Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty (9687 Views)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders And Their Families / Very Active Police Officer On Duty At Sabo Junction, Ikorodu (Picture) / Your Condolence Message To The Families Of 25th Bomb Blast St theresa cath churc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by Toks2008(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
MADNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER

No wonder why police men Never show up at crime scene until the criminals are gone. Who would want to risk his life just for his family to be paid a ridiculous GOD forsaken derogatory unreasonable 500k if he dies trying to do his duty while footballers are giving millions for winning just africa cup of nation.

THIS IS A CRAZY COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by bowei(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
deols: too bad that we value a worthless cup over lives. we value it over education, a good healthcare system.

I wonder how much Adenuga thinks these people deserve.
i dont care if shylocks like Adenuga and Dangote decides to splash all their so-called wealth on footballers and their sycophant cheer on! what of the so-called elected Governors wasting our common wealth
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by tutu1: 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2013
N500k to men that died for our nation, when Super Eagle are getting $1 million dollars for running round field, nawa oh where is the justice, how can we fight corruption with all this injustice , the government will have given the children scholarship and created a trust fund instead of this money at least that has more value, what can 500k do?
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by naijathings(m): 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
[size=18pt]SUPER EAGLES GOT $15,000 FOR MATCH VICTORY BONUS AND ALL D MILLIONS FOR EACH PLAYER PLUS FREE LAND IN ABUJA FOR KICKING A BALL FOR NOT UP TO 6 HOURS TOTAL.
MRS NIGERIA GETS MILLIONS PLUS BRAND NEW CAR FOR SHOWING HER ARRSS ON STAGE FOR A FEW MINUTES.
FAMILY OF THE BOKO HARAM LEADER WAS GIVEN 100,000,000 NAIRA AS COMPENSATION.
4BILLION NAIRA FOR THE FIRST LADY TO BUILD A HOUSE FOR WHAT EVER REASONS BEST KNOWN TO HER
POLICE NOW GETS 500,000 FOR LOSING THEIR LIFE WHILE ON ACTIVE DUTY. I FEAR BUT I NO RUN OH.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by Dee60: 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nonsense. Police brutality to fellow Policemen! 500k that cannot pay rent in Lagos for 1 year. Make una continue!
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by Necsy: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
solelymade: If d Eagle were paid salaries and match bonuses 4 what they love doing from which they derived much fun and fulfillment and after winnin ACN can be bombarded with land, cash aplenty frm both public and private individuals and entities running into an estimated 120million per player WITHOUT HAVING TO DIE then i believe d families of this cops deserve much more than 500000 naira knowing fully well that these men were poorly paid during active service.
y wont i stand by d road side 4 20, 20 naira. Y wnt i hire my gun nd my unifrm out 4 a beta pay. I must liv una wit my hummer
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by igahdavid(m): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
PATHETIC
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by acmillan: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Later now when dem call police say robbery dey go on, and dem no show, pple go dey complain. Shebi una see why some police men no dey gree risk their lives ba?
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by abohrandy: 12:00am On Feb 22, 2013
and they would call camera men to come and cover the "event" as if they are doing one big thig!! i taya for dis country oh!!! heaven know say i like the country but stuff like dis kills ma spirit to serve the country. too much talk going on but little is being done to change the country!!
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by oluwacjay: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2013
victorazy: Death don dey pay o! How dem pay Goldie parents?
U wickedt gaun
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by uzeba(m): 12:14am On Feb 22, 2013
adconline: kim kardashian got N80,000,000 for 45mins, family members of police who died in line of duty got N500,000. Naija lives are the cheapest in the world!
chairman na 45sec oo not minute!! Oo u tink say e reach minute before!!
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by adconline(m): 12:32am On Feb 22, 2013
uzeba: chairman na 45sec oo not minute!! Oo u tink say e reach minute before!!
I'm sorry, so it was for 45secs?
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by gbollykore: 2:32am On Feb 22, 2013
i understand yara dua's family got billions, is it true? this government is a joker
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by stupor(m): 4:52am On Feb 22, 2013
I hate being sober !

The severance fee is far too poor,small and uneequivocal in terms of the situations surrounding the service by these policemen and their untimely death to the loyalty of their country.

If i happen to know that a paltry sum of 500k is what my poor family should get at my eventual service and death to my fatherland,then I don't think i would wholeheartedly want to serve and die for such country.

Let us be truthful for once and check the situation.

Police chief stole Pensions package of retires running into billions and only made to cough out,a few thousands,and I serveed and died for the same country as a loyal policeman,and all my family gets is two bundles of 1000 naira notes as compensation upOn the death of the family's bread winner and whereas an unjustly bail of same amout is tagged as fine to a govt official who has siphoned the country's treasury and also making it an autonomous closure and deading of the whole case.

