Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,152 members, 7,780,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:42 AM

Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please (850 Views)

How To Fix Wordpress Permalink Redirection Error. / How To Find .htaccess File / Please Who Knows How To Set A 'no Follow' Tag Through Htaccess? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by emmykk(m): 1:57am On Feb 19, 2013
Nl kindered,
1.pls can anyone direct me on how to make my wordpress site use /%category%/%postname%/ custom parmalink wordpress is telling me to update my .htaccess.i dont know how to do this nor do i know hold to use filezila ftp thing but can i do it in cpanel?

2.my site for instance is www.example.com/wp/ pls how can i make it www.example.com .when i load my website with the one ending with dot com it give an error page,but the one with www.example.com /wp/ display well .
how do i make the dot com type appear rather than the one with .com/wp/ i use softaculous auto installer.
thanks in advance
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by databoy247(m): 6:59am On Feb 19, 2013
Go back to your softaculous installer and re-install wordpress...and this time, leave the directory space after your domain name blank so it installs in your domain name directly.
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by emmykk(m): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2013
Gosh! So there is know any way other than delete the data base and re-install it.well thanks

how about setting wordpress custtom permalink,my is telling me to update .htaccess.pls help from u guys.
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by emmykk(m): 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
Please is there a wordpress plugin that can be use to set-up custom permalink for my blog,that can work well as if it was done in the wordpress setting>permalink session.i want use the plugin to bypass the troublesome wordpress permalink .htaccess.updating
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by DualCore1: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
emmykk: Gosh! So there is know any way other than delete the data base and re-install it.well thanks.
You may choose not to reinstall it if you will be losing a lot.

Move the entire contents of your "wp" folder to the root of your site (one step backward), go to your wordpress configuration file and modify the site url/path attribute to tbe pointing to the new location. This is either done in a configuration file or in your site's database under the configuration/settings table. The last time I did this was last week but I don't keep the details in my head.
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by kombo(m): 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dual Core:
You may choose not to reinstall it if you will be losing a lot.

Move the entire contents of your "wp" folder to the root of your site (one step backward), go to your wordpress configuration file and modify the site url/path attribute to tbe pointing to the new location. This is either done in a configuration file or in your site's database under the configuration/settings table. The last time I did this was last week but I don't keep the details in my head.

GBAM!!!! grin (y)
Re: Wordpress Permalink,.htaccess Problem +directory Problem Help Please by emmykk(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2013
I have delete and reinstall it,is working now.
For the permalink i use index.php/%category/%postname%/ and it updated successfully. Without .htaccess file.although index.php go with the url

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders I Need Your Assistance In This Pls / Facebook Is Killing Website / Here Is A List Of Top 10 Internet Home Business Ideas You Can Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.