Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article (23360 Views)

Holy Molly! See The Handiwork Of Kanye On Kim / Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Blue Ivy Vs North West On Kim K's New Nude Photo / Revealed: You Won't Believe Who Rubbed The Oil On Kim Kardashian's Body For PM! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kim Kardashian went to Nigeria to promote a party. Stop, we can feel your eye roll from here. That said, we were wondering what her reception was like and (surprise?) it appears Nigerians dislike Kardashian as much as most Americans do—but for completely different reasons. The reason Kardashian was there was that she was co-hosting something called the "Love ... Like a Movie" event with an R&B singer who isn't as famous her—and she stayed all of 45 minutes. With that, we present how well her visit went over in Nigeria and African media: Never mind that there are rumors of that Kardashian was paid $500,000, at least one Nigerian newspaper sees Kim as the sign that Nigeria is a draw for the rich and famous.

Kim Kardashian Is Scamming Nigerian Scammers

"As the disgruntled tweets flowed out on my timeline, I thought of Special K, comfy in her jimjams, the plane rising gradually above the Atlantic, safe from all Lagos harm, smiling to herself that she’d actually 419’d the 419ers," writes Jeremy Weate for the Africa Is a Country blog. There's a tad bit of explaining here. The 419ers he's referring to is the slang for the Internet scammers from Nigeria who send us all those emails with elaborate stories that promise us riches for just a little cooperation (and money). By getting paid a ton of money but only staying at the event for a little while, Kardashian had pulled off a bit of a scam herself:

Who Is Kim Kardashian?

Is she a reality show freak? An A-list celebrity? Perhaps the most knowing Kim Kardashian responses were the trolls on the Nairaland Forum—which sort of seems like a Nigerian version of Reddit, where they played a simple game of "Who Is Kim Kardashian?"

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-not-impressed-kim-kardashian-192711617.html
Apparently, she "419'd the 419-ers". and Nairaland was quoted in the article.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Chinwem(f): 10:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Amazing!!! cheesy
Lol @ 419-ed the 419ers
Chei!!!!!! Naija don suffer no be small
I don't know wether to laugh or cry

"So essentially, Kardashian swindled the people wealthy enough and dumb enough to spend a lot of money on tickets to see her, the way Weate believes wealthy Nigerians have screwed the poor."

See nairaland oh! You don enter yahoo news! Complete with quotes from Brand new and co.........you guys are now famous.......lol

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by otipoju(m): 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kim kardashian. Kim kardashian, kim kardashian, kim kardashian. Kim kardashian,kim kardashian, kim kardashian. As I am pronouncing ur name, I am checking to see if the money in my account is increasing... After seven tries, it is not. I guess ur prescence in Nigeria is of no use to me then. Safe journey. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nigeria Is Not Impressed by Kim Kardashian

Ever wonder what our nation looks like to folks from afar? In this feature, Home News From Afar, we look at how a uniquely American story--the kind of news we have trouble explaining even to ourselves--is being told overseas.
Kim Kardashian went to Nigeria to promote a party. Stop, we can feel your eye roll from here. That said, we were wondering what her reception was like and (surprise?) it appears Nigerians dislike Kardashian as much as most Americans do—but for completely different reasons.
The reason Kardashian was there was that she was co-hosting something called the "Love ... Like a Movie" event with an R&B singer who isn't as famous her—and she stayed all of 45 minutes. With that, we present how well her visit went over in Nigeria and African media:
Never mind that there are rumors of that Kardashian was paid $500,000, at least one Nigerian newspaper sees Kim as the sign that Nigeria is a draw for the rich and famous.

Kim Kardashian Is a Lot That's Wrong American Morals

The rumour was that she’d been paid 500,000 Benjamins for the honour of mixing with the petro-class. She arrived on Saturday evening (on Air France), and left within twenty-four hours (someone Instagrammed her back at MMIA). Prole class tickets were apparently N100,000 ($640), although quite a few got in gratis on the guest list.So essentially, Kardashian swindled the people wealthy enough and dumb enough to spend a lot of money on tickets to see her, the way Weate believes wealthy Nigerians have screwed the poor.

Kim Kardashian Is Why Nigeria Needs to Foster Homegrown Talent
... Why waste so much fund in bringing the almighty Kim K to Nigeria when we have better, finner, sexier, funnier and more intelligent celebs here? Was she worth the money spent in shipping her to Naija? I seriously doubt. SMH...anyway as soon as I can lay my hands on more pics, I 'll definitely post them.

Who Is Kim Kardashian?
Is she a reality show freak? An A-list celebrity? Perhaps the most knowing Kim Kardashian responses were the trolls on the Nairaland Forum—which sort of seems like a Nigerian version of Reddit, where they played a simple game of "Who Is Kim Kardashian?"

