Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

African Americans Wearing African Attire. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Americans Wearing African Attire. (753 Views)

Which Other African Attire Do You Like? / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Americans Wearing African Attire. by razznaija(f): 1:24am On Feb 18, 2013
Hello Nlers, So i attend a predominantly African American church and you all that live in the states know that this month (February) is Black History Month.
There are also Caucasians,Hispanics and Africans that attend the church.
So this month, my pastor urged the members to wear African attire and since the first Sunday of this month all the members in the choir have been wearing 'African attire'
and as usual, some people tried while the others......well lipsrsealed. Something that i noticed about the male choir members attires was that, they wore hats in the sanctuary.
Now, i lived in Nigeria up till my teen years and not once did i see a man walk into a church wearing a hat, usually if they were wearing a hat, they would take it off before walking into the church.
I'm confused, when did Nigerians start wearing hats in church?
And i don't think that this is done in other countries,please if it is done in some other parts of Nigeria/Africa, can someone tell me where it is done?
Re: African Americans Wearing African Attire. by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 18, 2013
Re: African Americans Wearing African Attire. by Nobody: 3:59am On Feb 18, 2013
i think in southern Africa

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of This Proverb? / This Culture Of Lying Flat To Greet Elders / Earlier Appearance Of The Name Nigeria 1799

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.