Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,809 members, 7,824,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! (7655 Views)

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by whatnext: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2007
Breaking News!!!

The victorious coach of the super eaglets, Yemi Tella died in the early hours of Saturday.  It was just announced as a breaking news on AIT a few minutes ago.  May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace. cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by surugede(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
source pls
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by whatnext: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2007
It was on AIT! Perhaps I should go to LUTH to get his death certificate for you to see.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by bibiking1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2007
oh my God Why did they not just fly this man abroad?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by bibiking1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2007
i just heard on NTA now that coach Tella has just passed away,

i would lay all the blame on the head of the Nigerian Government
If they had developed our institutional health sectors the man would not have been "waiting" to fly abroad.
he would have since been undergoing treatment
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ayusman16(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
if dis is true then it's sad ooo sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ayusman16(m): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2007
why another thread nah?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by vichel(m): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2007
This is a sad day for Nigeria Football. Tella rest in peace, abd know that Nigerians love u and appreciate u.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by BobJames1(f): 2:33pm On Oct 20, 2007
This is a shame on Nigeria. For a man who has just conquered the world to
be conquered by Nigeria for whom he brought glory
the N628m would have made a difference,
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by PDF: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
If only NFA had acted promptly sad sad

May his gentle soul rest in peace! sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by desgiezd(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2007
Another wastage! The government waited for two full weeks before even sending people to the hospital where the man was. If it were a minister now it would have taken less than 24 hours to fly him abroad. In fact, for more  than a week the NFA was looking for where to raise N100k to send people there. Everyday one keeps seeing and hearing things that make one feel so disgusted about this nation. We dont ever seem capable of putting our acts together.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Abium: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2007
I felt so disturbed when i heard the news. See what NFA has done likewise the government, what does it take them to fly this man abroad for good medical treatment
pls tell me
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by akins4(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2007
no body killed him. the pressure he face in his coaching career is too much. now u'll knw the kind of pressure the english

coach like fergusson and  wenger are facing. their life also is astake cos they too are old,

hypertension killed him not the government. obviously he is  not in politics so why r u putting the blames on the government.

the the nfa bleeped up because the refused to take him abroad.

before nigeria can go forward in this life, a lot of things must be put in place.

may his soul rest in peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by labiyemmy(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2007
May his soul rest in peace -

My question - why do we blame the government for everything evil that happens to anyone in Nigeria?

I realy want to know - please someone open my eyes.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by yabis: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2007
Sad,very sad indeed.

may his soul rest in peace

Amen
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by bibiking1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2007
the federal government where lax in their attitude to a man that has brought the game so much joy
the urgency they showed was not what was expected of them
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by akins4(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2007
thats whats making nigeria being stabble since all this while. its mainly we citizens are not helping the government to

rule us. we always say  bad things abt them.

how could somebody open his or her mouth to say such thing that the government killed yemi tella? to be sincere with

you, its really unfair. to tell u the fact i also dont like our government but that doesnt  give me morale to open mouth to

say the government is doing bad which my eyes did not see.

men we nigerians need to improve our mentality to a going-forward level.

thanx my people
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by bagoma(f): 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry
so sad! so so sad!
dont know what to say. so so sad. this life sef! cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Egavlas(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2007
Is not everything Nigerians will blame on government or officials . The man was terminally ill.

If he wasnt eaglet coach, would it have changed the fact that he was terminally ill?

He wasnt owed anything. In fact he got double of what the other coaches and players got bothe from FG and some state governments.

There are govt. officials and other working class citizens who get terminally ill. The federal govt. doesnt send each and everyone of them abroad fro treatment.
Please, lets reason.

May His soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by ayusman16(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2007
Am sorry but i think Tella is more important to us than David Mark, Etteh and d whole Thieves Assembly sorry National Assembly put together, He should av been flown abroad immediately but for the negligent nature of our govt, now we've lost a man who has brought us honour, MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2007
This is bad news really  cry

[size=24pt]Coach Yemi Tell R.I.P[/size]
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by danielng: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2007
may his gentle soul rest in peace (Amen).

FG didnt act well, if it were a politician that was in the same critical state as Yemi, the person would have been flown abroad.

Lets tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by otokx(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
This is how Nigeria rewards its citizens who excel in their various professions; why won't corruption abound?
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by gwatala(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2007
He really was terminally ill. Do stop blaming the government. Cancer is not yet curable, even abroad.  I'm sure the doctors knew it was too late anyway, Maybe he had even been told how much longer he was going to live, !

