Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 (1098 Views)

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play / A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / We Are Not Into Politics To Make Money, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by EkoIle1: 12:51am On Feb 18, 2013
‘Melaye’, ‘NTA’, ‘Ribadu’: Top 10 people in politics to ABSOLUTELY ignore in 2013
Posted By TheScoop on January 8, 2013
Femi-fani-kayode

by Stanley Azuakola

Since we gave you the top 10 people in politics to watch out for in 2013, we believe that to be fair and balanced, you also deserve to know the 10 who you shouldn’t bother yourself with. Keeping tabs on these guys is simply unproductive, avoid it at all cost. In line with ignoring them, we’ve avoided quoting them at all in this piece; the world is safer that way.

1. Labaran Maku:

Maku is Nigeria’s Information Minister and consequently, the director of government propaganda. This is not a crime on its own. But there’s something about the way Maku does his job which doesn’t endear him to anyone unlike say, Dora Akunyili or Jerry Gana. The fact that he’s a serial flip-flopper just worsens his considerable baggage. We are sure Maku will have plenty to say this year, we’re sure he’ll also be strategising for his next political move (governor of Nasarawa perhaps), but whatever he does, it’s best to ignore him.

2. Femi Fani-Kayode:

Femi-fani-kayode

The only thing scary about ignoring FFK is what he might do to himself if he finds out you’re doing that to him. Year after year Fani-Kayode gives us some of the most ludicrous quotes of the year. Knowing how much he loves himself, don’t be surprised if you hear that despite the weight of the allegations of corruption against him, he throws himself once again into the ring for the Osun governorship election scheduled for next year. Whether he does or not, you can save the world from confident ignorance, by ignoring FFK today.

3. Ibrahim Babangida:

This month is the anniversary of IBB’s official retirement from politics. It feels good to know that 2015 is around the corner and we don’t have to be looking over our shoulders worried that the Maradona would make another appearance. May it remain so.

4. Edwin Clark:

Clark

Nigerians should be worried that Chief Clark has refused to retire in peace, seriously. At 85, we believe ignoring Clark will be doing him a favour and would be good for his health. We could really do with less of his tribalistic utterances. Besides, the guy does not even have much of a political weight having led a faction of his party to two successive electoral losses. So next time he tries to organize another relevance-inducing endorsement summit or something, just press the snooze button.

5. Nuhu Ribadu:
I’m sure some would not be pleased to see Ribadu’s name on this list, but seriously, we think Ribadu should just go and get a teaching job somewhere, join a think-thank or continue in his UN mediator role. Politics doesn’t really look good on him and let’s face it, he is pretty bad at it. So when it comes to politics in Nigeria this year, it’s best to ignore him. Just saying.

6. Adamu Ciroma
: Ciroma is the Northern version of Clark. The father of the failed pre-2011 PDP Northern consensus candidate farce. Everything we said for Clark is true for him.

7. Orji Uzor Kalu:
This former governor, who hopes to become Nigeria’s president someday is – pardon us – a joke. It’s a pity we are not putting up any quotes from these men otherwise you’ll have a good laugh hearing some of Kalu’s utterances, including the one he said last week. His chosen successor in Abia has rendered him impotent in the state so he plans to conquer Nigeria and nationalize his brand of incompetence. Err… no, thanks.

8. Asari Dokubo: [/b]It’s Nigeria’s bad luck that this ex freedom fighter is a newsmaker. Only in Nigeria. Dokubo knows how to say all the wrong things when a microphone is thrust into his mouth. It’s important that journalists understand this and stop making him talk. But heaven helps those who help themselves, right? Help yourself then, ignore Asari Dokubo now and forever.
[b]
9. Dino Melaye:

Dino

Verily I say unto you, be suspicious of anyone who even takes Melaye seriously. Ignoring Melaye is a good way to serve your country especially as he tries desperately to rebrand himself as a social crusader. Actions must have consequence, that’s why we refuse to have amnesia. We can’t forget that Melaye confessed to rigging elections in this country; that he fought publicly as a public servant; that he wasn’t known to have a voting record in the House of representatives or have a position that was contrary to the official line of the party (PDP) he now claims represents all that’s wrong with Nigeria. You can’t have your cake and eat it, Dino. No way!

