Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State (8755 Views)

35-Year-Old Man Kidnaps Teenager In Lagos, Keeps Her As Sex Slave / Herbalist Kidnaps Girls In Calabar, Turns Them To Sex Slaves (pictured) / Gang Rapes Rev. Sister, Kidnaps 10 Rev. Fathers, Pastors In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by OurYansh: 8:16am On Feb 17, 2013
Physically challenged son kidnaps mother

February 17, 2013 | 2:00 am

News

*Demands N20 million ransom  *Detains her for 10 days

By EMMA AMAIZE

A physically–challenged barber, who abducted his mother, Mrs. Kate Emienor, in Benin City, Edo State and detained her for 10 days at a hideout in Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State, while demanding N20 million ransom to secure her freedom , has been nabbed by the police.

Commissioner of Police, Delta State, Mr. Ikechukwu Aduba, who confirmed the incident, yesterday, said, “It is true, both the son and mother that was kidnapped are in our custody.”

Sunday Vanguard learnt that the barber, suspected to be a hardened criminal, allegedly abducted her mother, February 5, in Benin City, where he operated a barbing salon, and whisked her to a hideout in Ogwashi-Uku.

He reportedly alerted his elder brother, based overseas, that their mother was kidnapped and the abductors were demanding N20 million ransom to release her.

The ransom was later reduced to N10 million when his brother could not raise the N20 million. Meanwhile, unknown to the son, the police were alerted about the purported kidnap and they put in place strategies to track the abductors.

Sunday Vanguard gathered that the suspect might have brainwashed his mother into agreeing to be abducted in order to obtain money from her son living outside the country.

Aduba, who expressed concern about the involvement of family members and insiders in kidnapping, said, “The suspect who arranged the purported kidnap of his mother was busy holding meetings with other members of the family on how to release their mother, whereas, he was responsible for the abduction.”

The police boss disclosed that the suspect held a meeting with other members of the family 24 hours before he was arrested at about 4.00 pm on February 15, adding that no ransom was paid to rescue Mrs. Emienor.

His words, “The scourge is getting worrisome as kidnap cases are not abating with idle youths turning their energy negatively to the detriment of the larger society”.

Recalling the case of a man who arranged the kidnap of a friend, he said, “Hard time awaits kidnappers in Delta State; they will be smoked out and made to face the full wrath of the law, including their sponsors, who always lurk around”.

According to Aduba, “Recently, a so-called human rights activist and lawyer was nabbed pants down trying to pervert the course of justice shamelessly in Warri.

“His game of blackmailing notwithstanding, let him prove his innocence in court, not before native doctors cum spiritualists.

“I want to assure Deltans that with their cooperation, there is no hiding space for  sponsors of crime in the state; once they are caught, no compromise”.

A police source told Sunday Vanguard, last night, “It is likely the suspect will be charged to court for the kidnap of his mother, but the mother will be used as a key witness since it was obvious she fell for the trap.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/physically-challenged-son-kidnaps-mother/
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by skales(m): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2013
Nothing we nor go hear for this country grin

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by oboy3(m): 10:31am On Feb 17, 2013
A wicked world,a woman that carried you in her belle for Nine good months
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by konami001: 10:31am On Feb 17, 2013
Hmmm.... Edo people i hail una o
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by bedford101(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2013
y
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by eagleeye2: 10:33am On Feb 17, 2013
Both the abductor and abductee is in police custody.

Boys no dey smile again, even physically challenged ones.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Rowlandjude(m): 10:33am On Feb 17, 2013
If son fit kidnap im mother, then we beta be afraid of everybody.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by MadCow1: 10:36am On Feb 17, 2013
What a Pikin... grin

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by onyema247: 10:37am On Feb 17, 2013
whatz the world turning into

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Kemmy210(f): 10:40am On Feb 17, 2013
Who is NOW 2be trustd?
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by zumbigbo(m): 10:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Modern Naija

Son fit kidnap im mother
Brother kill sister
Wife kill husband with petrol
Ex-Pres stroke son's wife
Nephew rob Uncle...

Naija... a country of 175 million individual nation states where dog eat dog, cat eat cat, man eats bushmeat!

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 17, 2013
Sunday Vanguard gathered that the suspect might have brainwashed his mother into agreeing to be abducted in order to obtain money from her son living outside the country.

I also suspect this.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by free2ryhme: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2013
"Sunday Vanguard gathered that the suspect might have brainwashed his mother into agreeing to be abducted..."

