Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Pains Of Episiotomy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Pains Of Episiotomy (3266 Views)

The Pains Of Being A Mother: The Journey Of Ivf/fertility Treatment / The Pains Of Lies (ebola Virus And Nano Silver Debate) / Waist Pains Early In The Morning After Getting Up From Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pains Of Episiotomy by baybiemee: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
I was wondering if you can have an Episiotomy twice? Or is it easier the second time round, and an Episiotomy will not be needed?
Am asking because i had my son 13 months ago and i had an Episiotomy, i passed through alot, it even had to be repaired at some point. Sex was not funny for a long time.
my mum has us all four without a single Episiotomy.
thanks already,,,
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by agohavivi(f): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
It's possible to suffer this twice or more. The best way to avoid this is to take instructions from the birth attendant during delivery.
I suffered this during my first delivery but was careful during the second and thus, it didn't re-occur. Once the baby's head is out from the birth canal, a woman ought to stop pushing and wait for the birth attendant to adjust/turn the baby's head to a sideways facing position instead of the original downward facing position so that the shoulders don't have to tear the vulva in order to create more room for the baby's exit. During my second delivery, as soon as the nurses on duty told me my baby's head was out, I stopped pushing and told them to adjust the baby so that history dosent repeat itself. I resumed pushing after that and had an epistiotomy free delivery. Experience is the best teacher they say.

1 Like

Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by baybiemee: 2:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
wow!! Thanks so much for sharing this, i have learnt so much,,, i shall be guided next time.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by dominique(f): 2:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
I agree, its a horrible experience. I'm nursing one right now myself (mostly due to not taking the nurses instructions embarassed). Its unlikely you get another tear in your next delivery but brace yourself for a possible reoccurence.

@Agohavivi
Which one be arrow again
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by baybiemee: 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
mine was a case of improper handling, d nurse tore me after d first push, and she didnt even tell me d rite time to push, my baby came out after the second push, wen d doc guided me.
It was terrible, i cldnt even sit properly, to wee or poo was so scary. Whew!!!
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by dominique(f): 4:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
Whoa shocked, that must have been one hell of a tear ndo/pele/sanu. In my own case, I pushed against instruction almost killing the baby in process embarassed. heard the first weewee after the procedure was very painful but I felt nothing of sort. Almost 2 weeks gone, the stitches are. out, the wound is almost healed (Thank God). I've heard women experiencing it with everyone of their childred sheeh lipsrsealed
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by agohavivi(f): 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
dominique: I agree, its a horrible experience. I'm nursing one right now myself (mostly due to not taking the nurses instructions embarassed). Its unlikely you get another tear in your next delivery but brace yourself for a possible reoccurence.

@Agohavivi
Which one be arrow again
I forgot that this forum is self editing. Especially with words that have to do with private parts. I actually typed the word vulver with "a" instead of "er". I'm as surprised as you are to see the word arrow. Besides congrats on the birth of your baby. Didn't know you were expecting.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by k4kenny(f): 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
Wow, episiotomy no be small thing Oº°˚˚˚°º, mine is almost 5wks old and I still feel d pain anytym I apply pressure. Mine was done even before the baby came out as a form of precaution (d hospital sef too dey like tear pesin, av heard stories.....). Don't know why since my baby was soo small( 2.7kg) I didn't even feel d scalpel as it was slicin M̶̲̅ε̲̣, was too hyped from d pushing, afterwards when d hormones has worn off, d pain was so unbearable that I couldn't even sleep.

I just hope with my next (if there's a next) d nurses would let nature take its course and let d baby come out without havin to tear tins.

Btw heard sum episiotomy wound tk as long as 3mnths to completely heal. Don't think DH wud want to hear dat one o
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by baybiemee: 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
haba, 2.7kg? U would hv bn able to deliver dat baby without a tear, i guess dey didnt want to take any chances. Mine wad 3.4kg, i knew i wld hv bn able to push him out, other first time mums had theirs without a tear. I just hope they knw hw lucky they were.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by dominique(f): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2013
My baby was also quite small (2.8kg). The doctor said it wouldn't have torn if I had kept to their instruction but the contractions were too severe
, I was literally pushing against my will. My cervix also got injured in the process embarassed
. All in all, I thank God sha.

agoha_vivi: I forgot that this forum is self editing. Especially with words that have to do with private parts. I actually typed the word vulver with "a" instead of "er". I'm as surprised as you are to see the word arrow. Besides congrats on the birth of your baby. Didn't know you were expecting.

Thanks dear, you would have known if you had visited the pregnancy thread wink
Na wa o, This our nl word filter na elele grin
couldn't even imagine what it could possibly be.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by k4kenny(f): 3:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
baybiemee: haba, 2.7kg? U would hv bn able to deliver dat baby without a tear, i guess dey didnt want to take any chances. Mine wad 3.4kg, i knew i wld hv bn able to push him out, other first time mums had theirs without a tear. I just hope they knw hw lucky they were.

Yes I knew I would have been able to deliver the baby without a tear, but the doctor had already made up his mind to do d episiotomy hours before I started pushing, heard him discussing with the nurses. All in all, as painful as it was, I would gladly take episiotomy over the horrible pain of cs recovery :x.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by k4kenny(f): 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2013
baybiemee: haba, 2.7kg? U would hv bn able to deliver dat baby without a tear, i guess dey didnt want to take any chances. Mine wad 3.4kg, i knew i wld hv bn able to push him out, other first time mums had theirs without a tear. I just hope they knw hw lucky they were.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by sweettweet: 3:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
I had episiotomy performed for my 2 pregnancies. The 1st was painful but the 2nd was almost painless and healed quite fast I couldnt believe it. i think it depends on the person performing the procedure. i also think 9ja hospitals perform the procedure even when there is no need for it cos my 2nd baby was 3.1kg as against the first which was 3.5kg and they still tore me.
the annoying thing is they wont even let u know b4 cutting.
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by PrettyCindy(f): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
Re: The Pains Of Episiotomy by PrettyCindy(f): 5:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
@sweetheart, if they tell you they want to cut you, you will be freaked out and wont let them.
My friend whose baby was 2.6kg had episiotomy. It wasnt the nurse that tore her oooo. The baby did. She said its because she was circumcised and i agree with her.
My baby weighed 4.0kg and mehhnnn did he tear me to pieces, up and down. I was given lots of stitches but everything healed up nicely exactly 2weekss later. The Doctor who performed the stitch used a mordern method with dissolvable "thread".
It was hell peeing and toiletting as i was always scared the stitch would loose.
Next time, i would prefer they give me a little cut than my baby tearing me.
Its not easy abeg. Plenty gbozas for we mothers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Sell Ionic / Colloidal Silver in Nigeria / Natural Remedies With RIDA HERBAL PRODUCTS / What Would Happen If All Drugs Were Legal, Everywhere?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.