Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead (14180 Views)

Woman Sued Police For Shooting Her Dog 15 Times / What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Symphony007: 11:41am On Feb 14, 2013
Nothing says "i love you" on valentines day than four gun shots and a early grave!! Tragic!!!

1 Like

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by ReLaTE(m): 11:42am On Feb 14, 2013
May be d lady was having an affair due to d guys physical condition and dnt forget that people wt disabilities are mostly high tempered.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by vanstanzy(m): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné:

He does have arms. Na leg where im get the deformity.

I know, i was just joking. cheesy cheesy
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 14, 2013
@dare2think,

I am with you on this one.
To borrow a phrase from Snoop Lion, "murder was the case".

I will put my head on the chopping block here, by suggesting GF had probably dropped hints that she was about to foreclose on the 2-month relationship, right on the cusp of V-day.
What a tragic end to such a promising life.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2013
dare2think: Wait a Minute!!

Did he shoot in the dark?

Did she break in? most Gf have spare keys?

What precipitated him to fire FOUR times without knowing for sure that he is shooting a burglar?

You hear a sound when asleep, you wake up, pick up a gun, and fire at the 'stranger' four times

He was not firing into space, he aimed at the figure and fired, so he could not deduce the shape of his gf??

This is not an accident, this is a murder!
South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world so,don't blame the agressiveness of gun owners.This incident happened around 3am in the night but anyways,let the police do their job before concluding on anything.

2 Likes

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

What's to say this was not premeditated murder executed with a convenient alibi?
undecided
undecided
Well, d ibos will say 'adighi a ma ama'.... You can't tell! D world is evil.
Make dem quiz am well... But there are other methods of killing her without drawing attention to yourself...
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by victorazy(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2013
Ejiné: Noooo!!! I used to (and still do) have a lot of respect for this man, and was so grateful he was a source of inspiration for the physically unfortunate among us.

Why!!?

The lady must have used the physical condition of the guy to insult him, u know some women na!
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 14, 2013
I wouldnt care more, South Africans are animals.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by dominique(f): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2013
Did he have to shoot in the direction of the intruder? He could have fired a couple of warning shots to scare off the 'burgler' instead he fired point blank at someone who may or may not be armed. He should be tried for a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter. Weather he goes to jail or not, this could spell the end of his career.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by dare2think: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
~Bluetooth:

South Africa has one of the highest crime rates in the world so,don't blame the agressiveness of gun owners.This incident happened around 3am in the night but anyways,let the police do their job before concluding on anything.

That does not excuse negligence on his part even if we are to assume this was a mistake. I am just reviewing all the possibilities and relationship homicides are very common. In most cases, the killers often downplay their murders as accidents. This particular scenario is all too familiar and suspect.

To shoot 4 times seem as a personal motive to me.

Forgive my cynicism! too many crime dramas in my head!

1 Like

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
tchidi:
undecided
undecided
Well, d ibos will say 'adighi a ma ama'.... You can't tell! D world is evil.
Make dem quiz am well... But there are other methods of killing her without drawing attention to yourself...

But he's already been charged with murder it seems.

Anyway, here is some other background information...

The Star reported in November last year that charges of defamation were laid against Pistorius after he allegedly had a fight with a man his girlfriend began dating.

The incident allegedly happened after Pistorius returned from the London Olympic Games.

Enraged by jealousy, he allegedly threatened to break the legs of the other man involved. A charge of defamation was laid against him.
http://www.iol.co.za/

Note: Post amended in the interest of clarity (see below)

Pistorius was first seen with Miss Steenkamp at an awards ceremony in South Africa last November. At the time, the FHM model said the pair were 'just friends'.

But when it became clear that Pistorius and Steenkamp were in fact dating, the sportsman's then ex Samantha Taylor said: 'Oscar has such a way with women. She’s probably not the only one he’s got.”
Winner: Oscar Pistorius celebrates with his gold medal following the men's 400m win at London 2012

Winner: Oscar Pistorius celebrates with his gold medal following the men's 400m win at London 2012

Miss Taylor went on to tell South Africa's City Press newspaper that 'Oscar is certainly not what people think he is.'

The 26-year-old sportsman has a history of risk taking and also, reportedly, of violence.

In November last year, he reportedly 'threatened to break the legs' of the friend of a man whom he believed had slept with his then girlfriend, who is not Miss Steenkamp
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278492/Oscar-Pistorius-charged-murder-accidentally-shot-dead-Reeva-Steenkamp.html
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by dare2think: 12:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
If the above is true, this dude killed that woman intentionally!