Is Vanguard hinting that the supposedly "kidnapped" woman is accomplice to the scheme? That "overseas" son they're attempting to extort money from needs to ask for DNA test to ascertain his true parent(age).. Of course I am merely saying I find this too absurd. A parent that could be talked into being accessory for extorting money from her own child is not fit to be called a parent. I wonder how she''d react react to felony extortion, conspiracy to extort, public mischief and filing false police report charges. The law needs to come hard on this woman because word needs to get out to other vice-minded "parents" like her. As for the ringleader son of the woman... well I wonder why they don't have concentration camps for people like him

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by free2ryhme: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2013
Frnd arrange to kidnap frnd, now son to mother, let's wait for father to kidnap son an see who,ll pay d ramson .LOL

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by JOEizu: 10:44am On Feb 17, 2013
Home Video!!!
Soon husband will kidnap wife
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Joe50(m): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2013
na laf i dey laf inside church as i dey read dis thread, some pple need sharp sharp money, no time to sweat again.

Sharp money with sharp death.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Boss13: 10:53am On Feb 17, 2013
Kidnapping is now emerging as the new scam game. 419 started in the early 90's and everybody thought it was cool. It only resulted in giving the country and its citizens a negative image to a point that you have to keep proving that you are a different Nigerian. Now kidnapping is emerging and emerging strongly. The government and law enforcement agencies are still paying lip service to this crime. In 10 years, we may not be able to recover from the embarrassment, casualties, negative image and poor ratings that kidnapping may bring to us.

This is not about poverty or social injustice. Kidnapping is a crime and it should not be treated with kid gloves. Something MUST be done, before the international community label every Nigerian as a potential kidnapper.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by victorazy(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2013
Eyya! Poor boy!
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by charlsecy4(m): 10:56am On Feb 17, 2013
o'boy:
A wicked world,a woman that carried you in her belle for Nine good months
Rowlandjude: If son fit kidnap im mother, then we beta be afraid of everybody.
Mad Cow: What a Pikin... grin
Please read the news well; the woman might have cooperated with the son in order to extort money from her son living abroad.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Boss13: 10:57am On Feb 17, 2013
Joe50: na laf i dey laf inside church as i dey read dis thread, some pple need sharp sharp money, no time to sweat again.

Sharp money with sharp death.

I know you mean no harm but I am disgusted by your comment. You do not laugh when a crime is being perpetrated and comment about people wanting money. If the need for money has generated to kidnapping parents and scamming siblings then our society is a time bomb.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by alphaconde(m): 10:58am On Feb 17, 2013
konami001: Hmmm.... Edo people i hail una o

What r u hailing them for?
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by ezedolar: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2013
Which can wahala be this one?
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Bryancrox(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2013
They almost kidnap me last week because of the way i dressed but i was very smart with dem.So yhu guys should be careful cos nowadays kidnappers kidnap even animals...Everybody is a suspect around yhu.
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Boss13: 11:08am On Feb 17, 2013
God help Nigeria. Our love for material things is turning us into animals. We do not possess any value system. We are now bothered about the material things we wish to possess. I fear for my country. I fear for its existence. War may not tear us up but our social system will. God save Nigeria
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 17, 2013
How on this green earth will a mother and her son conive to play cheap blackmail.... She was
Brainwashed ko, brainwashed ni.... They both sat a discoursed the proceeds.....
Because of 20mill
Nonsence......
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by manosteel(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2013
Kidnapping is now a high paid job in Nigeria and has reached a high proportion that even Gurugu and mai Kutuma are now kidnapping an able person. Whata f......
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by scobaba: 11:33am On Feb 17, 2013
"...Na me be d pikin wey dey give e mama joy"...Lol!
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by pyx: 11:40am On Feb 17, 2013
Our Yansh:

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/physically-challenged-son-kidnaps-mother/
MONEY GO FINISH THIS WORLD ONE DAY
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Tinyemeka(m): 11:51am On Feb 17, 2013
I don't see it as a kidnap case. They ab initio meant to extort from the guy based overseas. They should have tried that in Bayelsa. Would be a different story by now.

And BTW, why should the Delta state police spokesman be the one who is giving details for a crime that occured in Edo state?

1 Like

Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by Sijo01(f): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2013
What an able body man can do......
Re: Physically Challenged Son Kidnaps Mother In Edo State by ochukoccna: 11:58am On Feb 17, 2013
What a world, Junior brother kidnaps mother to con senior brother to pay her ransom
No more moral values
You wonder where our humanity went to
So why do we curse and rant at those who wave their eternal goodbyes to Nigeria at the MMIA? cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Protect Yourself From Yahoo-yahoo Guys / Court Jails Smugglers Of 1144 ATM Cards / Hakeem Odumosu: Traffic Robberies Will Soon Become History In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.