10. Nigeria Television Authority (NTA)
:

NTA

We’ll leave you with the words of one of our regular Scoopers, Ikemesit Effiong, who wrote in his piece yesterday that, “ I declared a personal embargo on the NTA network news seventeen years ago… My parents and close friends have unsuccessfully tried to reconnect me back to the national grid. Let us be frank. Network news is no more than an artificial cosmetic construct packaged to make you ‘think’ that the government is hard at work. It isn’t.” Enough said

http://www.thescoopng.com/melaye-nta-ribadu-top-10-people-in-politics-to-absolutely-ignore-in-2013-2/
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 18, 2013
el rufai nko?
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by gramci: 1:44am On Feb 18, 2013
ondo_boi: el rufai nko?

El rufai ni
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Nuzo1(m): 1:51am On Feb 18, 2013
El-Rufai over Ribadu? Na wao!

Well, its just your personal opinion OP and I respect it. I disagree with Ribadu being on the list tho.

And who still talks about Orji Kalu? Dude, its just like thinking that people still remember Alao Akala or Ayo Fayoshe.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by patimore: 8:06am On Feb 18, 2013
Foolish Op. You should padlock their mouths now
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by dridowu: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2013
NTA and LABARAN MAKU COMBINE TOGETHER SHOULD BE NUMBER 1
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by seunfly: 9:24am On Feb 18, 2013
ondo_boi: el rufai nko?
I prefer el rufai to be in place of Ribadu.
Madam patience Jonathan should also be among,
Our grammar blowing hon from edo,
peter odili should spare us all the vindication programes he is doing,
Ogbeni aregbesola should face the work given to him by Osun peaple
Finaly all this EMERGENCY POLITICAL AUTHOURS shoul be ignored.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Ejine(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai should've topped the list.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by duality(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
and why is tunubu not on the list? Tunubu's absence makes the whole thing a joke that it is.

Finally, remove NTA from the list. NTA is one media outfit that gives balanced reportage; Except you have a mind programmed against them. Please if another party wins and is in power, They will still make use of NTA. you can never find discussions against APC, PDP, CPC, ACN or any other party being transmitted on NTA. never. tune in to other private stations and see what is going on. Any honest Nigerian knows NTA gives balanced reporting.

Although as an agency of government it is expected that they transmit the activities of government hence you have programs like " 7 Point Agenda"," the transformation agenda".

even if another party comes to power tomorrow, NTA will do the same. I just don't like the way people see NTA.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by fkaz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
To mention Nuhu Ribadu, on this list make the list irrelevant
This is the man i can likened to Buhari, when it comes to governance.
You can as well replace Nuhu Ribadu with Atiku/Babagida Aliyu
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Maduale: 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Op, you are wrong. This list is fundamentally faulty for ever including Maku. Labaran Maku is the first information Minuster to catch my fancy in Nigeria.
He exemplifies humility and passion. whenever he speaks, you could feel the passion to deliver. I love him a lot. The hatred against him is understandable given the desperation of some not to see anything good in Jonathan. But he appears very intelligent and speaks smartly.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Dollarman101: 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
Melaye. Yes. El Rufai yes. In fact, El rufai should rank first in that list and not Maku. Personally, I believe that the Op was unfair in adding Maku to this ignoble list.
I have my reasons. Labaran Maku saw to the passage and signing of FOI by President Jonathan. This singular achievement is worthy of commendation and distinguishes him in the comity of Ministers of Information Nigeria

Secondly, he is expanding the frontiers of information management through the Good Governance Tour initiative. Nothwitstanding all the criticisms, the tour has given Nigetians a window into the world of most state Governors. It offers me a basis for an objective assessment of each state governor through their poster projects. I always follow the tour on the Ministry's facebook wall and Town hall meeting on NTA. it's a good initiative.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Bukkyade: 5:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Maduale: Op, you are wrong. This list is fundamentally faulty for ever including Maku. Labaran Maku is the first information Minuster to catch my fancy in Nigeria.
He exemplifies humility and passion. whenever he speaks, you could feel the passion to deliver. I love him a lot. The hatred against him is understandable given the desperation of some not to see anything good in Jonathan. But he appears very intelligent and speaks smartly.
I Agee with you intoto. Labaran Maku hardly reads from a prepared text. He talks directly from his head and responds to any question sharply. He is very intelligent and I admire the way he talks bodly not minding whoose ox is gored. You need to see him at last December's end of year media briefing in Abuja. he was at his oratorial best chronicling achievements of this administration without recourse to a prepared speech. Brilliant!
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Arobam: 5:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
For me, FEMI FANI KAYODE and EL RUFAI should top that list. The duo are not to be taken seriously any longer.
Especially El Rufai, he keeps lying, lying and lying. The controversy over his recent publication has really portrayed him as the number one liar in the country followed distantly by Fani Kayode.
Fani kayode could not renovate one single airport in Nigetia but keeps blabbing on twitter against the present administration. The corrupt dude is facing money laundering charges for the money he stole as Aviation minister. Very lousy fellow.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Countryman93: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
dridowu: NTA and LABARAN MAKU COMBINE TOGETHER SHOULD BE NUMBER 1
Common s.hut your dirty mouth. What do you know about NTA/MAKU? These are institutions that exist to inform you about activities of government. If you ignore them, you do so at your own peril. No sensible person would include Maku and zNTA in the list of people to be ignored.

