Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

APC: Ngige For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Ngige For President (4602 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 12:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Recently, I read a thread about how APC and Buhari might present Tambuwal and Fashola for president. Some people kicked against it stating that the duo are both muslims. Their reason being that the distrust between muslims and christians have deepened in recent times.

Some APC members welcomed this idea. However, this group of people couldn't come up with why they are in support of these duo, instead, they quickly labeled the disagreeing party tribalists and religious bigots.

Now, the question is; why Tambuwal? Somebody who is a known PDP stalwart a choice of these same people who've been condemning PDP? What has he achieved more than other numerous APC members from different zones of the country? Does it mean that sometimes these undue bashing of PDP is a way to get to GEJ and southsouthners? Otherwise, what's the difference between Tambuwal and GEJ?

Some of these covert tribalist have asked the other group to point out any other credible and sellable APC candidate in the south east/south.

What will go wrong with Ngige/Ribadu candidate? Utomi/Ribadu candidate?

In their eyes, there's nothing wrong in openly stating that Igbos and s/southerners should be excluded from APC and have Hausas and Yorubas take charge of the country. However, one is labeled a tribalist the moment he/she thinks otherwise.

Bottomline is that APC is a welcome development so far its not an instrument of tribalism and religious fundamentalism as some members are showing already.
And to prove all of us wrong, they should present ACN's Ngige as the presidential candidate.

7 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by peckhamboi: 12:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':

More surprising is when some knowledgeable Nlanders accuse GEJ of dividing Nigerians votes along ethnic and religious lines. They forgot that Buhari has asked muslims to vote for muslims in 2011 elections. He also didn't bother to campaign in the southeast and s/south.

Can you provide a lucid reference for the bolded such as where and when he said that, I will end my support for Buhari immediately,

but if you can't may God punish you severely for trying to swiftboat an innocent man.

1 Like

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi:

Can you provide a lucid reference for the bolded such as where and when he said that, I will end my support for Buhari immediately,

but if you can't may God punish you severely for trying to swiftboat an innocent man.

They have started lying!!!!

The fact that PDP is working hard to discredit Buhari is enough for any sane mind to know the man has something PDP don't want Nigerians to have which is good governance. Even in APC camp, there are many who don't want the man to be president yet want to ride on his back.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Pizzanatty(m): 12:46am On Feb 18, 2013
*Yawn*....let me sleep and tink abt it...am coming ok...APC ko,CPA ni...make we hear word jare...
Re: APC: Ngige For President by oturugo(m): 12:48am On Feb 18, 2013
Ngige is alright
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 12:51am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi:

You are a very funny man.

You are asking your god to punish me should the statement be lies but if its true...you will gently withdraw your support. Once again, you are being partial. tongue

1 Like

Re: APC: Ngige For President by mike404(m): 12:55am On Feb 18, 2013
OLUMIDE I DEY LAUGH YOU AND YOUR MENTOR O grin
Re: APC: Ngige For President by peckhamboi: 12:59am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':

You are a very funny man.

You are asking your god to punish me should the statement be lies but if its true...you will gently withdraw your support. Once again, you are being partial. tongue

You made a statement and I asked you to back it up with facts but you couldn't instead you are deflecting from the point.

I say again that if the statement you made up there is false, may God punish you severely and Sango and Amadioha strike you join too like Rayden.

Foolish Man.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by peckhamboi: 1:05am On Feb 18, 2013
I think Buhari/Fashola or Buhari/Oshiomole remains the most reasonable choice if APC wants to win in 2015 given

that Ohanaeze and other Igbo leaders have already endorsed Jonathan for 2015 and I don't see how Ngige who won his

senatorial election by only 210 votes can deliver the whole South East region for the APC. It's not a risk worth taking.

1 Like

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 1:06am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi:

You made a statement and I asked you to back it up with facts but you couldn't instead you are deflecting from the point.

I say again that if the statement you made up there is false, may God punish you severely and Sango and Amadioha strike you join too like Rayden.

Foolish Man.

You seem to be the one who have derailed. The topic is not about Buhari.

On the other hand, I can't go into any agreement with you and your gods. Reason being that you have nothing to loose should I present the evidence.

What are you asking your gods to do to you should it be true?

2 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by peckhamboi: 1:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':

On the other hand, I can't go into any agreement with you and your gods. Reason being that you have nothing to loose should I present the evidence.

Nuzo':

They should do nothing to me if it is true because I did not lie against anybody.

I have promised to withdraw my support for Buhari if you can prove it, but since you can't, it is Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Onlytruth(m): 1:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo strikes at the heart of the truth, and tribalist/sectionist/religious supremacists/exclusionists take to their heels! cheesy

I second Nuzo's question: WHY NOT NGIGE? cool

11 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by BlackPikiN(m): 2:07am On Feb 18, 2013
peckhamboi:

[size=20pt]
Nigeria: 2003: Buhari Urges Muslims to Vote Upholders Islam
BY ISAH IBRAHIM MARU, 21 JANUARY 2002[/size]

Gusau — As the year 2003 elections draw closer, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the country to vote only for the presidential candidate that would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam.