Yet, we should mourn. And of course celebrate his achievements.

May he rest in peace.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by crazyT(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2007
Who is government? I thought we are all government, how are we so sure that he will survive the illness even if he was send (earlier) to the abroad we are all talking about? Where did Stella OBJ die?
Why is it that when people died, we always want to look for someone to blame; this time around is not witches but government.
I beg na him time reach our own is at the corridor may his gentle soul rest in peace. Death is inevitable.   cry cry
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2007
gwatala:

He really was terminally ill. Do stop blaming the government. Cancer is not yet curable, even abroad.  I'm sure the doctors knew it was too late anyway, Maybe he had even been told how much longer he was going to live, !

Yet, we should mourn. And of course celebrate his achievements.

May he rest in peace.
yeah we should be celebrating him not blaming people for his death. sad
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2007
In case some of you (who claim government shouldn't be banned) don't know, aduty of government is to PROVIDE BASIC

SOCIAL AMENITIES like good roads (is't benin to lagos), hospitals (is't the LUTH Mrs Grange (health minister ) claims is

improving?), recreational facilities (IS'T THOSE THAT HAVE ALL BEEN ACQUIRED BY GREEDY RICH MEN AND BANKS),

Education (is't the public school;UNIVERSITY OF OSUN that charges 'reasonable' prices from civil servants?). . .

To focus on health, this is a big disaster!

Your lawmakers  wasted 2 months without passing any sensible law. If that 628million had been used to up medical

facilities, will we experience this?

Or when last did you hear tTERRY'S wife crying to the british govt to fly him to israel?

Or did owen beg nigerian docs to help him?

FACE IT! GOVT is totally responsible for this laclustre towards the health sector
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2007
crazyT:

Who is government? I thought we are all government, how are we so sure that he will survive the illness even if he was send (earlier) to the abroad we are all talking about? Where did Stella OBJ die?
Why is it that when people died, we always want to look for someone to blame; this time around is not witches but government.
I beg na him time reach our own is at the corridor may his gentle soul rest in peace. Death is inevitable. cry cry

wdh angry

what's our business with stella here?

who asked her to do what her mates weren't doin?

ALL THE BEREAUCRazies caused all these bullshit.

today on the papers; govt promises to do this, govt promises not. nonsense!
\

i DON'T BELIEVE IN THE na im time to die excuse
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by debosky(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2007
May his soul rest in peace

I think too many people are being hasty in their judgment here.

The man had a terminal illness, the CMD of LUTH came out and said he is being given the best treatment available now, and it would be detrimental to his health to fly him out. We should wait for the results of the autopsy and the verdict of the LUTH medical team before blaming government.

Stella Obasanjo died abroad, does that mean that they do not have sound medical facilities there?

Sometimes due to the nature of an illness, there is little that can be done to remedy the outcome.

Flying him abroad will not necessarily solve the problem instantly, people die of cancer in foreign countries as well.

Once again, let us remember the man and his achievements for the nation, and not turn this to another blame game session.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Fadajasi(m): 4:26pm On Oct 20, 2007
Lord have mercy.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2007
Yomi Tella had been sick well before the U-17 championship. It is because they won that everyone is crying that it is all government's fault. He actually recieved medical attention while in Korea.

Sometimes flying people abroad is not always the best solution, people die abroad too.
Re: Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! by crazyT(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2007
debosky:

May his soul rest in peace

I think too many people are being hasty in their judgment here.

The man had a terminal illness, the CMD of LUTH came out and said he is being given the best treatment available now, and it would be detrimental to his health to fly him out. We should wait for the results of the autopsy and the verdict of the LUTH medical team before blaming government.

Stella Obasanjo died abroad, does that mean that they do not have sound medical facilities there?

Sometimes due to the nature of an illness, there is little that can be done to remedy the outcome.

Flying him abroad will not necessarily solve the problem instantly, people die of cancer in foreign countries as well.
Once again, let us remember the man and his achievements for the nation, and not turn this to another blame game session.

@ Bold:
My point exactly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newcastle To Buy Osaze To Replace Ba? / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Arsenal 2-0 Bayern München [champions League Highlights] / I'm A Child Of Destiny- Chioma Ajunwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.