Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies (6383 Views)

Godswill Akpabio Boards Helicopter For Thanksgiving Service In Abia State(pics) / Boko Haram Bomb Helicopter For Girei,adamawa / Osun Governor Acquires Helicopter For Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by PaulJohn1: 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
As part of its determination to make Osun inhospitable to criminals, the state government has acquired a helicopter to beef up its Swift Anti-Robbery Squad (SAS) in the aspect of aerial surveillance.
The helicopter, a French Five-Plus-One passenger Eurocopter AS-355N, is a 2006 Model with twin engines.
A statement by the Director, Bureau of Communications and Strategy in the Office of the Governor, Semiu Okanlawon, explained that the latest security acquisition, under a Lease agreement with OAS Helicopters, Lagos, compliments the state’s investments on adequate protection of lives and properties of the citizenry.

Last year August, the state government launched the Swift Action Squad outfit with five Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC) and 25 patrol vans. It has since acquired another set of 100 patrol vans to ensure that all nooks and crannies of the state are covered.
The helicopter is also to provide emergency services for the Osun Emergency Management Agency and the O-Ambulance in cases of medical emergencies and other forms of evacuations.

At the launch of the SAS in August last year, the Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, promised that the government was working hard to ensure aerial surveillance which would make it impossible criminals to escape out of the state the moment any crime is committed.
The Governor had explained then that once the state is well-secured from the activities of bandits, the state would become attractive to investors, thereby catalyzing rapid growth of the economy.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/120340-security-osun-acquires-helicopter-for-aerial-surveillance-emergencies.html

6 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by GARRIx7(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
Great!!!

But I hope the lease agreement isn't too expensive ooo!!!
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by seanet01: 10:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Great!!!

ACQUIRED not leased.
Anyway Good inquiry.
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
are you fvcking kidding me? just 1 lipsrsealed
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by skyfall: 11:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nice one, dear O-Governor. Thanks for acquiring the O-licopter.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by DuduNegro: 7:22am On Feb 15, 2013
I like the idea and kudos to the governor. grin We have to start somewhere and ride the learning curve until we master the art.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by seunfly: 7:57am On Feb 15, 2013
sheyie2007: are you fvcking kidding me? just 1 lipsrsealed
How many did you think police at federal have? Let alone state, all what they care about is chop money, buy official private jet and lie all about.
If they are commited, they can buy 1 per administration.
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by londoner: 8:06am On Feb 15, 2013
Now thats what you call intelligent and forward thinking purchasing by government.....kudos gov of Osun state.
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 15, 2013
I hope this stuff would be used for the citizens not by some over weight Bastard using it for his//her self satisfaction
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Jakumo(m): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2013
liberty300: I hope this stuff would be used for the citizens not by some over weight Bastard using it for his//her self satisfaction

Are you implying that only those who can produce authentic pedigree papers should be allowed to get fat and use government helicopters when they need to summon more hookers ?

One must be careful not to offend overweight embezzlers of public funds, for they are professionals in their own right, just like lawyers, pick-pockets, miracle pastors and undertakers.

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Goldenheart(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
hmmm
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by OkparaIgbo: 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
I have said it numerous times that if we can get into this system of aerial surveillance coupled with land operations, it would be the easiest of job to snuff out life from these criminals and kidnappers. Way to go Gov, I hope your colleagues learn

2 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good one bro,we are getting there. Nice move.

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Great!!!

my though exactly.
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by obicentlis: 12:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
Great one!
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by geeez: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Rubbish! Nonsense Yoruba people. Come to Rivers and Akwa Ibom states and see the state of the art jets that our governors have bought. Lest I forget, each of those jets can buy ten of this
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
These are not necessary

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by emandman: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
Jakumo:

Are you implying that only those who can produce authentic pedigree papers should be allowed to get fat and use government helicopters when they need to summon more hookers ?

