Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (17409 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? / Keshi: Eagles No Longer The Giants Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by sexyglow(f): 8:11am On Feb 13, 2013
At a special reception held in honour of the Super Eagles at the Banquet Hall, State House Abuja on Tuesday evening, President Goodluck Jonathan doled out millions of naira, plots of land in Abuja and national awards on the players and officials of the team for lifting the Africa Cup of Nations.
Stephen Keshi was conferred with the National Honour of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) and a cash reward of N10 million; his assistants, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorunmu received N2 million cash award each and bestowed with the award of the Officer of the Order of the Niger.
Retiring Captain, Joseph Yobo was conferred with Officer of the Order of the Niger while the rest of the squad were conferred with the award of the Member of the Order of the Niger and N5 million cash reward each. In addition to the cash award, the players and officials are also to get a plot of land each in Abuja.
The players and officials were decorated with the national honours by Jonathan shortly after he announced the largesse.

Not done with the cash rain, billionaire business moguls and former bank execs., Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia donated half a million dollars each to the Super Eagles, while Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote splashed N5 million on each player and technical crew of the Super Eagles.

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by TimePiece(f): 8:41am On Feb 13, 2013
Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.

7 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Guddy(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2013
Reaping the fruits of their labour and perseverance
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Blackteeth(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2013
Our politicians are telling us the masses that for us to take a bite of the national cake, we must strive to achieve something while they themselves have free access to the cake without achieving anything.
If this is the only way they masses can bite the national cake then I think you guys complaining in the politics section should drop your Nairaland laptops and get out to achieve something.

8 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Igwe9(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, they deserve it and even more, after all, if it didn't go to them, would it come to me? NO. Onye gba ball olacha oroma, meaning; na who wey play football they leak glucose.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Kx: 9:33am On Feb 13, 2013
Not trying to derail the thread
Seems Mrs GEJ came back to the country without funfair.
How come we never knew she has "allived" arrived?

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by SparkleanEdge: 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
Well deserved!!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Asis(m): 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
Well deserved
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Igwe9(m): 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.
Bragging right! grin grin grin
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jeron1(m): 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
See dem now Ooº°˚.... Well, dos abokis go dey vex now. Soon dem go say na cos na igbos dats why gej give dem money like this...apart from dangote from north, abeg count who give dem money again... All na southerners...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by oluMyderz(m): 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
Chai Money dey diz country o. If dey con win world cup nko?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Ceeezar(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the appreciation. I pray the ownership of the lands are not reverted after President Jonathan's dsipensation.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by RajiBabatunde(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Una Dey Reap D Fruit Of Ya Labour...Dancing Alingo 4 Making D First Page 4 D First Time...

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by ojmaroni247(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2013
Up eagles but I tink its vincent Iyama,dat deserves dat award not yobo....all desame congrats eagles.

2 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by bjjbam: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2013
Good for them!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Qrisful: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.

The Economic worth is making you proud as a Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Ejine(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2013
O banyela nke apari ya.
Plots of land in Abuja? Nah, that one's just stupiid IMHO.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by shevon: 9:37am On Feb 13, 2013
Darling, not everything is about economic importance. National pride and honor sometimes calls for a nation to give recognition to some of its citizens. Besides, they won over N235m ($1.5m) alongside pride for the country.
They deserve it, if not for anything at least they have done something to bring good cheer to some (if not all) Nigerians, regardless of their socio-economic background and religious beliefs. smiley

11 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 9:37am On Feb 13, 2013
Football money.....blood money

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by suxes2005(m): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2013
Front page?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Kx: Not trying to derail the thread
Seems Mrs GEJ came back to the country without funfair.
How come we never knew she has "allived" arrived?
seriously Mrs GEJ did tummy tuck.

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by CHRISKY: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2013
So much money!! Bt y did he giv assistance coach jst 2M while coach received 10M an each player 5M, is he nt bin partial

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Desdola(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Its a nice gesture from d president, but d assistant coaches also received 5m not 2million

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Look at my special DAME... I love her swags... I love dat madam jor
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by playahP(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2013
This incentive is way too much!
Why not use it to develope grass root football?... If the grass-root football is developed, then winning the afcon and even world cup would be possible....
They did their job for Nigeria very well!! They should be rewarded but what about the paralympians?? Didn't they win gold for us... Were they celebrated and rewarded this much??
What did they give to the paralympians??... Are they not human beings too?
Fairness and equity; that's not showing here.

These fund they are wasting should be used to develope grass-root football.. So we can discover month mikel, more okocha, kanu, another amokachi and many more!!

Haba!

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by CHRISKY: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2013
oluMyderz: Chai Money dey diz country o. If dey con win world cup nko?
B4 nkor z a kin of motivation 4 dem 2 qualify 4 wrld cup... Dey deserve it.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by ItsUncleDee(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2013
Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by ffo(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2013
i like the aspect of the national award, Keshi has the same award with very few Governors, while Yobo is on the same level with many governors in Nigeria
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Symphony007: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2013
Why did'nt they dash them wives too? Rubbish! Everybody is so high on this "nations cup" euphoria that you don't realise how wastefull the government is getting. This money is now part of the pile they've already gotten from people like adenuga and dangote..a nations cup will not solve a single problem in the country o!! But thos money wasted would have gone a long way!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by ogoplus: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2013

Same question my wife has been asking?

But the truth is that there numerous intangible benefits that winning the trophy accrues to us as a nation.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by OluEmmaAss: 9:55am On Feb 13, 2013
Well deserved!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Eleponblue(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2013
cocospice:
seriously Mrs GEJ did tummy tuck.

How does this concern you? As if she really cares about you!LOSER!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores For Napoli On Return From Head Injury / AS Monaco Set To Sack Thierry Henry After Three Months In Charge / "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.