Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,807 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? (12216 Views)

Is Michael Jordan Words To Kobe Bryant Manifesting Already / If You Are Starting An NBA Team Who Would You Pick 1st Lebron, Kobe Or Durant / Pictures: Were Kobe Bryant And Lebron James Laughing At Nigerian Basketballers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Fadelex(m): 9:23am On Mar 02, 2013
Its jst like comparing C. Ronaldo to Ronaldo de Lima... Both are great players bt de Lima is greater, football is a joke right nw, no consistent perfromers, jst a bunch of over-hyped average players, wen De Lima was playing, he had Rivaldo, del piero, henry, shearer, nedved, shevy, zidane, bergkamp, and so many consistent performers against him...yet he won world player 3 times.... Kobe is a better player
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2013
Lebron james
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2013
ocman: SHUT UP DO YOU HAVE DSTV? OR YOU WATCH THEM ON NTA? KOBE IS THE PROFESSOR. HE IS THE STAR THAT KNOWS IT ALL IN BASKETBALL CURRENTLY. LEBRON IS AN OVER-HYPED PLAYER LIKE JAY-Z etc

Jigga over-hyped?

There's heaven and there's Hell/
One day you cruising under the Seven/
The next day your alibis ain't/
Matching Up/ BullSh1t catching up/
You hit with the Ricko/
They Repo that Vehicle/
Sh1t it was all good just a week ago/
Your about to start snitchin'/
Ain't you/
Ready to start B1tchin'/
Ain't you/
I forgive you/
Hustlin' just ain't you/
Aside from the fast cars/
Honeys that Shake thy A$$/
You know you won't be involved/
With the UnderWorld.

Or

I kept feeding her money till her Sh1t started to make sense.

Or

Uhh! While niggaz are shootin stupid
I'm carefully plottin, ways to make it rotten
Well planned hits until you're long forgotten

Or

While others worship guns I worship tons of money
tons of fun, laughin at shit that ain't even funny
So I ain't pressed to make a CD, I took it slow
Eighty percent of these niggaz with deals
can't see me with the dough, uhh!

Or
My crew and me commited atrocities/
Like we got immunity.

Please Jay-Z ain't over hyped.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by TableLeg(m): 9:32am On Mar 02, 2013
ocman: SHUT UP DO YOU HAVE DSTV? OR YOU WATCH THEM ON NTA? KOBE IS THE PROFESSOR. HE IS THE STAR THAT KNOWS IT ALL IN BASKETBALL CURRENTLY. LEBRON IS AN OVER-HYPED PLAYER LIKE JAY-Z etc
Foooooool...Jayz ko, Jermaine Dupri ni! grin grin grin
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Mynd44: 9:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Only on NL will people make comparisms like this. I remember last year when someone compared Jeremy Lin to Hakeem Olajuwon.......

Kobe beats LBJ anyday......is there even a comparism here? Kobe has the ability to perform when the whole team flops.

I can't even compare them. Perhaps a LBJ goes on, he might meet KB but until then, Kobe wins this hands down.......

And i disagree with MJ's comparisms based on the number of rings they won. Tony Parker has 3 rings which is more that Steve Nash. Is it then safe to conclude that TP is better? And I am a Spurs fan ooo.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:46am On Mar 02, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

Ronaldhino is not an All Time Great going by Longevity....

Going by Top Peak Performance in their Prime....Yes i would take 2005-2006 Ronny over TiTi

Henry was never even the best player in his own country....

Ronaldinho was at one Point.

