Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? (2858 Views)

Special Forces Units And Operators Of The Nigerian Armed Forces / Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Akwenukemarho(m): 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
Greetings to my distinguished fellow nairalanders, I have made a startling observation which is that there's no albino in the nigerian armed forces, or the Nigeria police force, is there some sort of unwritten law that forbids albinos from joining the armed forces? Because I have never in all my life seen an "obobo soldier" or has any one here seen one? P.S: this is not to ridicule my fair brothers and sisters, it's just an innocent observation,
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Yasmeena(f): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
what a funny observation.... but the DG of the National Youth Service Corp is an Albino, or is hean escapee from albinism? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Ejine(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
These men recieve their training mostly under the blazing sun, and it is not advisable for albinos to partake in such, since it could lead to skin cancer. Simple.

It's an interesting observation, nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by BlackMamba2: 4:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
With all due respect,you want them to shoot our troops in the confusion that arises with combatant situations? they have to get so close to the enemy before they can see them in day time to engage so common...ya'll want that? **Forgive my prejudices please,its just on a lighter note**

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by tomakint: 4:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Just Imagine it in your heart, an albino in Nigerian Military fatigue, I love them, but they stand no chance in that area we are talking about security here and you and I know that they are not that visibly good in day time! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by tpia5: 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
must there be?

please, i'm tired of all these s.tupid questions on nl.

albinos typically are used for "intelligence" work ie undercover.

you people should find worthwhile things to do with your time.

you know they cant stay in the sun, they need specialized care for other things, yet you still have to ask this kind of d.aft question?

gej needs to provide jobs for people. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Ejine(m): 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
Black Mamba: With all due respect,you want them to shoot our troops in the confusion that arises with combatant situations? they have to get so close to the enemy before they can see them in day time to engage so common...ya'll want that? **Forgive my prejudices please,its just on a lighter note**

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Akwenukemarho(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
tpia@:
must there be?

you know they cant stay in the sun, they need specialized care for other things, yet you still have to ask this kind of d.aft question?

. Why do you think the question is daft? And don't wait for Gej to provide jobs, u can think of something meaningful to do to be self sufficient, don't wait for the government to come and help u clean your an.us, if I'm daft for asking this question, then I think you are DAFTER for answering it,
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
He won't see bullet coming lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by plendil: 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
tpia@:
must there be?

there's nothing daft about the question, quit being silly

@OP, very interesting observation. It most likely have to do with their inability to withstand direct sunlight. Don't forget that physical endurance is one of the criteria for getting enrolled in the armed forces.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by plendil: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
and yes there may be issues regarding his eyesight.
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by tpia5: 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by jmoore(m): 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
Akwenuke marho: Greetings to my distinguished fellow nairalanders, I have made a startling observation which is that there's no albino in the nigerian armed forces
How many barracks have you visited? startling observation or blind observation? smh
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by saintneo(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
I beg to differ. I have seen an albino policeman.
Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Ngwakwe: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Equal Right for the Albinos.

In the future the Albinos will describe themselves as a Race.

Then na there wahala go dey.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Akwenukemarho(m): 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
jmoore:
How many barracks have you visited? startling observation or blind observation? smh
it's not a blind observation my goodman, i have visited a few barracks and i am yet to encounter an albino military personnel, or have you seen one? if you have where is the proof?

Re: Why Is There No Albino In The Nigerian Armed Forces? by Akwenukemarho(m): 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
saintneo: I beg to differ. I have seen an albino policeman.
ok,where did you see this albino police officer and how do we know you're not making it up?

(1) (Reply)

Canada Under Attack By Jihadist / EXPOSED: FG Lied, No Ceasefire Agreement/ SHEKAU NOT WITH CHIBOK GIRLS / Why Is Buhari Having Cap On His Head During A Service Organised By LSG?-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.