Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo (20713 Views)

Buhari To Sign Budget Before Leaving For France Friday / "Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by mile12crises: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
ABUJA – Former president Olusegun Obasanjo Thursday displayed surprise over comments credited to the National Assembly that during his time, he signed budgets into law without seeing the details.
Obasanjo said that the purveyors of the news at the National Assembly needed to be contacted the second time to prove the authenticity of the information.

The former president also feigned ignorance of the travails of the senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal over false assets declaration. He spoke tacitly to the State House Correspondents after a private meeting with president Mohammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja on Thursday. The interview which was very brief but laced with humors ran thus: Purpose of visit “You know that not too long ago I was out there and I came to share some of my experiences with him.” What are those experiences ? “If I say I share experiences with my wife, will you ask what I discussed with my wife?” You were mentioned as signing budgets without the details during your time.

Did the issue of budget come up in the meeting with the president? “Emm, I signed budget without details? Anybody who told you that, go and ask him again” Tell us your feelings about the 2916 budget and the issues “To be able to tell you about the budget I have to read the budget to know it contains and what it doesn’t.” The delays in signing the budget and the attendant effect on Nigerians “No. The constitution allows you to continue with the budget provided you did not go beyond the previous year and that can be done uptill the middle of the year.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/didnt-sign-budget-without-details-obasanjo/

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by fashoo2010(m): 6:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
How can a president/Governor/chairman sign budget without seeing the full details of the approved budget from the house. Must we turn everything to politics in this country.

FTC

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Budget don land. OBJ don show to demand for his share as APC navigator during the 2015 election..

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by mile12crises: 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
Remember, this was how OBJ was visiting GEJ and still went behind him and plan a gang up to remove him,
OBJ is a double-faced orangutan, he is happy that buhari is failing, many people are praying for buhari to fail including me just as he buhari made GEJ government ungovernable

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Fmartin(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba i think only a fool will sign witout details.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Histrings08(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba don tell DEm... OK we don hear
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Alexikarri: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
Only a GEJ can sign the budget with out details

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Mcpadosky(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
baba what did u expect from dem, frustration is really killing dem. In sen ali ndume's voice, electoral shock is worse than electric shock. bunch of noise makers

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by GudluckIBB(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Fmartin:
Baba i think only a fool will sign witout details.. grin

Gej comes to my mind right now!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by kingsman66(m): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
I just watch it right now on channels obj is just a wailer

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Tonydeeb(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba Iyabo has spoken.
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Mmmtcchew and so what, as if your government was a success

5 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by 4nobody4every1: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
" The former president also feigned ignorance of the travails of the senate president, Dr. Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal over false assets declaration. He spoke tacitly to the State House Correspondents after a private meeting with president Mohammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja on Thursday. The interview which was very brief but laced with humors ran thus: Purpose of visit “You know that not too long ago I was out there and I came to share some of my experiences with him.” What are those experiences ? “If I say I share experiences with my wife, will you ask what I discussed with my wife?” You were mentioned as signing budgets without the details during your time ". cool

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by daveyjay(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari miqht do just that due to his heiqht of cluelessness...

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Flexherbal(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Baba is enjoying himself in this administration,
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Dottore: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Too tired to comment. Reading your comments though
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by BUSHHUNTER: 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Buhari!!! Sign budget b4 I go and kill myself!

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by henrydadon(m): 10:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
obansolo..godfather of corruption

