Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... (2859 Views)

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka / Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. / 'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
1. Buhari’s overthrowing of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) in 1983 was to checkmate the possible angst against the ruling oligarchy who are of his ethnic stock and keep the rest of Nigeria in bondage

2. To prove that Buhari’s objective was to protect his Hausa/Fulani oligarchy to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, he dealt with politicians from his part of the country with “glove hands” and gave politicians of other regions “bare knuckles.” The following are examples:

a) He detained President Shehu Shagari in a guest House and remanded Dr. Alex Ekwueme, the Vice President in Kirikiri Maximum Prisons. Yet, they were both the leaders of the NPN led government that has just been overthrown. What offence could have Ekwueme committed that Shagari could not have done worse?

b) Buhari sent his goons to ransack the home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. This was aimed at insulting the sensibilities of the Yoruba Nation by disrespecting and embarrassing their Hero and Liberator from poverty and want. Chief Awolowo was not a member of the party in power that has just been overthrown, yet he had to be subjected to such unwarranted, politically and ethnically motivated vendetta. Pastor Bakare wanted us to believe that this was the handiwork of “fifth columnists” in Buhari’s regime. If this was so, what stopped Buhari from publicly apologizing to Chief Awolowo on behalf of himself and his regime, especially if Buhari’s intentions were clean?

c) He ordered Pa Adekunle Ajasin, former Governor of the old Ondo State to be retried two times when they could not find anything against him. This meant that the old man was tried three times unfairly. Buhari ordered Pa Ajasin to be detained regardless of the fact that the old man was squeaky clean. His unfair detention impaired the old man’s health and led to early death for him. When this Honorable man died, he has only one old bungalow that he built as a teacher and principal in Owo town, well before he became the governor, to his name.

d) He detained Professor Ambrose Ali of Bendel State in an inhuman condition to the point that the esteemed Professor became blind and died shortly after he was released. When the Professor died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

e) His detention of Chief Ayo Ojewumi led to the blindness of the man. Buhari refused to let the man receive medical treatment until he completely went blind. Chief Ojewumi died exactly 28 days after he was released from Buhari’s gulag.

f) Buhari refused to allow Chief Bisi Onabanjo, the governor of Ogun State to have access to medical treatment in detention. He treated the man as a criminal and shortened the life of the esteemed governor.

g) Chief Jim Nwobodo, Chief Bola Ige, Chief Lateef Jakande, Chief Sam Mbakwe and several other southern politicians were given unreasonable sentences ranging from 100 years to 250 years while Governor Awwal Ibrahim of Niger State who was caught in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds and several millions in dollars and Naira, was detained in guest house.

2. Buhari jailed Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, on trumped up charges, allegedly as an economic saboteur with the legal backing of the Miscellaneous Offences Decree No. 20 of 1984, for having less than 10,000 dollars in his possession on his way out of the country. The judge in the case later apologized and confessed that he was ordered to jail the famous Musician regardless of his innocence. The Buhari junta would later say publicly that it “decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all.”

3. Buhari instructed his ADC, Major Mustapha Jokolo to smuggle 53 suit cases, allegedly stuffed with foreign currency, through Murtala Mohammed Airport against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, who was then Acting Director General of the Customs and later became the Vice President. A case of all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

4. The change of color of the nation's currency notes (except the fifty kobo note) in April 1984, allegedly to stop currency trafficking. The exercise rendered almost half of the estimated N6 billion of had earned money of ordinary Nigerians, worthless at the expiration of the change.

5. Buhari enacted Public Officers (Protection Against False Accusation) Decree 4 of 1984 with which he jailed journalists Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing the truth. He said publicly that it did not matter if any of the journalists wrote the TRUTH, as long as he and his junta did not like it, the writers would go to jail. This casted Buhari as someone who never cares about the truth and a vindictive person.

6. He cancelled the METROLINE PROJECT that Governor Lateef Jakande embarked upon as a vendetta against the Yoruba people. He chose rather to pay a fine of $60 million rather than guarantee $100million needed for the completion of the project. Soon after, he procured several Airplanes for the Nigeria Airways costing several millions.

