Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack (16016 Views)

Invalid IMEI On My Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9190) / Invalid Imei On My Galaxy S4 Mini / God Repaired My Galaxy Tablet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 6:56am On May 20, 2013
Help please. My Samsung galaxy III fell down some days ago and the screen is crack. I would like to know how much a new screen cost and where can I get it fix. I am very sad cause the phone has started developing some problems and am thinking if the screen is causing it. I am addicted with the phone sad
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by Ossaifamous(m): 8:37am On May 20, 2013
Ah s3 n 2 like to crack ehn
well prepare 14000 at Samsung office o
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2013
Ossai famous: Ah s3 n 2 like to crack ehn
well prepare 14000 at Samsung office o
Thanks for the info, i pray it's the real price cause the offer am getting it much higher. Bless
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by ChristyB(f): 10:38am On May 20, 2013
i have the same problem, visited samsung stand at slot and was told it's 40k to replace it. i rather manage than change with such amount. Sorry dear
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 12:25pm On May 20, 2013
ChristyB: i have the same problem, visited samsung stand at slot and was told it's 40k to replace it. i rather manage than change with such amount. Sorry dear
I am thinking of dropping the phone or sale it if i can find a good offer.

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 20, 2013
kolajoo: I am thinking of dropping the phone or sale it if i can find a good offer.
u go sell am for 7k?
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by ChristyB(f): 3:47pm On May 20, 2013
kolajoo: I am thinking of dropping the phone or sale it if i can find a good offer.
7k ko, please dear just try to find a way and fix the phone, it's a nice phone i'm sure you know.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 7:58pm On May 20, 2013
ChristyB:
7k ko, please dear just try to find a way and fix the phone, it's a nice phone i'm sure you know.
That's sweet of you and i will stick to your word wink

2 Likes

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by VictorTobore(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2013
I just bought a galaxy S3 but after seeing d picture of your broken s3 fear catch me.Y didn't u buy a pouch 4 it in d first place?
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by turawafett(f): 10:07am On May 21, 2013
i have same problem and sent Samsung Nigeria an email they reply me that it will cost me 52k to replaced the screen that was 3 months ago, i'm using my phone with the broken screen.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by honsule(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2013
Was just thinking.what happened to their so call Corning Gorilla glass? grin grin I watched a video of how a car was driven across Samsung Galaxy,likewise how it was thrown across staircase with the Screen intact(It is scratch resistant, as well as shatter resistant.).I used bunch of keys to scratch my screen and it was intact(scratch resistant).But i promised myself to handle my SGS3 with care. wink wink wink

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 21, 2013
turawafett: i have same problem and sent Samsung Nigeria an email they reply me that it will cost me 52k to replaced the screen that was 3 months ago, i'm using my phone with the broken screen.
lmao 52k for a phone that costs 70-80k grin grin
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by tonardo(m): 3:23pm On May 21, 2013
kola dont think of selling it i promise to help you fix it.
it would cause you much, change mine yesterday,.
bought my s3 crack here on nairaland for 35k when it came out newly,
since then i have been using it like that with screen protector,. until i changed it everything still working perfectly.,
try let meet at the weekend,..
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by tonardo(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2013
turawafett: i have same problem and sent Samsung Nigeria an email they reply me that it will cost me 52k to replaced the screen that was 3 months ago, i'm using my phone with the broken screen.
my friend i can change the outer sceen for you if we can meet one on one,. just changed mine very neat..
contact me..ditonardo@yahoo.com
give me a trial.
it would cost you much.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2013
tonardo:
kola dont think of selling it i promise to help you fix it.
it would cause you much, change mine yesterday,.
bought my s3 crack here on nairaland for 35k when it came out newly,
since then i have been using it like that with screen protector,. until i changed it everything still working perfectly.,
try let meet at the weekend,..
thanks broda. I will definitely come to your side on Saturday as our discussion on phone. Thanks for your help.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2013
I don't know why it's very cost to replace just an outer screen but someone has promised to help me out and I want to give him a trial.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2013
Victor Tobore: I just bought a galaxy S3 but after seeing d picture of your broken s3 fear catch me.Y didn't u buy a pouch 4 it in d first place?
handle the device with care. Mine was in a strange pouch but everything separated when it fell down.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by fashizie(m): 5:28pm On May 21, 2013
Deez aint good reports for the cost of phone n adverts that followed.kind of a pity cos i am sure deez shatterd fones didnt drop off a chopper.
I ve used all sorts of expensive android fones frm inception but never had such xperiences..my fones dnt fall dat much eithier though.dis is kinda an eye opener
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by VictorTobore(m): 11:33pm On May 21, 2013
kolajoo: handle the device with care. Mine was in a strange pouch but everything separated when it fell down.
Tnx 4 d advice.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 7:05am On May 22, 2013
I advice Samsung user's to handle their device with care.

