Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent (5018 Views)

Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? / Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders / Reflection/homily: Third (3rd) Sunday Of Lent Year C (march 3 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Jilo83(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tday wednesday 13th feb., 2013 is ASH-WEDNESDAY marking d beginning of 2013 Lent season i.e d beginning of 40days xtian fasting program. After lent is palm sunday(triumphant entry of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem b4 His crucifixion and resurrection on EASTER. will u take part in d 40days fasting programme(LENT)?
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2013
thks. moderators front page pls
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by AbuHanifa: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
Really? Which one did redeemers start last week?

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Jilo83(m): 1:19am On Feb 13, 2013
toba: thks. moderators front page pls
valentine is 2mao n u want dis kind of trend 2 see front page.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by SamConquer(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2013
WHY ASKING WETHER WE WILL TAKE PART.??WHEN HAVE IT BECOME OPTIONAL?

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by SamConquer(m): 9:14am On Feb 13, 2013
Jilo83: valentine is 2mao n u want dis kind of trend 2 see front page.
.B'A'BOON...LOOK WHAT VALENTINE HAVE DONE 2 U..mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by hurricaneChris: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2013
The ash on our foreheads reminds us that we are made of ash, and to that same ash we shall return one day.

Dominus vobiscum

3 Likes

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Valiantvaliant(m): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2013
O.k
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by tonmandy(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=Jilo83] valentine is 2mao n u want dis kind of trend 2 see front page.
U RE AN E.DIOT. MAY DEVIL SEE U IN HELL.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by ukemilia(f): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2013
Today mark d beginning of lent,ashes we come and ashes we will go back.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by offshoreking: 9:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Sure, i already start my own here. May the good Lord give me the strength to carry on the work throughout the lent period and after till the end. God is great and also very sweet working with the almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Tpharell: 9:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Ash Wednesday marks the start of the season of lent in the Christian world. It is a season of penance, reflection, and 40 days of prayer and fasting which prepares Christians for Christ's resurrection on Easter Sunday.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by visionbiafra: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2013
I love this day. I love you Jesus!
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by fittty(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Dust we are and dust we shall return. Lord please help me to be mindful of my conversations d things i do, eat and d ppl i relate to dis lenten period. Amen!

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2013
The theme of lent is prayer fasting and abstinence. You should think of that thing you love doing the most and abstain from it. Achohol, sex, tv, watching soccer or playing music........
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by ceciliaudoh: 9:23am On Feb 13, 2013
May God give us d zeal 2 carryout dis fasting sucessfuly.remember ur loved ones and pray 4 ur enemies 4 repentant.hapi ash wednesday
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by pyyxxaro: 9:27am On Feb 13, 2013
WHO IS THE NEW POPE ?
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Tpharell: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2013
All over the world today Catholics would have their foreheads marked with ashes to humble their heart and as a reminder that life passes away on earth. We remember this when we are told
"Remember, man is dust, and unto dust you shall return"
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Tpharell: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2013
So when you see Catholics with ash on their foreheads today you understand why.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by MumZ(f): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2013
I'm lokn 4wrd 2 d end of lent, holiday tinz. Nways, hapy lent seasn 2 all xtian faithfuls, especially 2 d catholics( dey r d main participants), may Almighty God accept all ur prayers n penance.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Tpharell: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2013
"Remember, man is dust, and unto dust you shall return"
That's why.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by vanstanzy(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2013
There are Morning masses, Afternoon masses and Evening masses. Pls Catholics and other interested denominations should avail themselves this rear opportunity to receive ash on your foreheads'. This is to remind man that "from dust u came, and to dust u shall return one day" and also in readiness for the 40days fasting and prayer to come. Lets get purified to obtain mercy and present our intentions to the Lord God Almighty.
I haven't received ash, due to work this morning, but will receive it during evening mass. Have u received yours'?

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Desdola(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2013
Time to abstain from some immoral acts
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by SlyIg(f): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2013
Ami ndi ntong!

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2013
SlyIg: Ami ndi ntong!
Afo ado Catholic ?
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by member5: 10:15am On Feb 13, 2013
[size=14pt]Peeps screaming should read books.

You should study the history of Christianity and Catholicism.

Only Jehovah knows who worships him wholeheartedly.

Say no to Idolatory and Gullibility

#GENGHIS KHAN
[/size]
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by dmcdad: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2013
hurricaneChris: The ash on our foreheads reminds us that we are made of ash, and to that same ash we shall return one day.

Dominus vobiscum
Et cúm spirit tu tuo
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2013
I know before oo
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 13, 2013
So putting Ash on your forehead,as a mark of remembrance to u is idolatory.Come off it man,see the beauty of God.Like u have rightly it is only Jehovah that truly knows the people worshipping him.Then u have already pronounced judgement on us.
بوكو حرام: [size=14pt]Peeps screaming should read books.

#GENGHIS KHAN
[/size]
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Rooneyboy(m): 11:01am On Feb 13, 2013
Jilo83: Tday wednesday 13th feb., 2013 is ASH-WEDNESDAY marking d beginning of 2013 Lent season i.e d beginning of 40days xtian fasting program. After lent is palm sunday(triumphant entry of Jesus Christ to Jerusalem b4 His crucifixion and resurrection on EASTER. will u take part in d 40days fasting programme(LENT)?

Sure, I'm going to take this year's own very seriously, didn't observe last year's own as much as I would have loved to.

1 Like

Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Rooneyboy(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2013
بوكو حرام: [size=14pt]Peeps screaming should read books.

#GENGHIS KHAN
[/size]

U are obviously an ignorant fellow.
Re: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent by Welder(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2013
Tis Well

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happens To Unfruitful Branches? - Paul Ellis / 10 Best New Whatsapp Facebook Status For Eid Adha 2015 / Speaking In Tongues : Xenoglossia Or Glossolalia ? Please You Need To Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.