Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

BB Q10 Hot Or Not? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BB Q10 Hot Or Not? (3170 Views)

BB Q10 Keeps On Restarting Displaying Error 'www.bberror.com/bb10-0020[SOLVED] / ADVICE NEEDED: Infinix Hot Or Infinix Hote Note, Which Of Them Should I Buy? / If You Are Yet To Receive Your Free 500mb From Etisalat On Infinix Hot Or Zero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Elxandre(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
I want you guys to go through gsmarena full review on the q10 and see how hot it is featurewise. http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z10-review-886.php

To be honest its the hottest BB ever and it can really withstand those droids out there.
It can even create QR codes!

So what do you think?

Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
Such a shame that you don't even know the phone you're rooting for.

GSMArena reviewed the Z10 and you're here babbling about the Q10.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Also the Z10 isn't that hot featurewise. It's less powerful than the iPhone 5 and several Android devices and lacks the sheer number of quality apps.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by ciphoenix: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
tell him. withstand ke. it'll get blown away
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Elxandre(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
texazzpete: Also the Z10 isn't that hot featurewise. It's less powerful than the iPhone 5 and several Android devices and lacks the sheer number of quality apps.

Come on that was a typo. I meant z10
And i of course know its not on the same level with an sgs3 or iphone5. I just liked the new os with its brand new interface.. it actually has some power in it. 2gb ram aint a joke as well as having the fastest browser on any phone.. Pls get well informed before making some posts
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by ciphoenix: 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
fastest browser you say
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
Elxandre:

Come on that was a typo. I meant z10
And i of course know its not on the same level with an sgs3 or iphone5. I just liked the new os with its brand new interface.. it actually has some power in it. 2gb ram aint a joke as well as having the fastest browser on any phone.. Pls get well informed before making some posts

So you fell for the marketing speak hook, line and sinker? It has the highest HTML5 test scores (which can easily be artificially coded). that does not translate to 'fastest browser on any phone'. in the Sunspider javascript browser benchmarks, the Z10 scored lower than most other flagship phones from 2012.

You're asking me to get 'well informed'. Hehe! Unlike you, i don't have to go to GSMArena before I can talk authoritatively on the Z10.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by UncleJJ(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
the new bb are cool. some people drive beamers, others benzes.

the x10 and z10 are definately going to be hotsellers. in the us and ng. regardless of what people say. if ur a bb owner and love the messenger and are interestes in the new properties and capabilties of new mobile os'es.

you should get the z10, i dont see tje x10 selling that hard. the bb messenger has now become the yahoo messenger of the new technology era.

lil sis is getting one next month....jump on the bandwagon.

p.s...get a white one if you can.....sleek and classy...
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 9:13am On Feb 21, 2013
UncleJJ: the new bb are cool. some people drive beamers, others benzes.

the x10 and z10 are definately going to be hotsellers. in the us and ng. regardless of what people say. if ur a bb owner and love the messenger and are interestes in the new properties and capabilties of new mobile os'es.

you should get the z10, i dont see tje x10 selling that hard. the bb messenger has now become the yahoo messenger of the new technology era.

lil sis is getting one next month....jump on the bandwagon.

p.s...get a white one if you can.....sleek and classy...

The Z10 will not be a hotseller in the US. Nigeria and South Africa, yes.

There's nothing like the X10

I've got a white Z10 cheesy
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Z8(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2013
texazzpete:

So you fell for the marketing speak hook, line and sinker? It has the highest HTML5 test scores (which can easily be artificially coded). that does not translate to 'fastest browser on any phone'. in the Sunspider javascript browser benchmarks, the Z10 scored lower than most other flagship phones from 2012.

