Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article (23352 Views)

Holy Molly! See The Handiwork Of Kanye On Kim / Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Blue Ivy Vs North West On Kim K's New Nude Photo / Revealed: You Won't Believe Who Rubbed The Oil On Kim Kardashian's Body For PM! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by 5much(m): 7:26am On Feb 19, 2013
$500,000(N80million) to bring kim k to Naija. WOW!
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2013
Felixalex: First to comment exists even on yahoonews cheesy

And nairaland is punishing people for comment position.

Nairaland, pls learn from yahoonews.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Notice how you used Pink's video. Did you know that she was doing heroin and other recreational drugs as early as age 11? She turned her life and is a pop sensation globally. Don't tell your kids about her though. Those mistakes in her past have long deemed her unworthy to society.[/size]

Why will I not tell my kids about her? I love Pink's music. they are inspirational. if she did heroine in her youth, turned her life around and decided to warn girls about the negative influence of media, all the better!!! more reason for me to show her to my children!!

how do you compare this with Kim, what exactly should I show to my child about kim as a source of inspiration? grow a big silicon butt so you can be famous for no talent? undecided jump from man to man (preferably football stars and rappers) to increase your popularity?

Barbara Walters' commentary on the Kardashians hit the nail on the head! she called them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YMV05HosIo

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 19, 2013
c.fours:
[size=16]Why will I not tell my kids about her? I love Pink's music. they are inspirational. if she did heroine in her youth, turned her life around and decided to warn girls about the negative influence of media, all the better!!! more reason for me to show her to my children!![/size]

how do you compare this with Kim, what exactly should I show to my child about kim as a source of inspiration? grow a big silicon butt so you can be famous for no talent? undecided jump from man to man (preferably football stars and rappers) to increase your popularity?

Barbara Walters' commentary on the Kardashians hit the nail on the head!

[size=13pt]Bia. Help me decide in which language to laugh at you.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2013
manny4life: That court stuff was all a charade, played by the book scene.

Bottom line is I don't care about her past, but damn, she's still doing worse more. Anyway, God bless her hustle...

[size=13pt]You care. You've been posting about the issue for x hours lol.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Joe50(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2013
am i seeing $500,000 being paid for her to come and host show, what? What a money!

Abeg make una help me convert am to naira!
How much be that?

How can you invite a prostitute and expect good thing to come out from her.

To me she has no talent, there are many talented celeb out there.

People that made the decision of inviting her her egg head.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You know that tape was leaked without her consent right? One company bought the rights to that video from Ray J for $1 million and released it. She filed a lawsuit and settled out of court for $5 million, five times more than what Ray J got, put the issue behind her, and used her money to make more money. Now she's worth over $40 million. That is taking lemons and making lemonade at its peak.[/size]

Am waiting for you to do thesame. Stop glorifying ashawo.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88:

]Bia. Help me decide in which language to laugh at you.

well,you didn't answer the question.
I can sit down in front of the tv and watch a PINK! music video with my kid. her songs are inspirational. Just as I can sit in the living room and watch a genevive nnaji movie with my daughter. despite their pasts. Sunny Okosun, Ebenezer Obey and many other entertainers in naija turned around to start singing gospel music despite their past. My family listens to them every sunday morning. that's a commendable thing.

you cannot possibly say the same for Kim K or Paris Hilton. trash trash trash!!!what exactly are you trying to argue sef?
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 8:00am On Feb 19, 2013
okpara ugo:

Am waiting for you to do thesame. Stop glorifying ashawo.

GBAM
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 19, 2013
I hear
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by seunajia: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2013
Ogugua88's comments is reflective of the "he no concern me" attitude Nigerians have almost fully imbibed. Evil can go on as far as it's not in my domain.

In the past, In Yorubaland, a child that errs on the streets is immediately called to caution by adults around. Hence the saying agba ki wa loja kori omo tuntun wo. But these days we have what I call pseudofreedom, the child is now quick to reply "baba kilo kan yinbe", "baba aproko" instead of feeling the guilt of a wrong doing and mending his ways.

Things have really changed and it's sad. The BH issue in the north is partly not being properly tackled because it is yet to get to Lagos/the south. Everyday I see comments as "they should just keep it there o", "they should not come to Lagos/the south o".

Same goes for almost all our national life.

Sad cry

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Ichiddy: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2013
lol.....
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 19, 2013
[size=13pt]Meanwhile, "e concern us" mentality led to ALUU 4.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 8:25am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Meanwhile, "e concern us" mentality led to ALUU 4.[/size]

well, that's the whole point.

things like ALUU 4 has been happening in naija for ages. and usually nobody says or does anything because "e no concern me"
The fact that people all over nigeria took notice and condemned it very publicly this time around is what we should be celebrating because it gives a warning to other perpetrators to think before they do any such thing in the future!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by nitlad: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2013
Cl!it Kathrashian desrves every vitriolic diatribe coming her way! She has earned it. Her s3x-tapoe made sure of that!
If she didn't leak the tape, and she also settled out of court, should it not have been taken off the internet? Why is there still a website charging for it to be downloaded? undecided
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 19, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Meanwhile, "e concern us" mentality led to ALUU 4.[/size]
You dont have to argue with them, it appears to me that these critics hardly know anything about Kim K; This is a lady who turned the negative energy into positivity, and create a wealthy life out of nothing. Many of our ladies here still depend on their boyfriends to buy them recharge card, yet they criticize a lady who create an empire out of spousal abuse.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2013
nitlad: Cl!it Kathrashian desrves every vitriolic diatribe coming her way! She has earned it. Her s3x-tapoe made sure of that!
If she didn't leak the tape, and she also settled out of court, should it not have been taken off the internet? Why is there still a website charging for it to be downloaded? undecided
The reason is simple. She is a brand and you are not. Now, should the world blame her cos she was a victim to boyfriend abuse ? Should she, just like an average critic recoil to her momthers kitchen and stay a victim all her life ? I personally know Kim Kardashian is cut out of steel. She is a victor.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire: The reason is simple. She is a brand and you are not[b]. Now, should the world blame her cos she was a victim to boyfriend abuse ?[/b] Should she, just like an average critic recoil to her momthers kitchen and stay a victim all her life ? I personally know Kim Kardashian is cut out of steel. She is a victor.

