Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai (864 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo / Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by bubadaniel13: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
The mystery over President Goodluck Jonathan’s alleged agreement with northern governors of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in 2011 not to contest the 2015 presidential election deepened, yesterday.

Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger State, who blew the lid on the issue, it was learnt, had warned his close associates and top aides not to comment on the matter. It was also learnt yesterday, that the governor may have been mandated to make the revelation on behalf of northern governors. Governor Aliyu is chairman of Northern Governors Forum.

2015-cartoon

Alhaji Tanko Yakassi, one of the leading members of the Northern Political Leaders Forum, NPLF, told Vanguard, yesterday, that an attempt by the forum to get the president to concede the 2015 presidential ticket to the north failed after two meetings.

Yakassi’s assertion, nonetheless, other northern opinion leaders, yesterday, pointed to President Olusegun Obasanjo’s claim on the final day of PDP campaigns where he was quoted as saying that President Jonathan would serve one term.

President’s supporters disparage claims

Supporters of the president last night disparaged the claims. Mr. Joe Ambakaderemo, national coordinator of South-South Elements Progressive Union, SSEPU, described the existence of the agreement as inconceivable, outlandish and myopic, saying Aliyu should wait till 2019 to realise his ambition.

Governor Aliyu had, in a radio interview on Saturday, claimed that the president reached an agreement not to contest the 2015 presidential election.

He said: “I recall that at the time he was going to declare for the 2011 election, all PDP governors were brought together to ensure that we were all in the same frame of mind.

“And I recall that some of us said that, given the circumstances of the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua and given the PDP zoning arrangement, it was expected that the North was to produce the president for a given number of years.

“I recall that at that discussion, it was agreed that Jonathan would serve only one term of four years and we all signed the agreement. Even when Jonathan went to Kampala, in Uganda, he also said he was going to serve a single term.”

Yesterday, attempts to get Governor Aliyu to elaborate on the nature of the agreement were not successful as it emerged that the governor had decided to shut himself away from further comments on the issue. It was learnt that he had strictly instructed aides and associates not to further discuss the issue.

Matter of honour

Meanwhile, Alhaji Yakassi, who was Special Adviser to President Shehu Shagari on National Assembly matters and was also a leading member of the NPLF, the northern group that championed a northern presidential candidate told Vanguard yesterday that following the PDP primaries efforts to get the president to agree to serve a single term did not break through.

Claiming ignorance of the alleged agreement with northern governors, Yakassi said it would be a matter of honour for the president, if he ever entered into such an agreement, for him to honour it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/2015-jonathan-didnt-sign-agreement-yakassai/
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
"Claiming ignorance of the alleged agreement with northern governors, Yakassi said it would be a matter of honour for the president, if he ever entered into such an agreement, for him to honour it."

An agreement is always an agreement!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by seunfly: 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
berem: "Claiming ignorance of the alleged agreement with northern governors, Yakassi said it would be a matter of honour for the president, if he ever entered into such an agreement, for him to honour it."

To me that statement does not say that president did not sign the agreements.
But he is talking about how honourable we Nigerians particulaly our leaders are. Do we do what we say we will do, that is y they will promise us something during campaing and they will forget about their electoral promises when they get that power.
To me we have to start taking all their promises as an agreement which we will use to hold them accountable.
Pls don't get me wrong it is not about jonathan but all our leaders from West to East, North to South.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by psucc(m): 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
But it seems to me that the Presidency is not an eclusive birthright of the North as they want us to believe. I am also convinced that one of the essential ingredients of the continuous existence of this entity called Nigeria is for one congruent part to play the fool and allow others to also have a taste of the puddy. This then would guarantee the safety and promote trust among us. Please i beseech our elites to give peace a chance.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by alkadriyar(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Agreement or no agreement, there is somthing am sure of. PDP will break-up seriously in 2015 and Nigeria will remain.

UP APC!
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by taharqa: 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
berem: "Claiming ignorance of the alleged agreement with northern governors, Yakassi said it would be a matter of honour for the president, if he ever entered into such an agreement, for him to honour it."