But i wouldn't rank Ronny in my Top 5 Either

We are not talking about Top 5 or Top 10. I can call Matthaus, Berkenbauer, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo da Lima, Cruyff, Zidane, Romario, Stefano and more. That doesn't stop Ronaldhino and Henry from being amongst the greats.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by fredoooooo: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2013
The black mamba
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by jmslimx(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2013
People forget History Easily , MJ couldnt have made it alone without roddman , Pippen remember he was in wizard for 6-7 years before he moved to bulls to win championships and this other guard forgotten his name , Like wise Kobe couldnt have made it alone without Shaq , Paul Gasol and fisher .. people make alot of noise , Lebron took the cavs to playoffs alone twice , so i believe he is a better player as far as i am concern .. he has said it all he doesnt care what other people say about him , he got almost everything as a player and also with the kind of legs he has .. MJ is just hating ... LBJ is moving even if he doesnt win championship like MJ he would still be on the hall of fame in years to come. More over Kobe with pride , what cause the fight btw kobe and shaq
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by pomporiking: 10:29am On Mar 02, 2013
Kobe has 5rings.but lebron is a better player hands down.d guy plays all positions on the court even power forward james doesn't get the respect he deserves cos he played crap at the 2011 finals,buh he was on point last year he just needs at least 3 more rings so kobe can STFU and stop talking crap
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 10:32am On Mar 02, 2013
الملكي فوق الله:

...40 you still on thatt Hayyytin Bullshit Fam? grin

LeBron can Guard all Five cool

Stop Hayyytin Mangggg....That hate gon raise ya blood pressure.
Lebron can only guard players he has some sort of advantage over! Size or height or a mediocre offensive player! Lebron couldn't guard Dirk couldn't guard JET!! He couldn't guard Tim Duncan in his prime or KG! Face it he only became a good one on one defender a couple of coffees ago (weakside blocks don't count fam)
Lool guarding Kendrick Perkins don't count that's like telling me he can guard Ben Wallace! Anyone can guard an offensively challenged center
And no I'm not a hater
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 10:36am On Mar 02, 2013
jmslimx: People forget History Easily , MJ couldnt have made it alone without roddman , Pippen remember he was in wizard for 6-7 years before he moved to bulls to win championships and this other guard forgotten his name , Like wise Kobe couldnt have made it alone without Shaq , Paul Gasol and fisher .. people make alot of noise , Lebron took the cavs to playoffs alone twice , so i believe he is a better player as far as i am concern .. he has said it all he doesnt care what other people say about him , he got almost everything as a player and also with the kind of legs he has .. MJ is just hating ... LBJ is moving even if he doesnt win championship like MJ he would still be on the hall of fame in years to come. More over Kobe with pride , what cause the fight btw kobe and shaq
Chineke!! MJ was drafted by the Bulls oh! Played there all his career till his 2nd retirement in 1998 he went to the Wizards after that and finally retired in 01 so tell us when he played 6-7 years for the Wizards!!
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 10:45am On Mar 02, 2013
Yeah Kobe had Shaq and Lebron had D.Wade and Chris Bosh you ninjas should not forget that
That's for all those that claim Kobe played with more stars

الملكي فوق الله:
@Fade

Lebron was a Baby...and took a horrible team to the Nba Finals who had no business even being there

all the credit to the defensive schemes should go to coach pop

Wasn't really about Parker or Ginobili vs Lebron.
The Eastern Conference is weak!!!! Washington Wizards that were Lebron's b!tches would not sniff the playoffs in the West. All he had to do was conquer a fading Pistons team! Lebron would not sniff no playoff Finals in the West! Ask yourself why he couldn't get to the Finals again after that year till he joined the Heat!
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Maxivalue(m): 11:01am On Mar 02, 2013
Lebron is better than Kobe. These are my reasons:

When he was playing for Cleaveland Cavaliers he carried an underdog team "A team with no NBA title" to NBA Finals 5 five times
and Lost to his opponents, simply because he was the only star player in that team.

2010 he decided to move to Miami Heats where he teamed up with Stars like D wade, Chris Bosch, after a year of moving to Miami heats he won his first NBA
Trophy in 9 years of NBA carrier. Had it been that he had made that decision earlier he would have had 3-5 trophies by now.

Onlike Kobe he had a team with stars right from when he was younger, Players like SHAQ, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Nick Van excel, and so many stars. that really assisted him to the number of NBA rings he had Won

Even Jordan Had a very powerful combination with Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and so many other great stars In Chicago Bulls, which gave him 6 NBA rings.

With the present calibers of players, LBJ has in his team, i see him beating Kobe's record in Nearest future, Cos he still has 10 years of basketball career.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by huninaija(f): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Kobe bryant! The closest player the NBA has ever had that has been consistent in terms of play, skill on and off the Court! He does tend to remind me of MJ back in the day, a few other players have been compared to MJ i.e. Allen Iverson when he first came to play in the NBA in the late 90's early 2000's However he hasn't been consistent!