boyfriend abuse? are you ok? I think you are confusing Kim K with Rihanna.
do your google search before commenting abeg.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by omoodeogere(m): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2013
who care
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Exponental(m): 8:46am On Feb 19, 2013
Why dis topic?? Inferiority complex I think.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by nitlad: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire: The reason is simple. She is a brand and you are not. Now, should the world blame her cos she was a victim to boyfriend abuse ? Should she, just like an average critic recoil to her momthers kitchen and stay a victim all her life ? I personally know Kim Kardashian is cut out of steel. She is a victor.
What spousal abuse are you bleating about? Elucidate Mister! undecided

Her s3x tape was a well ochestrated scheme to shoot her to lime-light!!!!!!!! Let her own up to that!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by leftone: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2013
No wonder she is tired! Pregnant Kim Kardashian looks exhausted following 20 hour flight after jetting to Nigeria for $500,000 fleeting visit

She just endured a 20 hour flight after jetting to Nigeria for less than a day.
So it was no wonder Kim Kardashian looked exhausted as she touched down at LAX airport on Monday.
While she had a full application of make-up applied to her visage, the pregnant star appeared sleepy-eyed as she walked through the terminal.
The 31-year-old reality star kept her bump hidden beneath a simple white shirt which she teamed with black trousers.
But she did manage a smile for the cameras, perhaps glad to be home.
The 32-year-old tweeted: 'Just landed back home! 20 hrs of flying. No big deal.'
Following her controversial trips to the Middle East and the Ivory Coast earlier this year, the reality star headed to Nigeria on Sunday.
Despite staying less than a day in the city of Lagos, she was paid a reported $500,000 for her fleeting visit, angering some commentators in the African country.
Kim's visit to Nigeria unfortunately coincided with the kidnapping of seven foreigners, including one Briton, by armed men in the north of the country. An Islamist group later claimed responsibility.
The mother-to-be was billed to 'co-host' the Love Like A Movie event with African R'n'B crooner Darey Art-Alade, for which tickets cost N100,000, or $640.
But according to local reports, Kim stayed at the event for 45 minutes, making a 45-second statement on the microphone.
Independent Nigerian TV station Channels Television reported: 'There were disappointments after Kim Kardashian came on stage for only 40 seconds.'
The channel posted pictures of the smiling star wearing a black leather dress, posing alongside the performers including 2Face, Waje, Banky W, Ice Prince, Mo’Eazy and Zaina.
Guardian blogger Jeremy Weate described how Kim's visit was an example of the country's economic elite 'blowing its money on bling puffery while most of the country suffers'.
He wrote: 'Ms Kardashian appeared, said, "Hey Naija" and vamoosed. The rumour was that she'd been paid 500,000 Benjamins for the honour of mixing with the petro-class.'

SOURCE....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2280814/Kim-Kardashian-looks-exhausted-following-20-hour-flight-jetting-Nigeria-500-000-fleeting-visit.html
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by deelobe: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2013
tongue that's good for them. All these talks about Kim makes my stomach turn she is over rated and it's really irritating. The girl only came for the money. Someone that got married for the money and was separated almost immediately after. Good for the organizers. They should have found out how popular she is in Nigeria. As for that reporter may hammer from heaven land on his head for wrongfully bad mouthing nigerians lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2013
Some people don't know how to refocus arguments and are gradually been dragged into positions they didn't initially set out to defend.

Meanwhile their pseudo admirers are quick to jump to their defence.

Some good points made, but you are being dragged to the wrong corner.

Just my half time commentary.

....oya round 2 gbengen..gbengen
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by seunajia: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2013
It baffles me why anyone would use the Aluu4 incident as an example of the "he concern me" attitude. Jungle justice is clear evil. OMG it's an aberration!

It is okay, Kim K is a victor in so far she is making money. Money, that's all that counts. It is okay our young ladies can go her way too, money is all that matters. Anything to make money cry

For the sake of equilibrium, Nobody holy pass. The greatest critiques of Kim K are men. The likes that love to see her raunchy photos. But that's not all that matters.

Kim K should never be anyone's celebrity or role model. Her lifestyle is unenviable. But she makes money though, $18m last year! shocked undecided

[size=5pt]If she stops being whorestile, Cossy's jugs is still available grin tongue[/size]
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by seunajia: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2013
The poster that posted before my earlier post is high on cheap Ijebu-flakes grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by nlofficial(m): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2013
When I say shes a celebrated ho, some morons will start attacking me. She's legally married to Kris Humphries and still shaggging Kanye West and also carrying Kanye's baby. SMH!

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Willy7(m): 9:42am On Feb 19, 2013
Pls i need a clearification here,Is this the same lady that is pregnant for another man while still married to another?because i keep reading about some old sextape and how she picked herself up and bcame an entrepreneau and stuffs here.Has she really given up on that old life?Was that sextape actually a mistake,given her present pregnancy and marriage saga?Im not judging or insulting her,but i really want to know the bases and rational of those defending her,though i dnt support those insulting her.No one is perfect anyway.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thin Tall Tony Celebrates Valentine With A Family Photo / Bobrisky: "Mompha And I Never Dated" Video / Wizkid And Burna Boy Show Their Shaku Shaku Dancing Skills In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.