7. He put in place a retroactive law with which he murdered three innocent men: Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26), by public execution. Buhari did not allow them to go through the judicial system. He never respected the laws of the land. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Buhari left untouched an alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

8. Buhari is the first Nigerian to be involved in stolen fund to the tune of billions. $2.8billion dollars of our money disappeared from NNPC under Buhari, when he was the Minister of Petroleum. Pastor Bakare called this “poppycock.”

9. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority.

10. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

11. He is a coup plotter.

12. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.

13. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such not fit to lead the country. He was later to say publicly, on the tenth anniversary of Sani Abacha’s death that Sani Abacha never stole anything from Nigeria.

14. The Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission (HRVIC) headed by Honorable Justice Chukwudifu Oputa an eminent jurist, was insulted and disrespected by Buhari who refused to appear before it. His message to Nigerians is that he (Buhari) is above the law and could not be held accountable.

15. He made Nigerians to go through the agony of having to scavenge and scamper for what was described as “essential commodities” such as milk, sugar and other diary products, thus creating emergency wealth for those who were very connected with his government.

The above list of Buhari’s atrocities is not exhaustive by any means.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by nuclearboy(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Stop living in the past!
Mature people won't judge an adult based on the number of times he peed in his bed as a child!

If you have anything that is current, say it.

You people keep saying anyway, that he can never be president. If so sure, why are you all hyperventilating?
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
nuclearboy: Stop living in the past!
Mature people won't judge an adult based on the number of times he peed in his bed as a child!

You people keep saying anyway, that he can never be president. If so sure, why are you all hyperventilating?
Son, every man has his pasts, the reason you dig out the pasts of leaders-to-be is for you to know the person you are dealing with, if you are expecting anything new from Buhari, then you are nothing but a 'Clown'! cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by takedat(m): 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Recycled ramblings! grin
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Ejine(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
As usual, the slaves and asss-lickers of the North will avoid this thread like a plague, while the ones who do view the thread, will end up making futile meaningless one-liners, like the retarrd above me.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné: As usual, the slaves and asss-lickers of the North will avoid this thread like a plague, while the ones who do view the thread, will end up making futile meaningless one-liners, like the retarrd above me.
You got the true picture cool I have always maintained that if they (APC) like let them form Allied Forces more than the 'Five Lions of Voltron' my Jonathan will still slam them....I can't wait cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Ejine(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
nuclearboy: Stop living in the past!

Just look at the pathetic excuse you're making. Can you even hear yourself?

Dem don blow the lid up, summarizing this man's incompetence in one fatal post, and that's all you have to say?

I believe he was well above 40 when he assumed office; so a foool at 40 is a foool forever.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by takedat(m): 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
And why is the Assmonkey @Ejine referring to himself as a r.etard? Well, whatever lifts his luggage! Silly bigot!
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ejiné:

Just look at the pathetic excuse you're making. Can you even hear yourself?

Dem don blow the lid up, summarizing this man's incompetence in one fatal post, and that's all you have to say?

I believe he was well above 40 when he assumed office; so a foool at 40 is a foool forever.

The same clown was saying this on another thread I created, just to defend Buhari at all cost
nuclearboy: Yeah yea yea, Saul persecuted Jesus too, yet he later became the most "important" support for same Jesus!

and life continued! Just like now

...and here was my response;
tomakint: That was SAUL, this is BUHARI and if you are a good Bible student you will agree with me that SAUL went through real spiritual cleansing before he became the admired and refined PAUL who was preaching the gospel he had earlier fought to the Gentiles. Another Saul in the old testament went through some processes to become King and despite the fact that God never wanted him (Saul) to be King over the Israelites because of his antecedents, which he even revealed to the Israelites through Prophet Samuel, yet they stubbornly held on their views to have him at all cost......and you and I know the eventual repercussions of having a Saul as King on the future dispensations of the Israelites. Thank you cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by KnowAll(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Buhari instructed his ADC, Major Mustapha Jokolo to smuggle 53 suit cases, allegedly stuffed with foreign currency, through Murtala Mohammed Airport against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, who was then Acting Director General of the Customs and later became the Vice President.
8. Buhari is the first Nigerian to be involved in stolen fund to the tune of billions. $2.8billion dollars of our money disappeared from NNPC under Buhari, when he was the Minister of Petroleum. Pastor Bakare called this “poppycock.”