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by jafextra(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2013
kolajoo: I don't know why it's very cost to replace just an outer screen but someone has promised to help me out and I want to give him a trial.
The screen is half of the phone it's not just a screen but a digitiser. It comes together with the inseparable touch pad and panel at the back of it. When the screen is broken you have to change everything.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by turawafett(f): 9:31am On May 23, 2013
the screen is cracked but its still works well my son even drop it several times after the first but every thing still works fine, I'm a mac fans this is my first android, i will not bother changing the screen, i will go for tecno n7 since they both have same specification and use same OS, the difference is just the name, the major thing for me in a phone or computer is the specification, also why is iPhone screen so cheap 6k and Samsung screen so expensive.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2013
turawafett: the screen is cracked but its still works well my son even drop it several times after the first but every thing still works fine, I'm a mac fans this is my first android, i will not bother changing the screen, i will go for tecno n7 since they both have same specification and use same OS, the difference is just the name, the major thing for me in a phone or computer is the specification, also why is iPhone screen so cheap 6k and Samsung screen so expensive.
am getting a good deal on ebay
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by tonardo(m): 5:38pm On May 25, 2013
kolajoo: am getting a good deal on ebay
Good one, you have start ordering.. and i didnt see you again?
incase you decide to sell it am interested,.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by haibe(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2013
that's not the real screen, Samsung galaxy s3 uses a corning gorilla glass, its the outer screen that broke dont let anyone cheat you, its the same with iphones, a crack doesn't affect the real screen but the cornning gorilla glass.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by anochuks08(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2013
haibe: that's not the real screen, Samsung galaxy s3 uses a corning gorilla glass, its the outer screen that broke dont let anyone cheat you, its the same with iphones, a crack doesn't affect the real screen but the cornning gorilla glass.
Have you replaced one before? The galaxy SIII screen is built in such a way that the screen is glued to the digitizer. Almost impossible to separate without damaging the main screen. Most of the sellers on ebay selling only the digitizer are aware of this but are just keen on making a few bucks. My candid advise is that the op should get the complete screen and digitizer assembly to avoid much troubles.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 27, 2013
Na wa oh. Is that how fragile this SG3 is? I've never had this problem but I guess I now have to be more cautious. Meanwhile, for those of you that are in this predicament, from what height did the phone fall, or how forceful was the impact?
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 10:06am On May 28, 2013
tonardo:
Good one, you have start ordering.. and i didnt see you again?
incase you decide to sell it am interested,.
I find a deal with £24.99 on ebay with the digitizer and I had ordered it. It will be deliver today in UK and a brother will get it send to me asap. Can you fix it for me and am sorry I couldn't make it to your place bro. Will give you a call
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 10:10am On May 28, 2013
haibe: that's not the real screen, Samsung galaxy s3 uses a corning gorilla glass, its the outer screen that broke dont let anyone cheat you, its the same with iphones, a crack doesn't affect the real screen but the cornning gorilla glass.
check this out and that's what I ordered

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by turawafett(f): 9:47am On May 30, 2013
kolajoo: check this out and that's what I ordered

that is not the whole screen, but its very technical to change just the that, because its involves heating just the ipad and iphones and if you are not careful you may loss the screen itself, so i will advised you give it to a professional to change.
Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by kolajoo(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2013
turawafett:

that is not the whole screen, but its very technical to change just the that, because its involves heating just the ipad and iphones and if you are not careful you may loss the screen itself, so i will advised you give it to a professional to change.
I was at Ikeja yesterday and the engineer I met said the same thing. I will order the full kit. Thanks for your advice

Re: My Galaxy 3 Screen Crack by basisop(m): 5:58am On Jun 09, 2013
Mine dropped too and cracked badly. The screen turned deep blue. I was told to bring N45k in PH to fix it. I tried other places same price. I have long dumped the phone. I just got an F7 and I'm enjoying it. I can't even sell my S3 because I got that phone for 90K. It pains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Reasons I Choose The Camon CX Over Infinix S2 / Airtel 20gb For 200naira Is Back And It Downloading Heavy Files On Opera Mini / Glo reduces Call Rates On G-BAM Plan.18k/sec to All Networks, free 5mb daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.