You're asking me to get 'well informed'. Hehe! Unlike you, i don't have to go to GSMArena before I can talk authoritatively on the Z10.
emm excuse me but there is a Q10
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 10:17am On Feb 21, 2013
Z8:
emm excuse me but there is a Q10

If you need help, I can assist you in acquiring glasses. Show me where I said there's no Q10.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Z8(m): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
texazzpete:

If you need help, I can assist you in acquiring glasses. Show me where I said there's no Q10.
Wrong quote..but if that's what's biting you get me the glasses
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by dsaynt: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
Lmao! you r all very funny. Bickering over typos etc. Anyways there is a blackberry Z10 and a Q10(which should be due early April). As for speed tests etc, depends on the conditions which it is tested on. Blackberry has never been strong in the USA but it is quite strong in the emerging markets (indoneasia, Nigeria etc). When it comes to pros and cons, all phones have them. The iPhone for instance would never appeal to me becos of its closed ecosystem and the whole tiresome 'everything must go through iTunes' experience. Its a good phone all the same and hardly ever crashes. Android phones on the other hand are open hence has its security challenges (malware anyone?), blackberry might not have the best user experience(like the iPhone) or customability (like Andriod phones) but it does what it does well best...handling emails etc (the iPhone etc still come 2nd in this regards). As for Apps...the so called huge iPhone app world is not actually all that...most are duplicates and useless...whats with a fart app? If you prune them down to useful apps you find out that iPhone apps and android apps are aroubd the same number(blackberry is not up to them but close-if u r judging on useful apps). Thats my own twopence on the phones. In conclusion the Z10 is a lovely phone (and I know naija peeps....they'd buy it in droves)

1 Like

Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2013
dsaynt: Lmao! you r all very funny. Bickering over typos etc. Anyways there is a blackberry Z10 and a Q10(which should be due early April). As for speed tests etc, depends on the conditions which it is tested on. Blackberry has never been strong in the USA but it is quite strong in the emerging markets (indoneasia, Nigeria etc). When it comes to pros and cons, all phones have them. The iPhone for instance would never appeal to me becos of its closed ecosystem and the whole tiresome 'everything must go through iTunes' experience. Its a good phone all the same and hardly ever crashes. Android phones on the other hand are open hence has its security challenges (malware anyone?), blackberry might not have the best user experience(like the iPhone) or customability (like Andriod phones) but it does what it does well best...handling emails etc (the iPhone etc still come 2nd in this regards). As for Apps...the so called huge iPhone app world is not actually all that...most are duplicates and useless...whats with a fart app? If you prune them down to useful apps you find out that iPhone apps and android apps are aroubd the same number(blackberry is not up to them but close-if u r judging on useful apps). Thats my own twopence on the phones. In conclusion the Z10 is a lovely phone (and I know naija peeps....they'd buy it in droves)

The ignorance is strong in this one.
You complain about iPhone having a 'closed ecosystem' yet you do not realize that BB10 isn't that much more open. There is no malware problem on Android if you restrict your apps to Google Play apps and sideload only from reputable sources.

With BB10, emails are treated just the same way as iOS and Android right now. No more routing through BB servers.

Still talking about fart apps in 2013? You're laughable. No Instagram, no Skype, loads of banking apps, thousands of popular games, no support from many many fitness hardware, No Microsoft smartglass, no plans from Sony to support 'second device' functionality with the PS4...

The Z10 will do well in Nigeria. There's no doubt about that. It's a pretty good phone. I should know, I've got one. But it's not better than the likes of the S3 and note II...and it's going head to head with much more powerful phones with more mature OSes.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by dsaynt: 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Lol...seems you pick n choose what u want. I never said the blackberry ecosystem was open...though in terms of open ecosystems its better than the iPhone. As for the fart apps i was only by sacarstic (Hope you know what than means..Lol). Anyways I'm not here to join issues with you. My sole aim was to point out that the Z10 isn't as bad as people make it out. Compared to the S3 and iPhone 5 its greta but then again S4 should be out in April so it would take over again as the king. iPhones are just rip offs in my opinion. Every 6months they add something small that they already had before but dos of their greed they make those apple fanboys go buy new phones every 6months or so. Though I love blackberry, I acknowledge they are still behind the others especially andriod phones. However they are catching up even if its slow. I own both blackberry and andriod phones so I'm in a position to compare. Both great phones but as for iPhones, i reserve my comments(though its obvious i dont like them). In closing, the Z10 would do well in Nigeria till some folks realise no more BIS as we know it...no more unlimited data
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by texazzpete(m): 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
dsaynt: Lol...seems you pick n choose what u want. I never said the blackberry ecosystem was open...though in terms of open ecosystems its better than the iPhone. As for the fart apps i was only by sacarstic (Hope you know what than means..Lol). Anyways I'm not here to join issues with you. My sole aim was to point out that the Z10 isn't as bad as people make it out. Compared to the S3 and iPhone 5 its greta but then again S4 should be out in April so it would take over again as the king. iPhones are just rip offs in my opinion. Every 6months they add something small that they already had before but dos of their greed they make those apple fanboys go buy new phones every 6months or so. Though I love blackberry, I acknowledge they are still behind the others especially andriod phones. However they are catching up even if its slow. I own both blackberry and andriod phones so I'm in a position to compare. Both great phones but as for iPhones, i reserve my comments(though its obvious i dont like them). In closing, the Z10 would do well in Nigeria till some folks realise no more BIS as we know it...no more unlimited data