The piece written is unbalanced and biased. On one hand it puports that Buhari stole $2.8 billion dollars and yet even went ahead to confirm that Col. Jokolo brought in 53 suit-cases of foreign currencies, my little question for the fraudulent owner of this piece of failed shiiit, is that nobody with $2.8 billion would ever take a job working for his subordinate or junior(Abacha) especially if they have that kind of money.

The truth is General Buhari does not have that kind of money, that is why he took a job with d Abacha junta, if he had that kind of money he would use all his might to fight that regime knowing the actors and mentors of d regime where responsible for his own downfall, "the coup against his regime". This is a failed attempt to deform the character of the person of Buhari.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by enyice(m): 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
But i was compelled to call him St.Buhari because i was told he knew no corruption.

Nigeria! When will we learn? Maybe when we go back to 1914, we can then correct the glaring costly mistake we made.

Some people may have voted for GEJ out of ignorance but voting for Buhari is absolute stupidity because we do have records of his administration.

This man had absolute power to make this nation great as a military head of state with no legislature or even judiciary to checkmate him but instead messed up, how then will he amend his flaws now that there are oppositions and watchdogs everywhere?
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:

1. Buhari’s overthrowing of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) in 1983 was to checkmate the possible angst against the ruling oligarchy who are of his ethnic stock and keep the rest of Nigeria in bondage

2. To prove that Buhari’s objective was to protect his Hausa/Fulani oligarchy to the detriment of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria, he dealt with politicians from his part of the country with “glove hands” and gave politicians of other regions “bare knuckles.” The following are examples:

a) He detained President Shehu Shagari in a guest House and remanded Dr. Alex Ekwueme, the Vice President in Kirikiri Maximum Prisons. Yet, they were both the leaders of the NPN led government that has just been overthrown. What offence could have Ekwueme committed that Shagari could not have done worse?

b) Buhari sent his goons to ransack the home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo. This was aimed at insulting the sensibilities of the Yoruba Nation by disrespecting and embarrassing their Hero and Liberator from poverty and want. Chief Awolowo was not a member of the party in power that has just been overthrown, yet he had to be subjected to such unwarranted, politically and ethnically motivated vendetta. Pastor Bakare wanted us to believe that this was the handiwork of “fifth columnists” in Buhari’s regime. If this was so, what stopped Buhari from publicly apologizing to Chief Awolowo on behalf of himself and his regime, especially if Buhari’s intentions were clean?

c) He ordered Pa Adekunle Ajasin, former Governor of the old Ondo State to be retried two times when they could not find anything against him. This meant that the old man was tried three times unfairly. Buhari ordered Pa Ajasin to be detained regardless of the fact that the old man was squeaky clean. His unfair detention impaired the old man’s health and led to early death for him. When this Honorable man died, he has only one old bungalow that he built as a teacher and principal in Owo town, well before he became the governor, to his name.

d) He detained Professor Ambrose Ali of Bendel State in an inhuman condition to the point that the esteemed Professor became blind and died shortly after he was released. When the Professor died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

e) His detention of Chief Ayo Ojewumi led to the blindness of the man. Buhari refused to let the man receive medical treatment until he completely went blind. Chief Ojewumi died exactly 28 days after he was released from Buhari’s gulag.

f) Buhari refused to allow Chief Bisi Onabanjo, the governor of Ogun State to have access to medical treatment in detention. He treated the man as a criminal and shortened the life of the esteemed governor.

g) Chief Jim Nwobodo, Chief Bola Ige, Chief Lateef Jakande, Chief Sam Mbakwe and several other southern politicians were given unreasonable sentences ranging from 100 years to 250 years while Governor Awwal Ibrahim of Niger State who was caught in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds and several millions in dollars and Naira, was detained in guest house.

2. Buhari jailed Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, on trumped up charges, allegedly as an economic saboteur with the legal backing of the Miscellaneous Offences Decree No. 20 of 1984, for having less than 10,000 dollars in his possession on his way out of the country. The judge in the case later apologized and confessed that he was ordered to jail the famous Musician regardless of his innocence. The Buhari junta would later say publicly that it “decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all.”

3. Buhari instructed his ADC, Major Mustapha Jokolo to smuggle 53 suit cases, allegedly stuffed with foreign currency, through Murtala Mohammed Airport against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and Alhaji Abubakar Atiku, who was then Acting Director General of the Customs and later became the Vice President. A case of all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

4. The change of color of the nation's currency notes (except the fifty kobo note) in April 1984, allegedly to stop currency trafficking. The exercise rendered almost half of the estimated N6 billion of had earned money of ordinary Nigerians, worthless at the expiration of the change.

