Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

I Need Your Opinion On This. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Opinion On This. (524 Views)

Thanks for your opinion / Referee Details Or "Available Upon Request"? What's Your Opinion? / Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion On This. by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Good morn fellas,
This is gon be a funny post but then I needed to be sure I am not fooling around.
I have been here before. After working for a few months after my nysc i decided to go the masters degree way. My reasons were cos higher institutions were sprouting up and I reasoned sooner than later there will be a shortage of manpower.
Oh by the way i read electrical eng. Graduted with a 2:1 and i am now rounding up my m.eng with a phd admissible grade.
I managed to apply for a non payying internship with the state government here and I have pockets of experiences to show for it.
Here is my dilemna, studying in nigeria is tough especially when you depend on stipends from people.
My dad wants me to go on and apply for the phd after i am through with these, i also love a lecturing job cos it affords me the luxury of concentrating and building my music school which is my dream.
From experience, what is the prospect of getting a job with a phd in view as a lecturer in nigeria ?
And especially in the field of electrical eng.
Is it worth working this hard or should i just go into engineering practice ?
I am 26 years old this year. Sometimes i just get really depressed. I just need to speak to a few guys. Just wanna be sure i am not on a white elephant project.
Sorry that my write up is a lil disjointed but i can't even think straight now.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On This. by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Feb 19, 2013
who's gonna finance your PHD quest? and is it going to be here in Nigeria?
Perhaps,you can work a bit for maybe a year,gain some experience and study the terrain here before advancing for PHD.
Some questions though :
How much will the doctoral degree cost and how much would you earn after obtaining it? Is the outcome worth the cost?

Will earning a doctoral degree offer a substantial benefit in your employment and advancement opportunities?

How far can your masters degree take you,career wise ?

All the best.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On This. by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 19, 2013
ifyalways: who's gonna finance your PHD quest? and is it going to be here in Nigeria?
Perhaps,you can work a bit for maybe a year,gain some experience and study the terrain here before advancing for PHD.
Some questions though :
How much will the doctoral degree cost and how much would you earn after obtaining it? Is the outcome worth the cost?

Will earning a doctoral degree offer a substantial benefit in your employment and advancement opportunities?

How far can your masters degree take you,career wise ?

All the best.
okay, my dad is ready to pay for the phd. The thing is lecturing looks like the best way out for me since my heart really yearns for establishing a music school cos am so good with musical instruments. I just wanna get me a leverage and a back up with these degrees.
You got any idea how easy getting a lecturing job with a bsc and m.eng elect eng. Is ?
And yeah, i am looking at nigeria for the phd or should i just get into the engineering practice after my defence ?
Re: I Need Your Opinion On This. by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 19, 2013
i forgot to add that i do not know any politician. You know what i mean right ?
Re: I Need Your Opinion On This. by An0nimus: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hi there Guitarlife, I may not have much experience on these matters but one thing I'd say is whatever you do you stick to your passion for having a music school someday. There's this fulfillment that degrees just cannot buy.
God bless your hustlesmiley
Re: I Need Your Opinion On This. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
An0nimus: Hi there Guitarlife, I may not have much experience on these matters but one thing I'd say is whatever you do you stick to your passion for having a music school someday. There's this fulfillment that degrees just cannot buy.
God bless your hustlesmiley
Thanks bros. I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Opportunity For Fresh Graduates — IBADAN / RE: Urgent Request For A Secretary/office Assistant / Engage Your Selves Graduates (b.sc,hnd,ond)$30 Daily Sure!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.