Buhari who made the call yesterday at the closing ceremony of the 16th National Qur'anic Recitation competition held in Gusau, Zamfara State told Muslims that they have every reason to thank Allah for restoring the Islamic Sharia under the present dispensation, which he said was destroyed by British colonialists during their crusade in 1903 against the Sokoto caliphate.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html

Na so God dey take punish people.

8 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by BlackPikiN(m): 2:12am On Feb 18, 2013
Calls for 'total' Sharia in Nigeria
2001-08-27 21:32

Lagos - A former military ruler of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has called for the introduction of 'total' Islamic law across the country, reports said on Monday.

Buhari, who ruled Nigeria from a coup in December 1983 to his ouster in 1985, told a seminar in Kaduna, northern Nigeria, at the weekend that the strict Islamic law code known as the Sharia should be introduced in full across Nigeria.

[size=15pt]"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," Buhari said, quoted in press reports. [/size]

[size=20pt]"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said. [/size]

Northern Nigeria is mainly Muslim but southern Nigeria is mainly Christian and has led criticism of the introduction of Islamic law in a dozen northern states in the past 18 months.

Africa's most populous country has been shaken repeatedly in the past by religious unrest. In February 2000 between 2 000 and 3 000 people were killed by Christian-Muslim riots in Kaduna over the introduction of Sharia.

Call for Sharia across the country

Buhari's comments were interpreted by the southern-based papers as a call for the imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states," was the headline of the respected newspaper The Guardian.

Buhari's comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines, as well as an attack on the current president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is a Christian.

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

"It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

[size=15pt]"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on.[/size] - AFP

- SAPA

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827

4 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by aljharem(m): 2:16am On Feb 18, 2013
why not Rocahas ? Why must he be anambran always ?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 2:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Blackpikin

You just spoilt my trap. I had wanted peckhamboi to swear with his gods before providing those links.

I'm sad now. All he has to do is to withdraw his support for Buhari (not that I cared in the first place).
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Onlytruth(m): 2:23am On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: why not Rocahas ? Why must he be anambran always ?

Alj-harem please repent this year. Why can't you play fair for once in your life?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by aljharem(m): 2:30am On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth:

Alj-harem please repent this year. Why can't you play fair for once in your life?

LOL Ok on a serious note. WHY NOT ROACHES ? WHY NGIGE ?

What are ngige's achievement compare to roaches ?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nuzo1(m): 2:32am On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: why not Rocahas ? Why must he be anambran always ?

Assuming the position has to be occupied by a core APC member as some would want us to believe. Ngige is a better choice.
He also has a way of dislodging godfathers. Isn't it what Nigerians want?
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Onlytruth(m): 2:36am On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

LOL Ok on a serious note. WHY NOT ROACHES ? WHY NGIGE ?

What are ngige's achievement compare to roaches ?

Fair enough questions.

For one, Ngige is a longer serving member of ACN. Secondly, like Rochas, he is also an ex-PDP man. Thirdly, he was also a very well loved ex-governor of a state in Igboland.
Rochas only meets two of the three qualifications. Ngige has been in ACN longer than Rochas has been in APGA. Let's for now forget that APGA is still divided over their membership of APC. So, here you have my honest and fair answer.
A caveat: I could be wrong.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by aljharem(m): 2:47am On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth:

Fair enough questions.

For one, Ngige is a longer serving member of ACN. Secondly, like Rochas, he is also an ex-PDP man. Thirdly, he was also a very well loved ex-governor of a state in Igboland.
Rochas only meets two of the three qualifications. Ngige has been in ACN longer than Rochas has been in APGA. Let's for now forget that APGA is still divided over their membership of APC. So, here you have my honest and fair answer.
A caveat: I could be wrong.

Fair enough, Ok what does Ngige bring to the table apart from getting (which I hope) MAJORITY (Emphasis on MAJORITY) of SEern states and according to myopic people on this site he is not a muslim.

Ngige seem to be a rather lay-back man unlike likes of Rochas and Fashola or Ribadu. You see, in any combination (I hope you are being objective cos I want to be here) apart from the ethnical and religious issue, we need to ensure the the merger is not just another fake government waiting to have their own share.

That was why I strong was against Tinubu. Now Ngige might fill all the criteria for the SE but not for Nigeria. Remember Nigerians ARE TIRED OF THIS ETHNIC THING AND WANT DEVELOPMENT, THE SUFFERING IS TOO MUCH.

Fashola/Ribadu or Fashola/Rochas fits intoo this well

Fashola is very discipline and so is RibadU, Roachas on the other hand is more pro-masses whoch cna be a balance for Ribadu or Fashola's tough laws.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by aljharem(m): 2:48am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':

Assuming the position has to be occupied by a core APC member as some would want us to believe. Ngige is a better choice.
He also has a way of dislodging godfathers. Isn't it what Nigerians want?

LOL Ngige is not a better choice unless ofcourse he wants to be Tinubu's new puppet.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by musiwa15: 3:02am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo how do you expect APC to pick an igbo candidate when there are no igbos in that party.. APGA have already told you they are not part of it.. So Ngige cant be the president candidate who will vote for him. Nobody..
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Onlytruth(m): 3:12am On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

LOL Ngige is not a better choice unless ofcourse he wants to be Tinubu's new puppet.