5. Buhari enacted Public Officers (Protection Against False Accusation) Decree 4 of 1984 with which he jailed journalists Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson for writing the truth. He said publicly that it did not matter if any of the journalists wrote the TRUTH, as long as he and his junta did not like it, the writers would go to jail. This casted Buhari as someone who never cares about the truth and a vindictive person.

6. He cancelled the METROLINE PROJECT that Governor Lateef Jakande embarked upon as a vendetta against the Yoruba people. He chose rather to pay a fine of $60 million rather than guarantee $100million needed for the completion of the project. Soon after, he procured several Airplanes for the Nigeria Airways costing several millions.

7. He put in place a retroactive law with which he murdered three innocent men: Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26), by public execution. Buhari did not allow them to go through the judicial system. He never respected the laws of the land. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Buhari left untouched an alleged well known drug baron in Ibrahim Babangida who later overthrew his government.

9. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of Northern population majority.

10. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

12. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.

13. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such not fit to lead the country. He was later to say publicly, on the tenth anniversary of Sani Abacha’s death that Sani Abacha never stole anything from Nigeria.

14. The Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission (HRVIC) headed by Honorable Justice Chukwudifu Oputa an eminent jurist, was insulted and disrespected by Buhari who refused to appear before it. His message to Nigerians is that he (Buhari) is above the law and could not be held accountable.

15. He made Nigerians to go through the agony of having to scavenge and scamper for what was described as “essential commodities” such as milk, sugar and other diary products, thus creating emergency wealth for those who were very connected with his government.

Common sense dictates that you quote the source of the BULLSHIT you typed above...

undecided
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by takedat(m): 5:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Common sense dictate that you quote the source of the BULLSHIT you typed above...

undecided
Naijapundits!
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by asha80(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint na wa for you ooo lol.however no one has been able to give me good why ekwueme was taking to kirikiri and shagari put on just house arrest when buhari took over...i mean wasn't shagari the president and ekwueme vice?
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Common sense dictate that you quote the source of the BULLSHIT you typed above...

undecided

undecided undecided undecided undecided and you know you lack that common sense you are talking about! The ones we supplied sources, what did you with them? No wonder, you had already tagged it 'BULLSHIT' undecided You are here mouthing on source as if you really need it, will you sod off my thread Garrison Commander
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
take dat: Naijapundits!

No wonder the OP didn't state the source...

Everyone knows Reno O-mockery is‎​ a dirty piece of SHIIT!!
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
asha 80: tomakint na wa for you ooo lol.however no one has been able to give me good why ekwueme was taking to kirikiri and shagari put on just house arrest when buhari took over...i mean wasn't shagari the president and ekwueme vice?
Trust me the above are true, just google for more of Buhari's atrocities cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:

undecided undecided undecided undecided and you know you lack that common sense you are talking about! The ones we supplied sources, what did you with them? You are here mouthing on source as if you really need it, will you sod off my thread Garrison Commander

Mr Man, do the sensible thing and quote a source!!

Or are you ashame of your source!!

If you're ashame of Naija Pundits, then stop Feeding on Reno's shyte.....

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
The fact that same people bashing Buhari are GEJ supporters, "We will not vote for a northerner or muslim" supporters, Fashola bashing supporters are bashing Buhari comes as no surprise..

GEJ is not a leader.. No leader will let any of her staffs cause division among the masses in the name of clinging to power..

Doyin Okugbe and Reno omo-kirikiri make una continue. GEJ will leave politics and you guys will be nothing but pawns used by him..
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Mr Man, do the sensible thing and quote a source!!

Or are you ashame of your source!!

If you're ashame of Naija Pundits, then stop Feeding on Reno's shyte.....

cheesy cheesy
...and why do you think I would be ashamed of quoting my source, refute the points raised above (I am throwing you guys, Buhari apologists a challenge) and then my source will come!
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:
...and why should I be ashamed of quoting my source, refute the points raised above (I am throwing you guys, Buhari apologists a challenge) and then my source will come!

Till you quote a source, your post is‎​ nothing but beer parlour talk...

You don't expect a normal person to debate based on information gotten from CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS, do you??

