Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,972 members, 7,814,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya (22371 Views)

Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines / Woman Kisses Two Lions In South Africa (VIDEO And Pictures) / Two Lions Cause Serious Traffic Gridlock In Nairobi, Kenya (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Novak(m): 8:24am On Feb 12, 2013
Two lions brought rush-hour traffic to a standstill in Nairobi, Kenya when they decided to have a lie down in the middle the street.

It was during the morning commute on the the edge of the Nairobi National Park that two young males appeared on the side of the road and strolled out in front of cars and trucks for a roll-around.

The African lions' antics caused tail backs as they found the busy road the perfect place to rub themselves in buffalo faeces,

Amateur South African snapper Gareth Jones was one of the drivers stuck in the traffic jam last month and decided to get out and photograph the unique scene at 6.40am.

Gareth, originally from South Africa but now living in Kenya, said: ‘I had only driven about 500 metres when the shapes of two big male lions could be seen in the road.

‘They went into a ridiculous pose, with their rear ends up in the air and their faces down over some buffalo dung. They were trying to mask their smell so they could hunt undetected.

‘They both looked like they were enjoying themselves and it was an incredible start to the day.’

http://demipost.com/playful-lions-bring-cars-to-a-standstill-in-nairobi-kenya/

4 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Akshow: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2013
awesome! i guess its a game reserve not normal city traffic
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Jaideyone(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2013
Akshow: awesome! i guess its a game reserve not normal city traffic
definitely a game reserve

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by momodub: 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
.see me see troble o una see the man snaping picture with mobile phone?he want make the lion sharia him hand cheesy anyway nice park picture

4 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by MadCow1: 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ok
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
These animals no dey fear anymore.

Beautiful lions tho. I'd have gotten out of my car to play with them.

4 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
Brave photographer
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
o boy, i go 'pick a race' and run

2 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by DIYTechnologies: 2:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
If you wan die, just come out of the car to take pictures....

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Igwe9(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
hmm, thought it was only in a movie this kind of thing does happen?
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by ikechukz(m): 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
na photoshop jor

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by FXKing2012(m): 2:26pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is why I love Kenya

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by uzeba(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
If na all this nigeria witchcraft lion!! U for hear say person die!!

8 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by ba7man(m): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
These animals no dey fear anymore.

Beautiful lions tho. I'd have gotten out of my car to play with them.
Hmmm...The way dem go take chop dat your "IdI" wey u wear "Ileke" for ehn....

14 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by bigwallace(m): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
Omo me no fit wait snap dis I go pick race ooooo.well its stil lovely anyways

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
[size=20]What did obama say about this incident?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by dasparrow: 2:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
@Post

The lions are cute. They are so busy enjoying themselves.

On a side note, what are all those caucasians/oyibos doing there? Don't they have jobs to go to? Oh I forgot....their economies are still in a deep recession and many of them are now unemployed so they have chosen to watch lions rubbing themselves in buffalo dung/feces in far away Africa.

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Chidex2442(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is awesome! In my area common dog that i hit with my bike, d dog came 2 fight me and i beat d dog 2 death! And took it along wt me for pepper soup
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Symphony007: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is beautifull!! I've seen stuff like this in canada where bears and other animals block the road and you dare not kill them cause it's a federal offence. It just shows the beauty of conservation, no be nigeria wey dem don chop all finish!!

1 Like

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Ominiriches(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2013
Just fun!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Sike(m): 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2013
But that Lion BIG small oo!
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
Symphony007: This is beautifull!! I've seen stuff like this in canada where bears and other animals block the road and you dare not kill them cause it's a federal offence. It just shows the beauty of conservation, no be nigeria wey dem don chop all finish!!

Lmaooooooo na lion peppersouping for the whole village cheesy
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by timpaker(m): 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
If i were in my friend's street in the east, those lions would have given one the reason to bear "Ogbuagu" (the killer of lion) and the meat would have bn served in the village square

2 Likes

Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by MaziJero: 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
go drink garri
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by omiobo: 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
undecided
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Novak(m): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
Go and give those lions a handshake, let's see if you wld live to tell the story on nairaland.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Novak(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
They seem to be enjoying it o,no mind them.
dasparrow: @Post

The lions are cute. They are so busy enjoying themselves.

On a side note, what are all those caucasians/oyibos doing there? Don't they have jobs to go to? Oh I forgot....their economies are still in a deep recession and many of them are now unemployed so they have chosen to watch lions rubbing themselves in buffalo dung/feces in far away Africa.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Sweetapple007(f): 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
I hav a lion f sale interested person shld applied.
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by Walexy96: 3:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
angry omo I no dey play with wild animal ooo grin grin
Re: Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya by JimmyBoy1: 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
So enjoyable to see the pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production / Different Types Of Stars. / What Technology Did You Expect Would Be Available Now That Isn't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.