Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? (14025 Views)

List Of, The Most Watched Seasonal Film Ever In Nigeria.... / Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film / The Best Yoruba Film Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 6:40am On Feb 17, 2013
This just came to my attention and it is simply brilliant! Watch and share... please! And what do you all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Ichw5xq44

7 Likes

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by braine(m): 6:47am On Feb 17, 2013
Its really nice; very short and precise. I love the video quality too.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2013
braine: Its really nice; very short and precise. I love the video quality too.

True and it would look much better had they uploaded it in HD.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:03am On Feb 17, 2013
Nice movie. . .got a question though.

Were all his dreams within a dream? undecided

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 9:24am On Feb 17, 2013
An out-of-the-box story. It was shot well, the actor did a good job, minimal and intense.

The best Nigerian short film ever? Yes it is when I compare it with Enitan, Dara Ju, Outspoken and Down & Out, which are my new favs.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 10:25am On Feb 17, 2013
ijebabe: An out-of-the-box story. It was shot well, the actor did a good job, minimal and intense.
The best Nigerian short film ever? Yes it is when I compare it with Enitan, Dara Ju, Outspoken and Down & Out, which are my new favs.

Glad you liked it. 'Best ever?' was just a title to stand out... compared to the 'final selection' and a number of other films it is right on top. One has to imagine... by any chance what number of 'gems' sliped through their selection process. I've seen a few short film competitions and it is usually so difficult to pick from the finalists because they are all so good but in the case of AfriNolly it was so easy to get rid of half even before they reached the 60sec mark.

Good news is people can make very good stuff... exciting times we live in!

2 Likes

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by lynx200(m): 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
This is what a quality production should be. Straight to the point, unpredictable but carries the viewers along. Nice picture. I liked the underwater scene and the beautiful use of graphics. Why was this not in the afrinolly contest?

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Orikinla(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
Submit to short films festivals and others with category for short films.
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
lynx200: This is what a quality production should be. Straight to the point, unpredictable but carries the viewers along. Nice picture. I liked the underwater scene and the beautiful use of graphics. Why was this not in the afrinolly contest?

@Bolded - Who knows? It could have been in the competition. Over 500 films were sent in, there must have been at least 25 very good 'narrative' films.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
I need to check out the bios of the judges too hahaha

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
ijebabe: I need to check out the bios of the judges too hahaha

I did lol and I know a 'consultant' is connected to one of the films... at least.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Briareos(m): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2013
I was about to give a link to my debut short movie, but with the movies I'm seeing all over NL, is making me secondguess the decision.

I'm frightened in an exciting way. Its a really good thing, IMO, as I really want to perfect my act or at least make it better before I subject myself to the world and especially NLers harsh scrutiny.

On other news, this is a really great movie and like some shorts been upoaded recently, I've learnt a few trick from it.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 10:36am On Feb 19, 2013
semid4lyfe: Nice movie. . .got a question though.

Were all his dreams within a dream? undecided
Yes, haven't you watched Inception? If you find this confusing then I wouldn't ask you to watch that.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ijebabe: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2013
Briareos: I was about to give a link to my debut short movie, but with the movies I'm seeing all over NL, is making me secondguess the decision
So when do we get to watch it?
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
Briareos: I was about to give a link to my debut short movie, but with the movies I'm seeing all over NL, is making me secondguess the decision.

I'm frightened in an exciting way. Its a really good thing, IMO, as I really want to perfect my act or at least make it better before I subject myself to the world and especially NLers harsh scrutiny.

On other news, this is a really great movie and like some shorts been upoaded recently, I've learnt a few trick from it.

My man pls link your movie, we all would love to watch it. Don't wait to be perfect (even James Cameron & Peter Jacksone aren't) and don't wait for the film to be 'perfect' (IMHO no such film exists).
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by kunlefox(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
This! this is just brilliant...i like how the pieces are connected.There you go for coherence and unity, and like everyone has said already about the video quality. Neat and tidy!

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
I agree, this is the best nigerian short film I've seen. Reminds me of inception.

This is intimidating, but it won't discourage me from finishing the editing of my first ever short film. I'll post a link when I'm done.

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by VillageBoi(m): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
cnario: I agree, this is the best nigerian short film I've seen. Reminds me of inception.

This is intimidating, but it won't discourage me from finishing the editing of my first ever short film. I'll post a link when I'm done.

Well done!

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2013
ijebabe:
Yes, haven't you watched Inception? If you find this confusing then I wouldn't ask you to watch that.

I've seen Inception and it was because of the similarity in concepts that I asked the question

Back to topic, it's a good (well made) short film but I didn't particularly find it interesting. I still prefer Down & Out
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Willgates(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2013
I no fit use C1 watch video for youtube na embarassed cry
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by ignis: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2013
The film is a dream in a dream.
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Leadn(m): 10:47am On Feb 20, 2013
On Edge... can't watch till 12 noon...

Btw, you guys are really doing well in this "short-film" niche... better than our "nollywood - long clueless movies"

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Yolmite(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2013
Very nice
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by igbsam(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2013
One Word "Amazing"
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by amstron: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2013
Nice film

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 20, 2013
There seem to be so many short films coming out in Nigeria now - really impressive stuff but are they making any money? is it sustainable?

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by geeez: 11:14am On Feb 20, 2013
Impressive. I had to look at that car crash part over and over again. Wonderful effects

2 Likes

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by lordspiritual(m): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2013
the movie was awesome....suspense filled..

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 20, 2013
. How i wan take use china-hungary take watch am na? Abeg make person try put download link for people like me .
Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by Geop(m): 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
D movie is very cool.....

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by infolpf: 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
Wow, the message of domestic violence is well executed! I hope in the brilliance of the short, the message does not get lost...

1 Like

Re: BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? by DobleO7: 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Scary N Nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mama Ajasco Is Dead / Watch And Download After Earth / Moviebox For Android: Step-by-step Installation Instructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.