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
mind you this ain't my source, https://www.nairaland.com/617875/buhari-didnt-know-those-under but you can find some other attributes of the Buhari you may want to know more about cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
.Garri (x7):

Till you quote a source, your post is‎​ nothing but beer parlour talk...

You don't expect a normal person to debate based on information gotten from CONFIRMED DRUNKARDS, do you??

cheesy cheesy
Ok Garrison Commander, here you go, let's see what you'll do with it; http://saharareporters.com/article/pastor-tunde-bakare%E2%80%99s-disobedience-god
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:
Ok Garrison Commander, here you go, let's see what you'll do with it; http://saharareporters.com/article/pastor-tunde-bakare%E2%80%99s-disobedience-god

Low life low life low life!!!!!

You linked to a comment on Sahara reporters and not an article!! A comment with the same write up as the Buhari bashing on naijapundits and as your thread...

You really are a low life.. That is not an article, it's a comment by one of your own stupid GEJ supporters threatened by Buhari.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by tomakint: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
0lumide:

Low life low life low life!!!!!

You linked to a comment on Sahara reporters and not an article!! A comment with the same write up as the Buhari bashing on naijapundits and as your thread...

You really are a low life.. That is not an article, it's a comment by one of your own stupid GEJ supporters threatened by Buhari.
The joke is on you, if you have eyes you would have noticed that the writer of the commentary was a confirmed journalist perhaps you are suffering from short-sightedness, go get your bi-focal lens and re-read again the article and stop parading yourself around like a 'jerk'! The points raised against Buhari up there are my major concerns.....sorry, if I may ask perhaps you are in your aerly 20s or mid...Oh, I am sorry, I am relating with the wrong guy undecided
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Booked
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by GARRIx10: 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Reserved!!
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by bappahman: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
Abubakar Rimi (gov of old kano state) got 99 years in prison
Tatari Ali (gov of old bauchi state) got 76 yrs
That's just a few I can remember off my head..
So all those claiming buhari treated Norther politicians with kid gloves are liers
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Ejine(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
Here's another failed attempt at justifying Buhari's bias and bigotry. I swear, these people are even more animalistic than the PDP they try so hard to demonize:

https://www.nairaland.com/957915/buhari-gets-mad-corruption-re-umaru

KnowAll: Buhari an Hausa/Fulani General was instrumental in the failed adoption, dopping, and subsequently crating of Master fugitive Umaru Dikko(AN Hausa/Fulani Minister under Shagari) in 1984, this singular act brought diplomatic relationship between Nigeria and Britain to an all time low ebb. I READ one dishamonious diatribe written by an Igbo gentleman about how Buhari held President Shagari under house arrest in a palacious house in Ikoyi whilst his deputy and Vice President Alex Ekwueme was sent to a mosquito infested jail in Kirikiri.

At this junture I must remind the gentleman that the post of the VP or better still that of the Deputy Governor of a State is more of an errand boy without any provision within the constitution of a specific duty other than that which the President or Governor deems fit. Whilst I sympathesies with the plight of Alex Ekwueme, the punisment given to him befits the powerless post he held at the time, if the reverse where the case that is Alex was the President and Shagari the VP the treatment would have not been any different.

Buhari by showing such bragadocciosness while dealing with Umaru Dikko and even contracting out the job to the Mossad's(isreal's fromidable secret service) most muslim's worst arch enemy, Buhari not only proved to all asunder that he is a detribalized Nigerian but demonstrated that his can-do atitude at getting things done is no fluke. Genreral Buhari is more than welcome to throw his hat in the ring come 2015, we hope this time Clueless GEJ would let the true result be.

This story are one of the few stories of pride in the leadership of our great ountry that needs to be passed to generations to come. Keep up the good work General. cool

That was from the link.
How any human being could type this and feel proud of himself afterwards is still beyond me.
I guess in his mind, he made a lot of sense and this really makes Buhari the 'honest' man they shamelessly tout him to be. Shame.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by KnowAll(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
That was from the link.
How any human being could type this and feel proud of himself afterwards is still beyond me.
I guess in his mind, he made a lot of sense and this really makes Buhari the 'honest' man they shamelessly tout him to be. Shame.