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-not-impressed-kim-kardashian-192711617.html
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/02/nigeria-not-impressed-kim-kardashian/62256/
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cfours: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA, the nairaland troll. grin
what does it feel like to be quoted on Yahoo news and Atlantic wire?
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by obowunmi(m): 12:31am On Feb 19, 2013
tunapawizzy.....funniest comment ever ahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by braine(m): 12:32am On Feb 19, 2013
See as that tinapa guy fall Dbanj hand in front of the whole world! Chai! ;The

You guys need to read the comments on the Yahoo post. Lmao.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by huninaija(f): 12:33am On Feb 19, 2013
How interesting... Clap for yourselves??
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by funkymedina: 12:36am On Feb 19, 2013
nairaland trolls!! yekpa grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by ichomi(m): 12:42am On Feb 19, 2013
Chei, grin grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by jaijay(m): 12:43am On Feb 19, 2013
Hmmmmmm....na wa o!..if only she understands pigin na cry she go cry coz if nairalanderz insult u, ur ministry can neva remain d same again...I dey fear una die..Rotfl

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by pekelepekele(m): 12:44am On Feb 19, 2013
Wow Pagan 9ja finally made it on yahoo article chai he be like say his deities/gods are really helping him oo cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by tellwisdom: 12:47am On Feb 19, 2013
Why was nairaland not qouted??
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by free2ryhme: 12:50am On Feb 19, 2013
Why would anyone in their right mind be impressed by Kim Tramp Kardashian

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 19, 2013
FROM THE RESPONSES ON THE YAHOO PAGE THE AMERICANS HOPED Y'ALL COULD GET TO KEEP HER 4 GOOD. MAYBE HAVE HER STAY AT DAREY'S HOUSE WHERE THEY CAN HAVE A 3 WAY WITH KANYE.
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by homesteady(m): 12:51am On Feb 19, 2013
Ghanians are very jealous people!! What's their bizz if we payed her millions to come to NIGERIA??!!
See wat dey were saying
www.ghanacelebrities.com/2013/02/18/photos-kim-kardashian-in-nigeria?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Ghanacelebritiescom+(GhanaCelebrities.Com)
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by lafuria1(m): 12:52am On Feb 19, 2013
.so they only took the negative comments ba? na wa o/
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by NEROSKY(m): 12:52am On Feb 19, 2013
Abeg i no understnd dis article. Pls com again

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by pekelepekele(m): 12:54am On Feb 19, 2013

28 comments so far on yahoo news

gunslinger

"Nigeria Is Not Impressed by Kim Kardashian", and neither am I.

Micro .

Please Nigeria, for the love of humanity, take her and the rest of the Kardashian clan and keep them away from us. Thank you.

Liesel

The Kardashians are a blight on America, an embarassment. She is still legally married but opening shacking up with Kanye West and pregnant with his child. I'm not crazy about Kris Humphries but I hope he getting a good settlement out of her.

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by dnative(m): 12:55am On Feb 19, 2013
big deal huh
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by dipo1: 12:58am On Feb 19, 2013
The article is an insult to Nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole. Shouldn't be on the front page

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by ektbear: 12:59am On Feb 19, 2013
Lmao!!!! cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by BarryX(m): 12:59am On Feb 19, 2013
Nairalanders una try.. May the brain and fingers that God bless you with not whither! Kim don't come here again please
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Heatblast(m): 1:00am On Feb 19, 2013
Lmfaoooooo @ "na d madam wey dbanj dey help clean house and wash clothes for yankee". grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by manny4life(m): 1:00am On Feb 19, 2013
la furia: .so they only took the negative comments ba? na wa o/

Isn't it a good thing?

I wish they had taken the one where they called her international ashawoooo, at least, that would have made an impact.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 19, 2013
Dbanj is now the official houseboy of Kim K....courtesy YAHOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by NaLaugh: 1:05am On Feb 19, 2013
Approved.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by cold(m): 1:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Haha!That D'banj comment tho grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 19, 2013
Tunapawizzy get ready for dbanj to find you and shoot you.grin
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 19, 2013
True True that girl scammed darey n others smh
Re: Nairaland Mentioned On Kim Kardashian 's Nigeria Visit On Yahoo Article by SKIPCY(m): 1:14am On Feb 19, 2013
Kim Kardashian 1 Nigeria 0

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Adebayo Meets Aliko Dangote And Femi Otedola / Singer Korede Bello Shares Early Lovely Morning Photos / Wizkid Reveals Why There’s No Photo Of Him With Drake Online (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.