Lebron James is a good player but he don't come close to the black mamba, i figure even he knows this, thill he cops his first NBA title, lebron needs to work hard and silently on the court! grin
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by AZeD1(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Kobe all day.
For those saying LBJ can guard all 5 positions, KG could that while he was younger.

IMO LBJ has size on his side while Kobe has "murdered" much bigger opponents.
Kobe has a better post up game than Lebron(for those who claim LBJ is complete), better mentality

Long story short Kobe > LBJ

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Afam4eva(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2013
Nasri100: I think I would pick Messi over Ronaldo
It means you're picking Lebron James over Kobe Bryant.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On Mar 02, 2013
@topic
Kobe has the legend status but James doesn't have that yet. So, they're incomparable. It's just like comparing Iyanya to 2face just because he's the rave of the moment.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by coogar: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
basketball died after michael jordan retired. kobe, lebron, iverson and jeremy lin are little children. the NBA in the early 90s was the bomb - not today when sissies are all over the place.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
Maxi_value: Lebron is better than Kobe. These are my reasons:

When he was playing for Cleaveland Cavaliers he carried an underdog team "A team with no NBA title" to NBA Finals 5 five times
Bros sofry sofry dey blow fallacy nau! 5 NBA Finals?? ROTFLOL

Maxi_value:
2010 he decided to move to Miami Heats where he teamed up with Stars like D wade, Chris Bosch, after a year of moving to Miami heats he won his first NBA
Trophy in 9 years of NBA carrier. Had it been that he had made that decision earlier he would have had 3-5 trophies by now.
Maybe and maybe not

Maxi_value:
Onlike Kobe he had a team with stars right from when he was younger, Players like SHAQ, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, Nick Van excel, and so many stars. that really assisted him to the number of NBA rings he had Won
Derek Fisher,Robert Horry were never stars! If its about that I can also call Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem stars! Van Exel was not even in the team
Jeez if you even mention Glen Rice I would have said you had a point but even Rice was around for just one Championship!
Kobe had just one star which was Shaq!! Lebron is playing with two! And both are in their prime so he has to at least match Kobe's number of rings before you say he is greater

Maxi_value:
Even Jordan Had a very powerful combination with Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and so many other great stars In Chicago Bulls, which gave him 6 NBA rings.
Rodman was not his team mate for the first 3 rings he won
. Get ur facts right fam

Maxi_value:
With the present calibers of players, LBJ has in his team, i see him beating Kobe's record in Nearest future, Cos he still has 10 years of basketball career.
Lololol so you still see him balling at 38 or 39! Ok I'm getting you
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by stanleybiggie(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Mr. Lebron 'raymone' James...he's already a three time nba mvp,an nba champ n he just reached his peak...aint no tellin what he's gonna do come 5yrs time!!!
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by stanleybiggie(m): 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
blacksta: Is it not obvious Kobe has 5 rings compared to Lebron's 1 ring.
robert horry has 7 rings!so is he better than jordan!?
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by mbaemeka(m): 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
Team Lebron it is. The most complete player in history. At 28 already has a ring and 2 olympic gold medals to his credit. Please add a world title to that too. His stats keep improving. Youngest at over 20,000 pts thus far. Please remember that MJ got his first title at about the same age even later. Kobe is there quite all right but with all his selfish play and arrogance to go with it.

#Team Lebron #TeamMiami

Also Henry was once greater than Zizou (the 03/04 season in particular).

2 Likes

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by antontech(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
Kobe is the best.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by zland4ps(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
shy-mmex:
I'll choose Kobe over Lebron everyday of the week - Lebron is more like Magic Johnson... However, he's benefiting from an era of basketball with too many undersized guys... If Kobe were to play in the 80s-90s golden era of basketball - he'd still be as great as he's - probably only second to MJ... However, Lebron wouldn't be that great playing against the likes of: Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Chris Webber, young Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Shaq, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson etc..