We all know, strong VP's hold their president's to ransome through blackmail, outright disobedeince, and by a 'double-treacherous' move of "grandstanding subtafuging" the President to "outright subservance" to the authority of d President. When d chips are down, and it becomes a question of choosing between d devil and d deep blue sea, wise and smarter, humane the 'President' inclusive choose to save their necks, leaving any harmless VP or otherwise to the sharks to feed on.

Since we are not privy to what transpired between Shagari and Buhari as to what went wrong in his regime, It is not inconceivable that the President threw his VP to the dogs in order to save his neck. Clearly if Buhari were a tribalist as u purport, he would not go 6000 miles to catch, try to apprehend, and bring to book 'master fugitive' Umaru Dikko, like I said in that piece, that singular act by an Hausa/Fulani man to his fellow Hausa/Fulani brother beats anything I have seen in d annals of this country and I stand by it. cool
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Demdem(m): 8:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
The same recycled piece of shit. Msheeew.
Na today.
Re: The Buhari I Knew And Still Know..... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2013

Buhari did not lead the coup he was selected as Head of State after the coup leader was killed during the coup

Buhari detained Ekwueme in prison as he $56,000 was found at his home, Buhari could not find any evidence that Shagari had stolen any money

I have been researching Nigeria's political history and have never come across any credible news report to support this allegation, perhaps OP can give us his source

I have been researching Nigeria's political history and have never come across any credible news report to support this allegation, perhaps OP can give us his source

The military tribunal looked at all the evidence available to them before deciding that the accused was guilty, if he you have evidence to prove the innocence then present them. Buhari also instructed that all looted assets are retrieved from those convicted

He was detained because he was found guilty of corruption, many thousands of prisoners die in prison every year

He was detained because he was found guilty of corruption, many thousands of prisoners die in prison every year

I have been researching Nigeria's political history and have never come across any credible news report to support this allegation, perhaps OP can give us his source, Fela new the law and he broke it, that was the reason he was jailed.

Complete misrepresentation of facts: 1st the suitcases were coming into Nigeria from abroad, the suitcases were those of an Emir returning from abroad with all his wives and children and all pieces of luggage from children's rucksacks to his wives' handbags were counted as suitcases. Again there is no credible source of the story which said Buhari intervened to by-pass normal procedures in customs or that indeed the "suitcases" had any money in them.

Honest Nigerians had several weeks notice to change their cash in the banks, only the looters, money launderers and traffikers with something to hide lost out

Buhari jailed the 2 journalist for contravening the decree - for not being factual and trying to falsely discredit the regime - both journalist were aware of the decree before they chose to breach it.

This was purely and exercise in belt tightening as when he came to power Nigeria was more or less bankrupt and was in negotiations with IMF for loan - which Buhari ultimately rejected.

Buhari wanted to deter armed robbers and drug dealers with tougher punishment, rumour hasit that he had planned to retire IBB who was sponsored by Abiola to overthrow Buhari on the eve of the planned retirement.

The $2.8bn was missing during the time Obasanjo was military head of state between 1976 ans 1979. Obasanjo's Ota farm cost approx $2.8bn to purchase in 1979 - go figure

Please provide proof

Buhari ruled Nigeria for 20 months and nobody accused him then of being an Islamic fundmenatlist, his focus was fighting corruption and salvaging the economy, no states adopted Sharia law during Buhari's reign, he crushed muslim fanaticism violence in Yobe 1984

Buhari did not lead the coup he was selected as Head of State after the coup leader was killed during the coup

Buhari's handling of PTF was investigated by Obasanjo who was looking at anyway to discredit Abacha - the books were found to be impeccable

Abacha was a honest and competent leader who never looted, he was accused of looting by Thief Obasanjo who has since proven himself to be the biggest looter Africa (if not the world) has ever known. Thief Obasanjo claimed the money returned by Swiss banks was Abacha's loot, this was simply a ploy to deceive Nigerians ans there is evidence that suggest the money did not belong to Abacha and today that returned money is untraceable

Buhari saw through Thief Obasanjo ruse as Theif Obasanjo chose what cases are brought to the commission, Buhari would have attended if it was genuine

source please, otherwise it is just beer palour rumours

It is more than exhaustive 99% of what you have written are either falsehoods or unsubstantiated. OP needs to provide sources of all this allegations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? / Too Bad: Landlady’s Children Cut male Tenant’s Private Part (photos) / Canada Under Attack By Jihadist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.