Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians (768 Views)

Web Developers Needed / For Web Designers And Web Developers Only! / Nigerian Web Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by tundewoods(m): 12:57am On Mar 13, 2008
It's obvious that there is a brewing romance between some web developers and Digital Nigerian Politicians.Web design contracts are now easy ways of siphoning government money via over priced web contracts with little or nothing done on the actual website.

cry
Re: The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by my2cents(m): 10:32am On Mar 13, 2008
Tunde, you just had to start this thread right? You sabi say EFCC dey read things for this forum abi? cool

Example 1:
http://www.akwaibomstategov.com/

Contract cost? Millions (I know how much but please respect my reservations to mentioning it on here tongue).

What was supposed to be done:
Complete redesign.

What was actually done: Just the home page.

Issues: Site only looks good in IE, broken links, broken Images, TMI (Too Much Information) on the home page, site is rarely up-to-date, to mention but a few.

Imagine!:
The person who did the site now owns a pavilion-renting business.
Re: The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by Afam(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2008
tundewoods:

It's obvious that there is a brewing romance between some web developers and Digital Nigerian Politicians.Web design contracts are now easy ways of siphoning government money via over priced web contracts with little or nothing done on the actual website.

cry

So, what gave?

I remember when you told some web developers that they were hungry and may not have encountered life changing contracts.

Now, it seems that some are now encountering them and it is an issue.

NB: Every job paid for should be completed no doubt about that. SO, I am not defending anyone that collects money and disappears.
Re: The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by tundewoods(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2008
Afam:

So, what gave?

I remember when you told some web developers that they were hungry and may not have encountered life changing contracts.

Now, it seems that some are now encountering them and it is an issue.

Thank you for having a very good memory and referring to that.
Let me put it to you this way,the topic of this thread should atleast give you pre-insight to the actual point of focus.

Now when i use the word romance between web designer /developer or what ever and politicians,this is the link that you are missing. Most of the over inflated web contracts are certainly not induced or gotten by web related folks like you and i.These contracts are collected by people politicians or their family ties that have the slightest idea about what even a web page looks like.

They get these jobs for ridiculous amount running into 5 million above then in turn start shopping around for cheap ass web designers that can cook up atleast a wack home page to show for their 5 million naira contract.

Now where the romance begins is where they find the cheap ass web developer that sells his birthright for a meal of porttage like Esau.

No hard feelings,Their are life changing web contracts that can be gotten from State or Federal Governments,but certainly not being a sub contracted project with a contract release fee of say N10 Million and some greedy pot bellied politician coming to sub contract it to me for N500,000.
Re: The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by Afam(m): 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2008
No wahala, points noted. I just felt I should remind you of your comments a while ago and I am glad you responded to the issues raised.
Re: The Emerging Romance Between Web Developers & Nigerian Politicians by smartsoft(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2008
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei !

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market / Have U All Seen The Reloaded Charlyboy's Site? Http://www.charlyboy.com What Do / How To Run Asp Codes In Windows Vista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.