Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play (8301 Views)

Igbos Cannot Play Opposition Politics - Ngige / Pdp And The Fate Of Opposition Politics In Nigeria. / Can My Igbo Brothers Endure Opposition Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2016

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

I was on air today (TopRadio 90.9) to discuss with Chris and Stanley, the hosts on "Conversations"

You could read more about my experience here https://www.nairaland.com/2887160/radio-moment-discussing-politics

What you're about to read below is a write up which formed the basis of my conversation with two politically astute individuals @Demola @Stalyf and of course, the hosts.
smiley
Do read, learn, and enjoysmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎
Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by asEdeyHOT: 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP

I'm very interested if you addressed your claim that 105 soldiers are missing.

Last year the OP was the one that started the fake rumour that 105 soldiers died. She even went to the extent of lying that she spoke to her soldier friend who confirmed it. Such a very bad liar.

Any further developments?

Did you address this issue?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
smiley

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Mistura02: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Topeakintola: 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Attention seeker is here again

Let your words and actions do the talking instead of self publicity

Nobody cares if you went on air or not. Stop patronizing us

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by QuotaSystem: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Your post would have had some substance if you practiced what you preach, instead of opposing this Government with nothing but sentiments while advocating for the corrupt and failed Jonathan mal-administration.

On a side note, this aggressive self-marketing is not dignifying in the least.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Me when I hear the term "opposition" from tribalists

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by kossyablaze(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Rad1cal: 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Topeakintola:
[s]Attention seeker is here again

[/s]

Gerrahere ! No one forced you to open her thread and comment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

A fine evening to you Ladies and Gentlemensmiley

It is the duty of the opposition to criticize the ruling government when it hides from ‎its duties or conceals facts. This it must learn to do with every ounce of credibility. It has a duty to ensure that its stand is issue based, assertive and devoid of the attendant bile and bitterness which has mainly characterised our political landscape in recent times.

Sometimes though, the opposition tends to miss it. It is imperative that we lean to draw a fine line between playing opposition and sycophancy.

Opposition politics has to be people oriented. It always has to be chiefly about the people. A call to the wonderful world of politics should be ‎seen first and foremost as an opportunity to serve.

‎Whenever we hear the term opposition, our heads are synced already to the party wars and affiliations.
We think of effective opposition as being denigrative, insultive and what have you.
I will like to make it clear today that people who reason and act along those lines do not have best intentions for this nation...

What is the use of being an opposition person if my motives are not clearly defined?
What is the use if not to see my country better again.

Now it is not so much about what you are doing as the opposition, but how you are doing it.

Are you opposing constructively, or destructively?

The fact that a bad precedence has already been laid does not mean we can not do what we should to correct things.

I have decided to play my part by ensuring that whether I speak for or against this government, it should be from a standpoint of love, for this country, for my people and for my generations yet unborn.‎

Anything less is selfish and should not be promoted especially when key sensitive issues are on blast‎.

Nigeria needs selfless people.‎
People who have decided to rise above greed and avarice inorder to champion the cause of this nation. We need to put a stop to Machiavellian politics which has so saturated our climes with its cynical disregard fo‎r morality and promotion of self interest. 

I understand that politics is basically about the distribution of power and societal resources, however It's time we put a human and transcendental  face to politics.

We cannot become what we need by remaining what we are.‎

I love it! smiley smiley smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Candyrain(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by asEdeyHOT: 7:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Your post would have had some substance if you practiced what you preach, instead of opposing this Government with sentiments while advocating for the corrupt and failed Jonathan mal-administration.

I wonder ooo

She was campaigning for the release of Olisa Metuh, how about Dasuki and the northerners in custody?

Opposition politics, PDP style.

This is the second thread on her radio appearance like anyone gives a damn.

What are your suggestions to solve the nuisance called IPOb?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by baralatie(m): 7:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
if you keep looking at things in the pattern of "being a critique"..well you mind have a say and a point.
But like you wrote "a bad precedence has been set"
where "building up" was not the aim but "threshing down" to achieve power at the center was the aim!
to top it!the power at the center is autocratic and does not accept critique easily without revealing its historical "thrashing down"
the power in Nigeria's course is to stand with the truth!you stick with truth then you realise you have MORE IMPACT than trying to play "political golf"!

3 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I love it! smiley smiley smiley

Aren't you just lovely?smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
MizMyColi:
smiley

You are very beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Aren't you just lovely?smiley

smiley
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

You are very beautiful!

grin

As are you toosmiley
Thanks a million Dearie.

5 Likes

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
asEdeyHOT:
OP

I'm very interested if you addressed your claim that 105 soldiers are missing.

Last year the OP was the one that started the fake rumour that 105 soldiers died. She even went to the extent of lying that she spoke to her soldier friend who confirmed it. Such a very bad liar.

Any further developments?

Did you address this issue?
[/s]

mr man you're talking nonsense

face the topic and don't try in anyway derail this educative thread

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

grin

As are you toosmiley
Thanks a million Dearie.

Don't forget to download the book in the office tomorrow. wink kiss

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
asEdeyHOT:

I wonder ooo

She was campaigning for the release of Olisa Metuh, how about Dasuki and the northerners in custody?

Opposition politics, PDP style.

This is the second thread on her radio appearance like anyone gives a damn.

What are your suggestions to solve the nuisance called IPOb?
[/s]

Please if you don't give a damn kindly leave this thread don't derail it in anyway

Lalasticlala obinoscopy Mynd44 please take note
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Don't forget to download the book in the office tomorrow. wink kiss

Ohooo!
Thank you.
I'd forgotten sef.

I did download his audio books though.
Gosh, I was immensely helped.
Lol
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
QuotaSystem:
Your post would have had some substance if you practiced what you preach, instead of opposing this Government with nothing but sentiments while advocating for the corrupt and failed Jonathan mal-administration.

On a side note, this aggressive self-marketing is not dignifying in the least.
[/s]

Nonsense trash
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
MizMyColi:

Ohooo!
Thank you.
I'd forgotten sef.

I did download his audio books though.
Gosh, I was imensely helped.
Lol

I only listened to "A Wise Heart" several times grin cheesy, I did not listen to / read the other books. smiley

1 Like

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
Mynd44:
Me when I hear the term "opposition" from tribalists
[/s]

Why editing it grin
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by bloodykiller: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
Topeakintola:
Attention seeker is here again

[/s]

useless post
Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by asEdeyHOT: 8:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
bloodykiller:
[s][/s]

Please if you don't give a damn kindly leave this thread don't derail it in anyway

Lalasticlala obinoscopy Mynd44 please take note

Rubbish

I've not derailed the thread. I simply asked her a relevant question

She made a claim last year that 105 soldiers are missing and we are to finalise that issue

Does she have any further info on that issue?

Did she address the issue at the so called interview?

Or did she go there to ask for the release of Metuh who stole N400 million public money?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opposition Politics; To Play Or Not To Play by MizMyColi(f): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I only listened to "A Wise Heart" several times grin cheesy, I did not listen to / read the other books. smiley

cheesy
Interesting!

So help me God.
I am downloading first or second thing tomorrowsmiley

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9th Senate: Why I’m Supporting Lawan – Ifeanyi Ubah / Meet 13 Families That Control The World, Number 5 will shock you. / Throwback 1968 Children Were Recruited By Biafrans Commanders -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.