This statement alone exposes you as someone who either does not know Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige (and his giant/god-father killing pedigree), or someone who is not interested in the true issues raised by Nuzo in his question.

You first wanted to divide Igbo by putting out your "Anambra" trap. When no one bit that, you switched back to Fashola/Ribadu ticket. lol

Y'know, Nigeria cannot move past tribal suspicions until the last of the THREE major tribes making up the Nigerian nation feel that they still are Nigerians.

I know you know that.

What is the greatest harm one can do to himself is to sow the same seed and expect to reap a different harvest. Self hatred can be indirect.
You want to keep someone down, but at the end you end up keeping yourself down. . . perhaps even more.

Ndigbo can stay in PDP and still vote Jonathan. We are fine with him. The burden is on YOU to tell us why we should vote "patriotically" in Nigeria, when doing so would likely mean perpetual slavery in our own country?

4 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 18, 2013
Ngige is not even interested in going. Onlytruth saying only bigotry will not allow people to vote for Ngige.

Isn't bigotry the reason you are picking Ngige even though he doesn't belong in your PDP party? Isn't bigotry the reason you want a Christian president?

Isn't bigotry the reason you don't want a Northerner?

Isn't bigotry the reason your advocated options for presidency on this site has been South-easterners?

Isn't it bigotry? Isn't it bigotry? Isn't it bigotry?

You out of bigotry accuse others of bigotry and you expect the nation to favour all?

I will be honest with you, no candidate in the east is "sellable" yet. And that strictly strategical and if you take bigotry out of your senses you will understand that Ribadu has better chances than any candidate from east, so does Fashola. Name one performer from east since 1999 that is still active in politics and can win election. Don't mention Okonjo Iweala or Soludo because they are stained by their own actions. Tinubu had ambitions of going for presidency but I think he knows that he can't win and he isn't sellable. Same goes for Ngige that is why they are in the fore front of things in their party. Take bigotry off your mind and you'll see SE doesn't have a consensus candidate candidate that deliver even SE.

Being a performer is not a criteria at all but I will have to give hats to Ribadu for contesting the 2011 elections even though he knew he can't win. He has more chances of winning the 2015 election than even Fashola. That was a strategic stance he took and to be honest, that strategy is making Ribadu the favourite of the party even more than Fashola. If it's not Buhari/Fashola, it has to be Ribadu/Fashola. Name a candidate with better chances in the party from the east.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Ngige For President by nduchucks: 4:08am On Feb 18, 2013
Many of my Igbo brothers, led by the one and only ex Eze, Onlytruth karia remain politically unsophisticated and in denial. Most Nigerians know that power will return to the North after GEJ - only dummies do not recognize this reality. SMH
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Adejoro74: 4:51am On Feb 18, 2013
Folks should gear up to vehemently campaign against Fasola, a confirmed deporter of non-Yoruba fellow Nigerians from Yorubaland. The North will be reminded of those deportations of their people by Fasola. Those who break the law (that all citizens, irrespective of their status, have a right to domicile in any part of the country) of the land for sectional reasons have no place in national politics. Those who close shops and trading posts owned by traders of other ethnic groups have no place in national politics.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by ektbear: 4:58am On Feb 18, 2013
Nuzo':

Now, the question is; why Tambuwal? Somebody who is a known PDP stalwart a choice of these same people who've been condemning PDP? What has he achieved more than other numerous APC members from different zones of the country? Does it mean that sometimes these undue bashing of PDP is a way to get to GEJ and southsouthners? Otherwise, what's the difference between Tambuwal and GEJ?

An excellent question.

Mindboggling to me that they'd even consider fielding a PDP guy.
Re: APC: Ngige For President by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 18, 2013
grin cheesy cheesy ;DI will go for Orji Uzor Kalu\Tinubu ticket. Both men are well loved in the world
Re: APC: Ngige For President by birdman(m): 6:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Onlytruth:
Ndigbo can stay in PDP and still vote Jonathan. We are fine with him. The burden is on YOU to tell us why we should vote "patriotically" in Nigeria, when doing so would likely mean perpetual slavery in our own country?

And how does voting for GEJ keep you out of that slavery. He has been president for a few years now, and by your own admission you are still in slavery. So what is it about GEJ's second term that will free you, that is, what is he going to do in the next 4 years that he has been unable to do in the first 4. You are confused cheesy
Re: APC: Ngige For President by CyberG: 6:43am On Feb 18, 2013
LOL...first they "demand" the presidency, no one answers them! Then, they mouthed off Rochas, 2 years governor, unproven and yet to accomplish anything significant, their silliness was exposed, now Ngige who was booted out of governor's house after signing an oath with the Uba criminals; and you think Nigeria still needs a person with criminal values as president? You people are just too funny, in a horrible and pitiful way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov. Ayo Fayose-going...going...(see PHOTOS) / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970; (picture) / The Vice President Called In Live To Journalist Hangout In TVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.