But many of u pips are rili rili Sillly and HYPOCRITICAL to booth, I swear. Shea u guys hv bn telling us hw both 'weak' and 'clueless' GEJ is; hw come his candidancy (assuming he even decides to run) is suddenly given u guys acute heart attack. Shldn't you guys be happy that you wud likely go against a 'clueless' Presidential candidate in 2015, so you guys can even then 'disgrace him back to Otuoke village' like u guys hv bn telling us for almost a year. I tire for una oo. Only a FOOOLISH Coward is afraid to do battle with a 'weak' opponent, dont you think??...

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: But many of u pips are rili rili Sillly and HYPOCRITICAL to booth, I swear. Shea u guys hv bn telling us hw both 'weak' and 'clueless' GEJ is; hw come his candidancy (assuming he even decides to run) is suddenly given u guys acute heart attack. Shldn't you guys be happy that you wud likely go against a 'clueless' Presidential candidate in 2015, so can you guys can even 'disgrace him back to Otuoke village' as u guys hv bn telling us for almost a year. I tire for una oo. Only a FOOOLISH Coward is afraid to do battle with a 'weak' opponent...
Here comes the Dumbtard again! i have told you to stop quoting me but you wouldn't listen.smh at your foolishness! grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by taharqa: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
berem: Here comes the Dumbtard again! i have told you to stop quoting me but you wouldn't listen.smh at your foolishness! grin
Actuali, you can stop my quoting you WHEN you quit bn Fooolish, and spewing same in public.. Let's just shake hands ova dat pact if you agree. Fair Deal, right??
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by slimghost(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: But many of u pips are rili rili Sillly and HYPOCRITICAL to booth, I swear. Shea u guys hv bn telling us hw both 'weak' and 'clueless' GEJ is; hw come his candidancy (assuming he even decides to run) is suddenly given u guys acute heart attack. Shldn't you guys be happy that you wud likely go against a 'clueless' Presidential candidate in 2015, so can you guys can even 'disgrace him back to Otuoke village' as u guys hv bn telling us for almost a year. I tire for una oo. Only a FOOOLISH Coward is afraid to do battle with a 'weak' opponent, dont you think??...

Well said!! Also help me tell some brain washed people on NL too
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: But many of u pips are rili rili Sillly and HYPOCRITICAL to booth, I swear. Shea u guys hv bn telling us hw both 'weak' and 'clueless' GEJ is; hw come his candidancy (assuming he even decides to run) is suddenly given u guys acute heart attack. Shldn't you guys be happy that you wud likely go against a 'clueless' Presidential candidate in 2015, so can you guys can even 'disgrace him back to Otuoke village' as u guys hv bn telling us for almost a year. I tire for una oo. Only a FOOOLISH Coward is afraid to do battle with a 'weak' opponent, dont you think??...
Very well said
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by thelastPope(m): 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2013

Dont you have little shame at all. Even if you have been paid, cant you do it in style?

How can someone claim in a democracy that he asked for an agreement for the president to do one term. Is such a person not a big foool? When did it become his right to rule Nigeria? Who told him he can hold the country to ransom? Those idiotas are still living in the 70s. They keep making statements like the north will do this or that. Which north? Where were they in the last election? SMH!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by PointB: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2013
taharqa: But many of u pips are rili rili Sillly and HYPOCRITICAL to booth, I swear. Shea u guys hv bn telling us hw both 'weak' and 'clueless' GEJ is; hw come his candidancy (assuming he even decides to run) is suddenly given u guys acute heart attack. Shldn't you guys be happy that you wud likely go against a 'clueless' Presidential candidate in 2015, so you guys can even then 'disgrace him back to Otuoke village' like u guys hv bn telling us for almost a year. I tire for una oo. Only a FOOOLISH Coward is afraid to do battle with a 'weak' opponent, dont you think??...

I wonder oo. Who will let pass a chance to deal with a 'weak' and 'clueless' president? Certainly not anyone sure of his mettle.
Re: 2015: Jonathan Didn’t Sign Agreement – Yakassai by taharqa: 10:02am On Feb 19, 2013
PointB:

I wonder oo. Who will let pass a chance to deal with a 'weak' and 'clueless' president? Certainly not anyone sure of his mettle.
I wonda oo...dat's why me am asking..

(1) (Reply)

We Will Dump Jonathan, PDP And Joinapc –angry PDP Governors / Do You Really Think Arunma Oteh Should Be Sacked? / New Political Group, APCN, Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.