Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players (8140 Views)

Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday / 96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Temismith(f): 9:20am On Feb 19, 2013
The rich re getting richer, and d poor r getting poorer
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by junglej: 9:27am On Feb 19, 2013
YOu guys dont seem to understand what he (Fashola) is saying. did you read the part where he says get rid of the present board. It is very easy, you market the football industry well, you will get a good ROI (return on investment), it will attract good players, and companies will be bidding hard for the rights. Yes, we have gate fees and all, but the bulk of the money does not come from gate fee, it comes from endorsement and marketing. That is why a players jersey in UK can cost up to $200, just because of whose name is behind the jersey. This is a very good idea, but there has to be a well structured blue print behind it. 20 years ago, how many people where into acting Now its pulling in serious dough (although there has been a decline lately).
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by executinal(m): 9:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Good pitch should be the major target, good medical team, after that good administration and finally salary structure. If you pay player one million and play in a bad pitch, if he sustain injury, the 1m may not even take good care of him.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by vin4ever(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2013
iamswizz: hmmmm... Na ur family dey pay mikel 100k abi
Never you call my Family again. This is a Forum and you should not involve my Love ones. . . .
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by surugede(m): 9:34am On Feb 19, 2013
is Fahiola a learner.

the point here is not how much the players should be paid, rather it's how much the NPL/clubs are making. if the league is packaged the clubs would generate its own funds and can pay the players as much as they deserve.

80% of our league are owned by state government. is fashola saying that we should be paying these players 1M from the tax payers money while they bring in no revenue. How much is the minimum wage of a teacher, and the rest who actually contribute the national development and internally generated revenue.

Fashiola, i as u again, are u a leaner??
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Arcard(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2013
Na den u go c 45 yrs old man claimin 17
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Arsenate(m): 9:40am On Feb 19, 2013
Some of you should stop comparing footballers with doctors, profs and other professionals. For starters, the career span of footballers is very short (usually between 10-15 yrs) and they'd need to be paid huge chunk of money so as to enable them save and invest after retiring.
In any part of the world, sportsmen earn far more than the intellectuals and professionals of those places. I wonder why some of you feel it should be different here in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by junglej: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2013
HAH: How much is minimum wage of civil servants in Lagos state ?

Paying bunch of drop out 1 million then how much will you pay a prof.

I will not be opposed to this if they have real entertainment value but due to lack of it we are glued to EPL.

Nigerian league should first sell itself before others invest in it. Why should I invest in a bad product that cannot even quarter full there stadiums

I respect Fashola but he got it wrong on this one

YOu guys dont seem to understand what he (Fashola) is saying. did you read the part where he says get rid of the present board. It is very easy, you market the football industry well, you will get a good ROI (return on investment), it will attract good players, and companies will be bidding hard for the rights. Yes, we have gate fees and all, but the bulk of the money does not come from gate fee, it comes from endorsement and marketing. That is why a players jersey in UK can cost up to $200, just because of whose name is behind the jersey. This is a very good idea, but there has to be a well structured blue print behind it. 20 years ago, how many people where into acting Now its pulling in serious dough (although there has been a decline lately).
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by ndlife: 9:44am On Feb 19, 2013
;DFootball,1million naira,God help me oo,make I become one 12month 12million hahahaha I don hammer
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by nlofficial(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2013
Spot on Fashola. Please ask them to improve the standard, emulate the work done to Teslim Balogun Stadium than telling us to settle for mediocrity. We are not caged, our eyes have seen greener pastures.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by texazzpete(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2013
Very very daft comment from Fashola. Is this man trolling us?
He allows Doctors to go on strike because he says Lagos can't pay them the measly cash they are asking for and now he's babbling about 1m salary for NPL players.

Sad to see such a daft comment. I thought he was whining about doctors earning more than some of his aides? Why so eager to pay players much higher than any teacher in Lagos with 20 years experience will ever see?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by BrutusOj(m): 9:50am On Feb 19, 2013
Black Peni5: See person wey dey sack doctors because of pay rise dey yan dust.