8 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by odinese(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
[size=16pt]what did this old man's budget did to the life of poor Nigerians sef? [/size]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by canalily(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
How can you prepare a budget with details let alone signingundecided
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by henrydadon(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
okezed:
In the just concluded wrestlemenia Vincent MacMahon sent his son to face undisputable Undertaker inside hell in cell. The young man presented a heroic outing by risking everything for legacy of his forefathers which his father had given to his son inlaw triple H. Shane MacMahon asked his father Vincent MacMahon to maintain the legacy of their forefathers by allowing him to control Monday night raw as it's his birthright but his father preferred his son inlaw triple H instead of his son Shene . As Shane continue to ask for what is rightfully belong to him, his father give him a condition which is to fight the Undertaker inside hell in cell. He agreed to make a last deal with the devil. when the music played " here comes the moneyyyy" the WWE fans all over the universe stood up for him, joined by the legacy his three sons. before then he was an underdog. when the HELL BELL rang darkness fell, Shane was left alone inside the steel, panting as he struggled to view his father's instrument of destruction approaching him in a slow motion like movement and finally closed the steel door behind him. Shane knew it will not be easy as his father had said , if he dare defeat the undertaker that the dead man will never partake in any subsequent wrestlemania in his life. During the contest Shane was trying to use some smart move until he landed in the dead man's hand. The dead man break him to shrewd until he managed to take advantage of the dead man's mistake and give him a good fight, he nearly pin the undertaker to submission but the Undertaker was too big for him to squeeze to submission. A man that had left wrestling for the past seven years has almost exhausted all the strength in him . As the dead man was laying inside the steel Shane was looking for an escape before the dead man caught him and use his body to brake open the steel door . before then Shane had placed the dead man on the announcement table and busted him open , so the undertaker wanted revenge on that by placing Shane on the announcement table but it backfired . Shane managed to lay hold on toolbox and hit the dead man with it and repeated it , the undertaker was almost gone but Shane made what surprise the WWE universe. In attempt to finish the dead to eternal defeat that would have chartered the dead man's much decorated legacy, Shane looked up as he could barley stand he looked up a gain and started climbing the 20ft steel cage to the surprise of everybody, getting to the roof he looked down the dead man was still laying lifeless on the announcement table . Shane surprise even father who earlier disowned him and call him son of bi.ch by flying off from 20ft all because he is wanted to control Monday night raw as his inheritance and to pass it to his children and sighting him landing like COBRA jet on a mission the dead man run for his life by jumping out of the way and Shane got crashing like nija Alfa jet , he could barely move the dead man managed to stand and staggered ,struggled and pick his piece took him inside the hell in cell and rest Shane in peace in the presence of his three sons. The dream was shattered inside hell in cell. Ambulance came and pick pieces of Shane. The world was waiting for the rest of the news concerning Shane probably on the next day which is Monday night raw . As stage was set Vincent MacMahon took his usual jibe on his son after insulting him on how his instrument of destruction had decimated him he acknowledged that Shane surprised him by jumping from that height. As he was about leave the music played " here comes the moneyyyyy" lo and behold Shane with swollen chick to the surprise of everybody. His said to him I thought by now you will be in hospital, Shane said to him I just came to say goodbye and shake your hand as a man. He thanked the fans for their support and dropped the mic and left dejected . Vicious MacMahon has no option than to reward his exploit at wrestlemania by calling him back and said you want control of Monday night raw you have it. Today the new manager of Monday nigtht raw is Shane MacMahon , her SISTER Stephanie can no longer display her arrogance . Lesson: go for what rightfully belong to you, fight for even at your defeat God still crown your effort with great success.
to slap u just dey hungry me

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by canalily(m): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
How can you prepare a budget without details let alone signingundecided
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by eDeity: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Old cargo!!!

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by donbugy(m): 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by GenOrumov: 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
@ okezed

I like as you divert our attention from the issue at hand come give us wrestlemania.

You deserve to fight undertaker in the ring....

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by TeamSimple(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
Omo abule sowo - MA pe laye bi ti Ebora owu.

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by Mutuwa(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
fashoo2010:
How can a president/Governor/chairman sign budget without seeing the full details of the approved budget from the house. Must we turn everything to politics in this country.

This is what the misguided many want PMB to do,little did they know that the cow milk he takes arguments intelligence grin

3 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by yanabasee(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
This isn't funny anymore... Why is the budget not given full attention? Why is Mr integrity taking things lightly.. Knowing fully well that this single budget signing is destroying lives somewhere outside the state house.....

Why is Buhari playing politics with people's life? Now, the constitution says he could extend the signing till the middle of the year... All this is to prove how incompetent this administration is...

PMS is scarce... There is no NEPA to speak of.. Garri is now sold at 3cups/N100 without jara.... Life's gradually becoming unbearable for the common Nigerians..... Salaries are paid in halves.....

Is this what we voted for?

People keep telling me to wait that things will get better... And I ask them when.. They will say when Buhari is settled to diversify the economy... As if PMB has any knowledge of what being a president is all about.....

There is no job.... No hope for the youths... And nobody shld tell me to go and be an entrepreneur... When there is no premium...

I wish GEJ hadn't given up his sit for a junketing president...

9 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by canalily(m): 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Oh shocked is it 2916 we are even dragging? undecided i thought its this hardend 2016 budget

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by falzone: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
ok sir
Re: I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo by modath(f): 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Just write the guy a letter!!

We all know wetin dey happen to recipients of OBJ's missives, Saraki received not loong ago & life dey use am play table tennis!

Dogara, loading!! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Confusion Over Travel Ban List As Presidency, Immigration, Customs Differ / We Have More Recordings Of Amaechi Saying Terrible Things About Buhari - Reno / Security: Oyo State Government Donates 35 Refurbished Patrol Vehicles, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.