If you ignore the information agents of government, what else would you rely on? EL RUFAI abi? Your suggestion is akin to asking a village community to ignore its own town criers. It's absurd.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Mallamabdul: 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
My own list is as follows:
1. Nasir El Rufai ( for all his lies)
2. Dino Melaye (for all his grandstanding)
3. Buhari ( for his bigotry)
4. APC (for mediocrity)
5. Lai Mohammed (for propaganda and blackmail)
6. GBAWE (for legendary stupidity on Nairaland)
7. DEMDEM (for lying as a proffession)
8. Fani kayode(for being a shameless yesterday man)
9. SAHARAREPORTERS (destination of falsehood)
10. Tinubu (for being a mischievous rogue)
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Louis88: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Mallamabdul: My own list is as follows:
1. Nasir El Rufai ( for all his lies)
2. Dino Melaye (for all his grandstanding)
3. Buhari ( for his bigotry)
4. APC (for mediocrity)
5. Lai Mohammed (for propaganda and blackmail)
6. GBAWE (for legendary stupidity on Nairaland)
7. DEMDEM (for lying as a proffession)
8. Fani kayode(for being a shameless yesterday man)
9. SAHARAREPORTERS (destination of falsehood)
10. Tinubu (for being a mischievous rogue)

grin SAHARA REPORTERS ought to be number 1. Good list though.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by ubandire(m): 8:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
@op, you missed it when you added Labaran Maku, NTA, Babangida and Ribadu to the list. As far as I'm concerned, those men have no business in that list. They do not talk anyhow but have distinguished themselves in the polity.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Itoroetti(m): 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
1 U ignored buhari who cried and said he'll never go to an appeal court for election petition and dat he'll never re-contest again but later changed his mindset and went to d appeal court and he's still eyeing 2015
2 u also ignored el-rufai who years ago said dat buhari is a corrupt politician but now he his a political tug boy of buhari.
3 u ignored tinubu who is d greatest wahala south west has since 99 and are still having,imposing all his family members and tugs on d government it occupies or has a say.we are waiting for a political appointment for his pet,I.e dogs.
Ur list is so myopic and self centered.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by divatosin(f): 2:13am On Feb 19, 2013
This is another unintelligent attack against Maku who is considered as the leading voice in president Jonathan's media war. I wonder why critics are so obsessed with him. The whole plot was thinly veiled and manifests in his designation as number one public official on the so called list. the likes of Babangida and Ribadu were involved just to lend credibility to the list.

It appears this is the latest strategy in series of plots to cut down the rising popularity of the minster.Many of such were tried last year but it failed woefully.
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Retardeen Reuben Abati
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by dridowu: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Countryman93:
Common s.hut your dirty mouth. What do you know about NTA/MAKU? These are institutions that exist to inform you about activities of government. If you ignore them, you do so at your own peril. No sensible person would include Maku and zNTA in the list of people to be ignored.

If you ignore the information agents of government, what else would you rely on? EL RUFAI abi? Your suggestion is akin to asking a village community to ignore its own town criers. It's absurd.
bros its seem wetin i rit dy vex u, ok sorry , anyway sha u fit go hang ursef if d tin still d pain u. Mumu
Re: Melaye, NTA, ribadu, Top 10 People In Politics To ABSOLUTELY Ignore In 201 by Bukkyade: 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
El rufai is the best person to be ignored this year. Yesterday, it was El Rufai v Jonathan. El Rufai v Obasanjo ElRufai v Atiku
and today it's ElRufai v Ribadu
Who's next?

(1) (Reply)

The Historical Plight And Precarious Future Of Igbo People In Nigeria - Dr. Kalu / Radio Astronomy:nigeria Builds Radiotelescopes/interferometer 4 Physics Research / Another Cash-strapped Aviation Agency, FAAN, Borrowed N1.3 Billion For Aviation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.