Guess all Doctors should switch to football to get the money they seek.

don't mind him,de r all sycophants..someone who uses only his leg to play shud earn well,while someone who sat in d class for over 20yrs to learn n uses his brain n hand to work shud earn pea nut..I am not against d I M package for d players oo,bt for dsame fashola who sacked Profesional doctors cos of demand for increase in wage to make d ist coment seems mor of a 'mouth service'
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by junglej: 9:53am On Feb 19, 2013
texazzpete: Very very daft comment from Fashola. Is this man trolling us?
He allows Doctors to go on strike because he says Lagos can't pay them the measly cash they are asking for and now he's babbling about 1m salary for NPL players.

Sad to see such a daft comment. I thought he was whining about doctors earning more than some of his aides? Why so eager to pay players much higher than any teacher in Lagos with 20 years experience will ever see?

Na wa oh!!! YOu people don't seem to understand what you are reading. he said input the private sector, does anyone know what that means? Even govornors have a maximum amount of money they can earn. But if it was a private office, there is no telling how much you can earn. Private wages are not determinant of the economy, but of what the company can afford.
Just my 2cents
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by junglej: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2013
BrutusOj: don't mind him,de r all sycophants..someone who uses only his leg to play shud earn well,while someone who sat in d class for over 20yrs to learn n uses his brain n hand to work shud earn pea nut..I am not against d I M package for d players oo,bt for dsame fashola who sacked Profesional doctors cos of demand for increase in wage to make d ist coment seems mor of a 'mouth service'

Have you ever thought of why it is very easy for a good football player to go abroad and get a working visa like that Have you seen people who just wake up and go abroad to work as doctors in hosiptals abroad rather they end up doing manual jobs. Football is a skill which not everybody has it, that is why you can earn as much as your team can pay.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by nlofficial(m): 10:01am On Feb 19, 2013
texazzpete: Very very daft comment from Fashola. Is this man trolling us?

Is there no difference between Footballer and a Dr.? Will the state government be the one to pay the salary of a footballer?
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 19, 2013
COMMON DOKITA MONEY YOU NEVER FIT PAY.....YOU FIGHT AM SO TEY.....NO BE U SAY STATE NO GET MONEY TO PAY MINIMUM WAGE.... angry angry angry angry NOW YOU WAN PAY FOOT BALLERS 1 MILLER.....DIS MAN WELL SO angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by livethinme: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2013
vin4ever: c ur life. What about our Nigerian players that earns millions of naira weekly in Europe? Ok. Check mikel, he is earning £100k weekly. Use google and calculate the worth in Naira. Shut-up my friend.!!! They Deserve even more than that .

c ur life! u wanna compare the income on Chelsea to that of Kano Pillers?
Also c Nja..a Nigerian is more likely to watch a prem game than a NPL game.
Im not saying NPL shouldnt earn more money, but using the excuse that Nigerian players in Europe earn more therefore.. is a strawman's arguement
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Burger01(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2013
1 mila!! na to start learn footballing be that. I can't even play better than my grandma. angry
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Nodulling: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2013
grin nawa 4 u o@fasho! e b lik say u 1 ********2015.pls sir stop dat joke b4 doctors in ur state resign 2 bcam local ftballers.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2013
Monjerk: 1m cedi or 1m naira? Before I say any other thing. Anyway first 2 comment. Were is my award.

N1m Cedis = N85 million tongue.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by abbeyty(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Monjerk: 1m cedi or 1m naira? Before I say any other thing. Anyway first 2 comment. Were is my award.

dont you know that 1m cedi carry more weight than 1m naira.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by velo10: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
If it's from his own personal pocket, no wahala. Pls let him not use public funds. Thanks
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by jumobi1(m): 12:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
He should focus on how he and other governors can work to improve the life of the average citizen first.

