Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? (5322 Views)

Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar / Naira Falls To 325 On Dollar Shortage -punch / Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Adanyebe(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Falls to 9%

Nigeria’s Consumer Price Index fell to 9 per cent in January from 12 per cent in December last year. Data released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), showed a decline in the food price sub-index, which fell to 10.1 from 10.2 per cent in the period under review.

consecutive month of a decline in prices since September 2012, owing to floods and other market forces.

The bureau also expects the economy to expand 6.8 per cent this year while inflation is forecast to average 9.8 per cent this year.

Economists are forecasting a 7.3 per cent growth in 2014, 6.9 per cent in 2015 and 6.6 per cent in 2016.

Meanwhile, this is coming as the World Bank foresees Nigeria’s inflation rate easing to single digit this year and credit expansion to the private sector especially with banks’ recovery.

The bank said inflation may be tamed this year especially if the possibility of flooding is reduced and the price of food drops.

Throughout 2012, the country’s consumer inflation remained in double digits owing to increase in fuel prices, global food prices and the floods which affected crops.

They expect a boost in economic activities and credit expansion to the private sector.
http://naijafreakynews..com/2013/02/nigerias-inflation-rate-falls-to-9-percent.html
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by naijacutee(f): 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
I wonder if this was noticeable among the general public.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by 2bosun: 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Who cares??
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Scarpon(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Abeg what is the meaning of Inflation Rates, am a learner ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
so should we cry or laugh?
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by yuzedo: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Do meaningless statistics "ASHUWALLY" affect the price of garri though? undecided

When pump price of petrol goes down, call me. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by debedebe(m): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
*BOOKED*#

*Space 4 Sale*
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by manny4life(m): 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
I noticed the same thing when I visited CBN website during the course of argument with those South Africans.. Inflation or not doesn't really affect the fact that people do not have that money to spend, let alone feel the impact.
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
lets leave inflation or 'reflation' the oyibo is to big, how does this relate to the common man?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Joey82(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
i think its noticeable in agric produce,
aside this sector, i think inflation is actually on the rise
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by ckkris: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
naijacutee: I wonder if this was noticeable among the general public.

NOT AT ALL
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
anyone who believe dis can also believe that Jesus Christ just arrive Lagos with british Airways flight from london . Jokers

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Tolexander: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
All these are just theories that exist on NBS papers that can't be manifested or practicalised in the nigerian local market.
There hasn't been any shift in the marginal utility curve of garri and cement in the market in my area.
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
Now, this is a confirmation that this forum is over-populated by nincompoops.

4 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Tonytonic(m): 4:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Scarpon: Abeg what is the meaning of Inflation Rates, am a learner ooo.
oya bend down looow...
oya bend down looow...
oya bend down looow...
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
Billyonaire: Now, this is a confirmation that this forum is over-populated by nincompoops.
funny enough you are a member too ?

5 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
I can't believe most of the comments on this thread... shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by drlaykay(m): 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
A portion of jollof rice still sells for N170 at foodee with no increase in quantity nor quality.so what's the point for improvement not felt by the masses?
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
Noticed how it affected some product's prices
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
ItsModella: I can't believe most of the comments on this thread... shocked shocked shocked

i think people understand exactly what inflation is, but when u indeed consider it, they're mere statistical data and completely useless, they just dont have anything to do with the common man. think about it, they claim inflation will be tamed if flood is well controlled, where were they when we had no floods?

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by andyanders: 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
I believe that the person who took the record must have been under the influence of alcohol. Which kind of inflation reduced by 9%? I believe that something is wrong with our leaders and people that give them report.

When they want to steal money, they start writing report. Have they gone out there to investigate to find out the real inflation level in our society. Prices of things keep rising every day. Gary, beans, okro soup is no more a common man's food anymore. How come someone will come here to give negative report to the world on the state of things in Nigeria?

As far as I am concerned, there is hunger in the country.
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by ebamma(m): 4:13pm On Feb 19, 2013
wh
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Freiburger(m): 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Good news.

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Rick9(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Reduce price of fuel jor wetin concern we and inflation ? but wait o [read my signature>
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by idirect(m): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=25pt]On papers[/size]

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by mitchyy(f): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
i didn't notice
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by israel007: 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
sanusi alongside his godmother, Okonjo must have a hand in this.

lies after lies
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by lekzyn(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2013
everything for naija nah paper dem dey do am. "paper work"
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by mappete(f): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
It shouldnt be surprising that the fall in the inflation rate isnt evident to the masses as we dont have accurate data to measure these things. All the data used are based on arbitrary estimates which do not give a true and fair view of the economy. Most of these data are manipulated by the government to make them look good.
Take for instance the issue of NNPC not paying money into the federation account for over 20years and various Auditor Generals have occupied that office without voicing out until now.(Since these guys are appointed by the president, they wont want to voice out at the risk of loosing their jobs since the president sef dey collect im own share of the money).
Or the fact that all money's recovered by the EFCC never return to the federation account as it should but to some unknown account!

1 Like

Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Joe50(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
yet... things still cost for Benin city here angry angry
Re: Inflation Rate Falls To 9 Percent Today. Did you notice? by Andrew3(m): 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Howto Get Free Iphone 6 Plus Online In Nigeria / Grant! Grant!! Grant!!! / Scammers Patricia.com.ng Btc Gift Cards Just Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.