The 'intruder' excuse is to cause reasonable doubt. Why else would he be charged so fast? The prosecutor is dead certain of his intent.

I need to stop watching law and order!

1 Like

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by AIYELE(m): 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Gbamm!dare2think u are correct u need to dey work for FBI.

What precipitated him to fire FOUR times without knowing for sure that he is shooting a burglar?

You hear a sound when asleep, you wake up, pick up a gun, and fire at the 'stranger' four times

He was not firing into space, he aimed at the figure and fired, so he could not deduce the shape of his gf??

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by snthesis(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
why is d babe comin to his house by 3am in d morning

1 Like

Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

But he's already been charged with murder it seems.

Tori don worwor!! shocked shocked
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by phreakabit(m): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sad event!
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by honeypie143: 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
vanstanzy:

What do u mean, typical South African? The South Africans will deal with u o. Just like am battling some SA raggamophines on another thread. grin grin grin

Abeg where make we fire dem 2geda
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Self-fulfilling prophesy or a preconditioned disposition?
I know boundaries are often pushed in the world of marketing, but I simply can't help thinking this type branding lends itself to a foreboding mindset.

http://www.oscarpistorius.com/index.php?start=12

Anyone care to recall this guy's unsporting behaviour at the Olympics?
Nah, this does not read like an accident.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by metti(m): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
amiskurie: GOSH!
Pistorious fall ma hand...d dude f)(k me up mehn.
Hw cld he?...he shld have remembered millions of pple look up to him.now am thinking he's just a typical south-african.
Haba!!! Allow investigation to be concluded na!!!
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by SELFWORTH: 1:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Who is their right mind would be wandering around SA at 3am in the morning?

I hope he wasn't on drugs and hallucinating when he shot her. It's easy to make this kind of mistake when your mind is not steady.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by ochukoccna: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2013

I believe you nailed it with how you broke it down here
If he fired 1 or 2 shots at the 'burglar',one can understand
But to fire 4 shots, without the 'burglar' firing back?
Well, make we leave the police to investigate
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Yolobazz(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: check www.whereheseegun.com

Na .org jare..guy check am well..I tire for some kind ??'s sha..smh
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by great063(m): 2:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
andyanders: I was confused as to his action and his state of health when I heard that news on CNN this morning.
With his state of health, must he try to kill a woman he has been dating? What kind or a robber must he mistook her to be?

Sometimes I wonder about how God created us the manner we are from birth because if this guy could kill with his own state of health, then his state of health must have been predestined as if he had came to this world as a complete normal human being, he would have turned out a serial killer.
Go get your head checked Mr.Blunders.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by batstan(m): 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Kx: Truly, South Africa na obodo oyibo.
To think that a man who committed an act of "manslaughter" barely this morning-3.00AM is already being tried in court
today is incredible.
Can this speedy commencement of judicial procedure ever happen in Nigeria?
KAPITAL NO It will never happen
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Maxymilliano(m): 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why do people keep guns in their homes? I guess it's easy for me to say but I think you're much safer WITHOUT a gun. It means you won't shoot anyone - intentionally or accidentally... ­.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by andrewza: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Maxymilliano: Why do people keep guns in their homes? I guess it's easy for me to say but I think you're much safer WITHOUT a gun. It means you won't shoot anyone - intentionally or accidentally... ­.

It better t stand befor a good man than be caarried by good men.
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by vanstanzy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
honeypie143:

Abeg where make we fire dem 2geda

This is the link to our battle ground: https://www.nairaland.com/1195422/nigerian-journalists-brutalised-south-african
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
Maxymilliano: Why do people keep guns in their homes? I guess it's easy for me to say but I think you're much safer WITHOUT a gun. It means you won't shoot anyone - intentionally or accidentally... ­.
visit SA, then u ll understand better why people keep guns in there home..
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by creativemusic: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead by supaeagles(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
Heard it all started as an argument. She told him, 'you and this your short stub-legs no fit even catch me' as she walked away..... he did not have his blades on and so in humiliated (and passionate, stupid & merciless) rage shot her up.......Rest in Peace lady.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policeman Quits After Obama Assassination Comments / Who's Greater - Mugabe (Who Took His Peoples Land Back) Or Mandela (Who Didn't) / Obama's Half Brother Runs For Election In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.