This is strangely ridiculous and demeaning to the policemen.

Lord Jesus have mercy !
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by Bokoharam: 5:23am On Feb 22, 2013
Freiburger: $3,000 each and life goes on. shebi the kids no get right to a good future abi? undecided

CORDROSS: The Super Eagles collected so much for playing for barely 3 weeks. They got so much by not dying. And those that died in active service received 500,000 naira = $3,000. Na wa o....

Do we read at all?

The state also gave them N1million each. These must be outside their their Normal entitlements. We are talking about $20,000 here. And, hey, remember where we are coming from; I mean the police. Compared to what obtained before, this is highly commendable.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by JuanDeDios: 6:07am On Feb 22, 2013
Bokoharam:
Do we read at all?

The state also gave them N1million each. These must be outside their their Normal entitlements. We are talking about $20,000 here. And, hey, remember where we are coming from; I mean the police. Compared to what obtained before, this is highly commendable.
At last a cautious person on the thread! That N500,000 is insurance only. There are other payouts they get. When you add "other payouts" to insurance, it's still far too small, I know. But let respect facts.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by omenka(m): 6:37am On Feb 22, 2013
CORDROSS: The Super Eagles collected so much for playing for barely 3 weeks. They got so much by not dying. And those that died in active service received 500,000 naira = $3,000. Na wa o....

Logic has long been beheaded in this country so I'm not suprised.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by mycoldsweat: 6:58am On Feb 22, 2013
Let them even pay them well while serving and keep their peanut of 500k when they die, 'watin person chop na that him go carry go' Do u know that the average take home package of a Police sergeant is btw 45k & 50k. Can some one convert that to Dollars for me
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by tempo1(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2013
WHY OUR COUNTRY SO MUCH HATE SECURITY MEN.IMAGINE A WAT THEY PAID FOOTBALLERS AFTER A LEG OF GAME WITH NO DEATH.WEL IF NA ME BE THE FAMILY SINCE NA SOUTH SOUTH I FROM I GO JUST USE DE MONEY ARANGE WEL JOIN MILLITANT FOR CREECK .Bleep YOU INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by dhardline(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Bokoharam:

Do we read at all?

Mr man its obvious you dont read as you claim,it says the four from Rivers command and not all were paid 1M by their state government.Nigeria is really on the verge to immortalise nuisance.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by mycoldsweat: 7:05am On Feb 22, 2013
Juan_De_Dios:
At last a cautious person on the thread! That N500,000 is insurance only. There are other payouts they get. When you add "other payouts" to insurance, it's still far too small, I know. But let respect facts.
Rubbish, but what do we expect from ur type who fed a poor hungry man with a leftover rice and feel proud that he have at least assist someone.
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by greatknght: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2013
pDude: Is that woman in the pix smiling or what shocked

I think say na only me see am.....

I'd rather play for super eagles than be a policeman.. grin

just my 50cents!!!
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by paparazzi1987(m): 8:39am On Feb 22, 2013
NA WAHOO..IN MALAYSIA YOU CAN SELL YOUR KIDNEY FOR $10,000 WITHOUT DYING....HERE A LIFE NOW COST JUST $3,000
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by georgikpons: 8:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Demain_man: Na wa ooooo!!!!

Why would someone what be become a policeman for Naija??

Lack of jobs or inadequate jobs

Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by Kgdavid(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2013
you can't really compare spending money on a one off event such as giving large bonuses to 23 footballers with a huge recurring expense such as compensation for hundreds/possibly thousands of police officers dependents. bear in mind that such compensation should be commensurate with the officers salary which probably was not much in the first place...Police officers should be better trained and then better rewarded
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by nfowomola2: 10:33am On Feb 22, 2013
WHAT A USELESS LEADERS, WHO SUGGESTED TO GIVE THE FAMILIES OF THE DECEASED THAT STIPEND, TO REPAY FOR THE SOUL LOST WHILE SUGGESTED TO PAY EACH FOOTBALLER HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO THE SOUL ALIVE THAT DOES NOT FIGHT FOR THE COUNTRY.GOD WILL JUDGE OUR LEADERS FROM THEIR CHILDREN.AMEN!!!!!!!
Re: N500k Each To Be Paid To Families Of Policemen Killed On Duty by badesco(m): 10:53am On Feb 22, 2013
This is a peanut as compare to what most of them stole. N500k for one life, it is absolutely madness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pagan9ja / Strange And Unusual Dates This Year, October Stands Out! / What's Your New Year Resolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.