Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,390 members, 7,958,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:00 AM

If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? (2384 Views)

If Dagrin No Go, Olamide No Go Come – Whats Your Take On This? / If Dagrin Is Still Alive, Will Olamide Compete With Him? / If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamideshine Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by Justiceotuya(m): 11:34am On Feb 16, 2013
On the 15th of dec 2012, Olanide Adedeji popularly known as Olamide said “Those saying i’m copying Dagrin will soon change their minds” and someone commented that Olamide isn’t doing the same kind of music Dagrin did….
Really, whats your opinion? And do you think if Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, Aka Chief Executive Omoita didn’t die, Olamide wouldn’t be well recognised?
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 16, 2013
Justiceotuya: On the 15th of dec 2012, Olanide Adedeji popularly known as Olamide said “Those saying i’m copying Dagrin will soon change their minds” and someone commented that Olamide isn’t doing the same kind of music Dagrin did….
Really, whats your opinion? And do you think if Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, Aka Chief Executive Omoita didn’t die, Olamide wouldn’t be well recognised?
Dagrin paved the way for the likes of Olamide so if music is a religion, then Dagrin would be a god to the likes of Olamide and every other rapper who does music in Local Nigerian languages. No one ever attempted to do what Dagrin did so bow down Olamide and worship your god cuz if not for Dagrin, you'll still be in the streetz hustling grin
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by airmark(m): 11:54am On Feb 16, 2013
^ spot on. But Dagrin also saw Lord of Ajasa starting it, only to take it to another level. Rapping in yoruba is n't easy but the likes of Dagrin and lately Olamide make it look easy. The first time i heard Olamide's Voice of the street, i was blown away with the passion he rapped. Thumbs up for all of them including underground yoruba rappers.
@ Topic, if Dagrin were to be alive may be we would have seen Nas and Jigga's stunts. Olamide would have shined too.
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
^Dagrin had been rapping for a long time before he came to the limelight.
I saw one of his old videos. His style was still crude then. I believe it took him some time to perfect his art form.
Dagrin was far better than the two artistes you mentioned. Olamide too is getting there but he still hasn't gotten to Dagrin's level of perfection.
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
L.O.L if Dagrin was alive Olamide would still rise to be a star,cos YORUBA RAPPERS like KONGA,Lord of Ajasa were in d industry b4 Dagrin got 2 d industry so theres probability dat if Dagrin was alive Olamide would still SHINE
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by oluwadare26(m): 9:17am On Feb 18, 2013
Y not! But can never shine past Da'grin... The CEO
Re: If Dagrin Was Alive, Would Olamide Shine Like This? by Flygerian1(m): 3:36am On Feb 19, 2013
Brand_new:
Dagrin paved the way for the likes of Olamide so if music is a religion, then Dagrin would be a god to the likes of Olamide and every other rapper who does music in Local Nigerian languages. No one ever attempted to do what Dagrin did so bow down Olamide and worship your god cuz if not for Dagrin, you'll still be in the streetz hustling grin

Sail on.

(1) (Reply)

Download The New Song By: Rayce – Igbedu / Pls Who Sang This Yoruba Song? / Mp3: Download All Tracks In Olamide Lagos Nawa Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.