One must be careful not to offend overweight embezzlers of public funds, for they are professionals in their own right, just like lawyers, pick-pockets, miracle pastors and undertakers.

what's the relationship btw wot u just said and d liberty300 post u qouted now.
I cnt gt d correllation...
liberty300: I hope this stuff would be used for the citizens not by some over weight Bastard using it for his//her self satisfaction

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by emandman: 12:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
mikeyhernadez: These are not necessary
sure because e go spoil business...lolz

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
mikeyhernadez: These are not necessary
then u must be an enemy of the people. How can justify your point above? Another product of reverse reasoning(reasoning from the anus). Akpamu,pls learn to cherish good thing if really you are human. No offence o,just an advice

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by taharqa: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
This is really good thinking by d Osun State Govt. Hope sm oda Govs wud learn.... But I hv a questn: hw come wheneva state Govts in Osun, Ogun, Ekiti, Lagos, Oyo (but Never, Ondo) just about as coughs and smone opens a thread about ANY tin they are said to hv done, regardless of the extent, it finds itself to d FP almost EVERY SINGLE TIMES?? Are these the only 5 states in dis country Or are we to bliv that d oda 31 or so odd states dont do anything? And smone wud tell me that there are not sm Mods rep sm political interests on dis forum!!..... Once again, good one Aregbe..

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by ConcernMan: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
I hope this will get to the end users(the citizenry) and not a ploy to acquire a helicopter for private use of the bourgeois within the government circle. I'm sorry for sounding so cynical( I don't trust any government in Nigeria), but I think this is an avenue by government to acquire a private chopper without reprimand from the people who will condemn them for embarking on such elephant project.Judging from what I read I expected the helicopter to have the traditional Nigerian Police colour or inscription indicating the objective embedded in this article

2 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by tefund(m): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by jigawatts(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
geeez: Rubbish! Nonsense Yoruba people. Come to Rivers and Akwa Ibom states and see the state of the art jets that our governors have bought. Lest I forget, each of those jets can buy ten of this

Bros, IF it is meant for surveillance, Nobody needs jet to do that, A helicopter can hover and monitor current occurences, So tell ur extravagant governors to take a cue. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by zangality(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
geeez: Rubbish! Nonsense Yoruba people. Come to Rivers and Akwa Ibom states and see the state of the art jets that our governors have bought. Lest I forget, each of those jets can buy ten of this
Somebody should help this eediot...

3 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Gbawe: 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good development. My main concern is that this sole Helicopter may be overworked.

The helicopter is also to provide emergency services for the Osun Emergency Management Agency and the O-Ambulance in cases of medical emergencies and other forms of evacuations.

Anyway, still a good and commendable Start and hopefully more helicopters will subsequently be added so that several Helicopters are available for specific duties rather than one doing everything.

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Gbawe: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
jigawatts:

Bros, IF it is meant for surveillance, Nobody needs jet to do that, A helicopter can hover and monitor current occurences, So tell ur extravagant governors to take a cue. smiley

zangality: Somebody should help this eediot...

Sarcasm from Geeez.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
SOON WE WILL HEAR THAT IT IS BEING USED TO TRANSPORT GOATS AND YAMS.

FCK IT WHO WATCHED THE THUNDER V MIAMI HEAT GAME LAST NIGHT?

1 Like

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Geez, u gotta stop being sarcastic all d time, you misleading folks and provocating some others to hateful replies. Let's make peace with everybody, thanks.
Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by naptu2: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Helicopter procured by the Lagos State Security Trust Fund (circa 2009).

2 Likes

Re: Osun Acquires Helicopter For Aerial Surveillance, Emergencies by godsboy4eva: 1:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good move so far it was not acquired in order to help with campaign logistics.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Aridolf Hotel Owned By Patience Jonathan In Bayelsa / NNPC Signs $1.04 Billion Facility Loan With AFREXIM / Ambode Endorses 4-year Term For LG Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.