedict To Resign by JeSoul(f): 4:54pm On Feb 11, 2013

(1)

Nigerian Women's Rights Advocate, Josephine Odumakin Honored By Michelle Obama / Israel Launches Fresh Airstrike On Gaza Strip / Sanjay Dutt Goes Back To Jail To Complete His Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.