Give every Nigerian kid the opportunity to hone their skills from childhood by building and maintaining recreational parks and infrastructures where they can play sports. (About three in every local government). Encourage sports based educational institutions.

I believe we should be talking about how to develop soccer in Nigeria not how we can pay them 1Mil. When our product quality improves, Nigerians would watch it more, other countries would watch our leagues and wage increase would follow.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Sagamite(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
supereagle:
Governor of Lagos State Mr Babatunde Fashola has said if given the mandate, he will suggest as much as N1million minimum wage for local league players.

Fashola revealed his ambitious wish for the local stars while hosting the victorious Super Eagles players at his office in the Ikeja, Lagos.

According to the widely touted sports loving governor, the league if properly run and floated on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, will be able to generate more than enough money to cater for such payment.

“To our players in the local league I wish I can write a minimum wage for you, if you ask me I don’t think any player that plays professional football in our league should earn less than N1m a month minimum,” Fashola said.

“It is possible if the right people sit down and put the framework there. We have a stock exchange that is big, I am ready to help, my colleagues are ready to help and there are so many people that would get involved if the right frame work is there.”

Fashola went on to call for the overhauling of the leadership of the League as he reckoned that the chairman of the league should be a private CEO working with club owners who are funding their teams with their money arguing that they will make a better board than presently constituted

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/sports/item/5601-fashola-recommends-n1m-salary-for-npl-players

Rubbish in all ramifications considering:

1) The current popularity of the league.

2) The Nigerian stock exchange is largely illiquid in many sectors.

3) The clubs don't even have a reliable income stream to attract any sane investor.

This postulation is only good as a dream for the future.

The NPL had loads of chances for many years but left a huge gap (due to typical Naija incompetence) that the EPL and co have adequately filled.

They would need prayers or legislation to reverse it.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by motobid(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
Mr Fashola start your own football club and pay them 1million naira salary. Walk the talk mr.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
You can't give players that much when the league body is not worth much. They need to package the league in order to be able to attract loads of corporate sponsors.
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by GARRIx7(m): 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
Afam4eva: You can't give players that much when the league body is not worth much.
They need to package the league in order to be able to attract loads of corporate sponsors.

The bolded is‎​ exactly what Fashola is‎​ saying. I wonder how some folks read?

So many unintelligent folks didn't even read the entire article before typing thrash.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Olugbenger(m): 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
GARRI (x7):

So many unintelligent folks didn't even read the entire article before typing thrash.
yeah...
Too many of such people on NL these days!
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by hola84: 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Some people just don't think before they post comments undecided The monthly payment is not from the government purse but from people that invested in the clubs stocks.. Think of the huge benefits if our local league clubs are quoted on the NSE..
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Fellonigerians: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
The market should determine the value of players... Turning the league around is as easy as ABC... Just that people with interests dont want to waste time thinking... So many things can be done... Football is not run by former footballers and football lovers... It is run by business administrators... The league needs more sponsors and so do the teams... If the league shows its potentials, corporate bodies will invest in it...

Very sad that I have many Arsenal jerseys, but I cant get a Nigerian national team jersey, talkless of Enugu Rangers own...
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by Fellonigerians: 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
Afam4eva: You can't give players that much when the league body is not worth much. They need to package the league in order to be able to attract loads of corporate sponsors.

Correct... The league needs to sell itself first for any kind of value to be attached to it, its trophies, and its players...

Noone can tell us the actual value of the league...
Re: Fashola Recommends N1m Salary For NPL Players by yeko68: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
How much should the minimum wage for Professors be? Narrow minded politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Map Saga: Kate Henshaw Denies Opposing IPOB, Nnnamdi Kanu / Lagos, Abia, Zamfara, 12 Other States’ Debts Jump To ₦1.68 Trillion / Osinbajo Engages APC Delegates In Jigawa, Says Nigeria Deserves The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.