Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,118 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup (7821 Views)

Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / Why Nigeria Must Qualify For 2014 World Cup / FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Reference(m): 4:10am On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, football (soccer) isn't as popular in the US as of now; but all that will soon change in the next 15-20 years. This is because more American youths and kids are playing actively than ever before.

Goal-line technology wouldn't in itself, make Americans to love football more. Instant replays, a challenge system (where a team can call for a review of the referee's decision)and the introduction of time-outs may do the trick. But these proposals would definitely not be well received by Africans, Europeans and other football-crazy continents, who prefer the status quo.

If they ever introduce time-outs in football that is curtains for me. I can't even bear half-time and injury stops particularly when simulated. And those late substitutions when your team needs a goal, aargh.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Umunede(m): 4:35am On Feb 20, 2013
Biggysmalls919: what will happen to nigerian premier league? una don suffer
nigeria premier league will introduce theirs in 2099
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Biggyd2: 6:32am On Feb 20, 2013
Finally!
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by searay(m): 6:43am On Feb 20, 2013
I hope Nigeria will not be the first victim
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by FoxyRebirth(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

The League board can decide to introduce the technology, but I doubt if they have the funds required.

I only came here to comment because of your comment. How can you rate Nigeria so low that you can doubt your own country funding technology in a sport. Now what will you say about the electronic voter's card and the technology that will be introduced in the next election?

See, its because of your unbelief that Nigeria is looking like itz lagging behind, when the likes of you leave our dearest country (because you don't belong here), then you will be shocked at the spate of development.

Anuohia....
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Reference(m): 7:55am On Feb 20, 2013
CFCfan:

The League board can decide to introduce the technology, but I doubt if they have the funds required.

The League board that ran out of money midway last season and had to ask clubs to handle referees expenses until a general outcry terminated that wierd arrangement. Goal-line tech is a referee's aid no? If you can't pay the man, why try to give him staff car.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by sympathy55(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2013
dvdon: Goal line technology my ass wat about technological malfunctioning.
guy use ur brain na. must u talk?
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by shakaz(m): 8:20am On Feb 20, 2013
hmm GLT goal line technology..na wa oh, hope say if keeper or player cross the line e no go write GOOOOAAAAAAALLLL instanta.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by hassymo5(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2013
what we need is offside and penalty technology,, dats what it used to cheat in 2days soccer,, if dose things are not put into consideration den its a waste of time......
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by awaya: 8:51am On Feb 20, 2013
[b]Are you an experienced Information Technology Business Analyst and willing to work in Nigeria and travel to several African countries from time to time? If yes, then send your CV to smithnewest@gmail.com. Applicants must have software support or development experience.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by chxe: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2013
When will they bring diving technology ?
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

I only came here to comment because of your comment. How can you rate Nigeria so low that you can doubt your own country funding technology in a sport. Now what will you say about the electronic voter's card and the technology that will be introduced in the next election?

See, its because of your unbelief that Nigeria is looking like itz lagging behind, when the likes of you leave our dearest country (because you don't belong here), then you will be shocked at the spate of development.
Anuohia....

Sir, the NPL's financial woes have been well documented. Having said that, if the NPL gets a generous sponsor for the league, then part of the sponsorship money may be used to install goal-line technology on football grounds in Nigeria.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
chx_e: When will they bring diving technology ?

Lol.. The diving problem may be solved by introducing video replays.
Re: FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Akiika:

Nah!!! sorry to disappoint you, NFL, National Footbal League(handball that they call football) is worth more, despite it's only played in America. The average NFL franchise is valued at $960 million, there are 32 of them. That's about 30.7 Billion dollars to be conservative. FIFA's only worth $1.096 billion, some of the NFL franchise is worth more. MLB, NBA are all worth more than FIFA. Are you still surprised why soccer is still not as popular as the other sports?

Your analysis is flawed. Compare the NFL to FIFA and not the individual clubs. If you want to start comparing the clubs, then i can start adding up the value of MAN U, REAL Madrid, Barcelona, All the premier league, italian teams etc. You get my drift. Soccer, sorry Football is King when it comes to finances.
By the way, according to forbes, the two most valuable clubs in all sports are Man U and Real Madrid, with man u = 2billion and real = 1.8billion. Yes the NFL clubs dominate the top 50 but how many are they when compared to all the soccer clubs outside America. I repeat, soccer does not need AMERICA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Week 32 Pool Banker Room 2020: Please Proof Your Best Banker, Pair / Salah Doubtful Of Facing South Africa In AFCON Last 16 Tie / Arsenal Replica Kits 07/08 For Sale, How Much Are U Willing To Pay, In Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.