Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers (15983 Views)

CPC Orders MTN To Pay 1.85m Naira To Promo Winner / SIM Validation: MTN Apologises To Subscribers / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Akainzo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
samir101ng: MTN Nigeria to Deliver BB Z10 Operating System to Subscribers

Nigeria's leading Information and Communications Technology (ICT) company, MTN, says it has concluded plans with BlackBerry, makers of the brand new Blackberry Z10 smartphone, to deliver the new Blackberry 10 OS device to its customers in Nigeria.

It will be the first to bring Blackberry's latest offering to the Nigerian market.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201302120158.html

OP or mod, can you please modify the title!!! There is a difference between the BlackBerry Z10 and the BlackBerry 10 OS!
There is NOTHING like the "BlackBerry Z10 Operating System".

Yes, MTN (plus Airtel and Glo ) is bringing both to Nigeria at the same time but the item is not "Z10 Operating System." The BlackBerry Z10 Phone would be running the BlackBerry 10 Operating System.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by tremzy07(f): 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
What about the Q10, the other blackberry 10 os phone with the qwerty key pads? When are they bringing that in? So not interested in any phone without a physical keypad...maybe im old fashioned but hey...

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by chucky234(m): 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
The BB Z10 is an amazing phone,we already compared it with Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5,the Z10 came out top with certain performances especially the camera.
Like it or hate it BB is re-born,RIM are back.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
outrage: For watin na? Phone way no get BIS!
Bros, does Android devices support bis? But I use BB plans on an Android device.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by SeunT2(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mtchew I don't like Blackberry either Z10 or Z15 BB fit go Heaven or Hell Nokia 3310 make sense die..
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
Bros, does Android devices support bis? But I use BB plans on an Android device.

What network is that pls?
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Zachxolan(m): 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
samkay12: The new BB doesn't use BIS
It's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time

Good:
You don't pay for the monthly BIS plan to get BBM

Bad:
BIS uses some sort of compression technology to ensure minimum bandwidth usage. This is advantageous in Nigeria where u get meagre download allowance for each month.

Basically, if you do a lot (i mean a looot) of browsing on BB, it might be cheaper to stick with the older models
For the new BB, Just pop in any sim, get an internet plan and you will have access to the BBM and other BB services on BB10 with no need for the additional BIS monthly thing

hope this helps
pls who told you it doess not allow BIS plans...You had better check the specs again and read more about it
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by cupid4ig(m): 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
people keep on yapping crap about bb10 not supporting bis pls and pls get ur facts right b4 u open ur mouth to talk or comment, bb10 supports bis. all this bb haters wont just rest, i even see one saying bb10 doesnt reach his iphone5 and it the same phone they compared with galaxys3 and iphone 5 and the the bb came out on top
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
amadika:
Thatz not true. It supports BIS and you can also use the normal internet plan to get all the BB services.

This is how a phone should operate. Unlike other BB models- no BIS, no internet connection.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by henry007(m): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
cupid4ig: people keep on yapping crap about bb10 not supporting bis pls and pls get ur facts right b4 u open ur mouth to talk or comment, bb10 supports bis. all this bb haters wont just rest, i even see one saying bb10 doesnt reach his iphone5 and it the same phone they compared with galaxys3 and iphone 5 and the the bb came out on top
leave them ignorant pple they would come around soon enough
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by Tajsagay(m): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: does d z10 support BIS plans?
this might help you Understanding the BlackBerry 10 BIS Controversy http://mobility.com.ng/understanding-the-blackberry-10-bis-controversy/
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by asids55: 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
chucky234: The BB Z10 is an amazing phone,we already did already compared with Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5,the Z10 came out top with certain performances especially the camera.
Like it or hate BB is re-born,RIM are back.

bolo....galaxy s3 came out last year may and you are comparing it with a phone that just came out some weeks back...when s4 or iphone 5s comes out,then you can do your comparison!!

1 Like

Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by ITbomb(m): 12:57am On Feb 14, 2013
Tajsagay: this might help you Understanding the BlackBerry 10 BIS Controversy http://mobility.com.ng/understanding-the-blackberry-10-bis-controversy/
and this is the summary: - BIS works on BB10 for BBM, but not for web browsing and other apps
- You can run other things via a generic data plan
- You can also use BBM on a generic data plan without BIS.
I have a question: if indeed I can run BBM chats over a generic data plan, why would I subscribe to BIS in addition to such a plan? Why would I subscribe to two data services at the same time and spend even more? For security of my chats? I doubt that most people would bother.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by amblors(m): 7:05am On Feb 14, 2013
ITbomb:
and this is the summary: - BIS works on BB10 for BBM, but not for web browsing and other apps
- You can run other things via a generic data plan
- You can also use BBM on a generic data plan without BIS.
I have a question: if indeed I can run BBM chats over a generic data plan, why would I subscribe to BIS in addition to such a plan? Why would I subscribe to two data services at the same time and spend even more? For security of my chats? I doubt that most people would bother.

The way I understand this whole BiS confusion is this -
Blackberry has given carriers a choice as av seen some comments where people said their canadian carriers put them on a BIS plan, there's no mention of BIS by UK carriers tho.
BIS is mainly for better push email, encryption and compression of data as its passed tru blackberry servers.
The only services on the new BB10 that would run on the BB servers are BBM and BES subscribers.
On the BB10, a regular Dataplan would give u access to everything,

My Guess is Airtel and Glo BIS would still be supported on the BB10 unofficially as its used on android devices coz. Of the bundled data.

But out Unlimted data providers prob won't follow that route, as Etisalat powers it with Easyblaze, their regular data which gives u a max of 6GB for 8k.
Only MTN seems to give the new devices a special treatment as they've created a new tarriff datz not as exciting as the conventional BIS, depending on your budget, it maybe more exciting than the regular data giving u amax of 1GB for 3k, which may not sound so good when u rem mtn regualr data gives u 7.5GB for 8k. Ohwell, choice is urs.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 7:07am On Feb 14, 2013
ollah1:

What network is that pls?
I use BB plan both on my Galaxy Y Pro phone and Bolt Modem on Glo.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by craziest: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2013
luluosas:
I use BB plan both on my Galaxy Y Pro phone and Bolt Modem on Glo.

How do you do this? Is it the regular activation code? Will you give you unlimited download?
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by luluosas(m): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2013
craziest:

How do you do this? Is it the regular activation code? Will you give you unlimited download?
Yes, it is the normal Glo BB activation process but, you have to create a profile on your device with APN blackberry.net and leave other fields empty. It is never unlimited. Go to https://www.nairaland.com/1140414/glo-blackberry-plans-phones-other for more info. Thank you.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by samir101ng(m): 11:04am On Feb 20, 2013
Was reading thru the forum at crackberry.com and saw a user commenting that the Z10 launched in Saudi Arabia is 3G only. Anybody with info on the particular model to be launched in Nigeria ? Secondly, the United States and Europe operate different spectrum/frequencies of LTE. Which version is superior or has more adoption around the world. It reminds me of the CDMA vs GSM issue.
Re: MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers by ashfaq1994: 3:06am On Oct 19, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Offers Free Six-month Data, 30% Bonus On New Internet Service / Airtel 20gb For 200naira Is Back And It Downloading Heavy Files On Opera Mini / My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.