I knew what 'sarcastic' meant when you were still drinking breast milk. You spelled it wrong, though cheesy

Moving from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5, Apple made it thinner, lighter, made the screen bigger and upped the resolution. They improved the camera, doubled the RAM, upgraded the CPU to a very fast new Soc and upgraded the GPU to market leading specs (better than any Android phone out there). They also added LTE. Don't buy into the silly narrative that the updates to the iPhone 4S were very small.

nobody said the Z10 was not a very good device. just temper your expectations.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by dsaynt: 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2013
Lol...at the milk drinking. I bow to your wisdom o great old one. I agree with the upgrade in iPhone 5 from 4s. My grouse with apple is the 'upgrades'that they have from the 3 to 3s and 4 to 4s. Rip offs. The 5 is only the one they made something slightly different from the old phones...the first radical change from the 3 and 4series. The maps was a joke, lack of in built youtube silly. All in a bid to be fully closed n keep out others. Now to the other issue, the hype about the Z10 is because it is a radical change from the old bbs not that people think it would beat the andriods and the iphones out there. Issue i have with apple is the closed ecosystem and most importantly is their pechant for tweaking a few things that they had d capacity for doing before they launched the prior phone and then launch it as a new phone (add an S after the number....Lol). A typical apple rip off.
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by samenet(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
I Want to go for BB 10, but whats the comparison between BB Z 10 and BB Q 10?. Thanks
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by walcolm(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2013
samenet: I Want to go for BB 10, but whats the comparison between BB Z 10 and BB Q 10?. Thanks

i think the Q10 will have a few specs that are different from the Z10 but more importantly, it will have a physical Keyboard like the 9900 etc. you can buy either but if you are an existing user who prefers physical keyboard, then you can wait for the Q10
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by walcolm(m): 7:01am On Feb 25, 2013
texazzpete:

Moving from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5, Apple made it thinner, lighter, made the screen bigger and upped the resolution. They improved the camera, doubled the RAM, upgraded the CPU to a very fast new Soc and upgraded the GPU to market leading specs (better than any Android phone out there). They also added LTE. Don't buy into the silly narrative that the updates to the iPhone 4S were very small.

nobody said the Z10 was not a very good device. just temper your expectations.

if we follow the same line of reasoning, Blackberry (RIP RIMM) has done more than Apple did moving from iPhone 4S to 5...Z10 is thinner, 0.7" bigger screen than the BB torches and resolution never heard of in BB world. improved the camera, more than doubled the memory on the 9900, major upgrades to the CPU and GPU than on any BB ever and of course there's LTE...the OS is way better than any BB owner ever imagined they would see on a BB

don't you think they have really done a good job and deserve some applause for even making the effort. BlackBerry has been clear on getting into hardware specs war! they clearly stated they would not. A review of the hardware in the Z10 has shown they used the very best hardware you can find in any flagship phone with the exception of Apple's custom CPU

Cut them some slack dude
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by skribz: 4:00am On Aug 07, 2013
I want to buy the iphone5 any gig bt a fairly used one tho, hit me if you selling and let me kno d price
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Bbdealer(m): 11:10am On Aug 07, 2013
I've got a white 16gb iphone5 call me on 07038888409
Re: BB Q10 Hot Or Not? by Ayodootcom: 7:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Check this out

(1) (Reply)

6 Premium Android Phones/tablets You Can Purchase For ₦9,999+ From Konga.com / First Glimpse Of Next-generation Tecno Tablets Which Runs On Remix OS 2.0 / I Broke My Nokia 5:5 Things To Note About The Nokia 5 + Infinix Note 4 Vs Nokia5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.