Let the debate begin!!! grin

You forgot to add DENNIS RODMAN to your list grin
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by infolpf: 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Here is my equation:
(Kobe + 5 rings)-(rape charge payoff + obnoxious arrogance) = LeBron + 1 ring! QED

Truth is, its too early to call. Give King James a few more years in the league.
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by cr7lomo: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: The Guy who mentioned Henry is clearly delusional

Did some family member of his pay you to mention his name on this thread? @Allthepompey?

....You must Be Living in France.

Wots wrong wit u , seems like u a teenager and u jst startd watchin d NBA. Kobe is well above james, james is jst 2nd 2 him. Kobe won 5 james 1, do u nid 2 go 2 skool 2 undastand. Av bin watchin NBA since 91 nd am sure al d gr8s wil place kobe ahead of james. Y sud mj b jealous 4 som1 dat wunt reach his heights
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Ikbobby(m): 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
LeBron Is The Most Complete Player In The Nba...leading Miami Heat in Points scored,Rebounds, Assist.. And has a high FG %... In the End LeBron would have a Greater Legacy... LeBron Over Kobe Anyday Anytime... Besides that Who's been seeing the Pre Game Dunks LeBron does before every game...Magic has offered to Give $1million dollars to the winner of the next slam dunk contest that's if LeBron decides to compete....Miami Heat Forever

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Ikbobby(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
cr7lomo.:

Wots wrong wit u , seems like u a teenager and u jst startd watchin d NBA. Kobe is well above james, james is jst 2nd 2 him. Kobe won 5 james 1, do u nid 2 go 2 skool 2 undastand. Av bin watchin NBA since 91 nd am sure al d gr8s wil place kobe ahead of james. Y sud mj b jealous 4 som1 dat wunt reach his heights
leBron's still a better player than kobe..
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by Ikbobby(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
mba emeka: Team Lebron it is. The most complete player in history. At 28 already has a ring and 2 olympic gold medals to his credit. Please add a world title to that too. His stats keep improving. Youngest at over 20,000 pts thus far. Please remember that MJ got his first title at about the same age even later. Kobe is there quite all right but with all his selfish play and arrogance to go with it.

#Team Lebron #TeamMiami

Also Henry was once greater than Zizou (the 03/04 season in particular).
I Feel U Bro!!! #MiamiHeat all day!!!
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by chucky234(m): 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
Roland17: Personally i would take Kobe all day..

LBJ is talented, but i feel like he's a hyped product of the social media and ESPN..

Today's modern game has greatly evolved where shooters are the all in all there are no more low post players or defenders, that makes breezing past players easier today, like u mentioned, there is no way LBJ would have being the best in the era of Charles Barkley, Dikembe, Olajunwon, Drexler etal.

Mentally, Kobe is king over LBJ, like MJ he's able to get into your head, he takes trivial things personal in the game and it does not surprise me MJ picked him over LBJ.

Like my pal A40 noted on the NBA thread about Kobe still being relevant, competing and guarding the best players in the opposing teams, who are much younger, speaks a lot about Kobe..

LBJ can enjoy the frenzy right now, but i think Uncle Kyrie is coming faster than we imagine, that kid would happen so fast Durant would wonder how it happened!!!

Are you serious? Lebron James hyped? I cant believe this,Kobe Bryant benefited from an invincible team assembled by Phil JACKSON while Lebron was playing with average team.
LA Lakers with the talented superstar duo of Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant upfront, the strong supporting cast of Glen Rice, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Devean George, A. C. Green, Robert Horry, and Brian Shaw you dont expect Lakers to loose a game.
Lebron had non of such stars playing to support him at Cavaliers as the team's play depended entirely on James,Kobe will never be able to carry LA Lakers to conference final single handedly,Lebron has amazing career records that cannot be disputed.

I am sure you are a LERNER.

1 Like

Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
stanleybiggie: robert horry has 7 rings!so is he better than jordan!?
So lemme get this straight Lebron is Jordan and Kobe is Robert Horry grin grin grin

Robert Horry has been Finals MVP right? And has also been an All-star for 15 straight years?
Re: Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? by A40(m): 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2013
chucky234: Are you serious? Lebron James hyped? I cant believe this,Kobe Bryant benefited from an invincible team assembled by Phil JACKSON while Lebron was playing with average team.
LA Lakers with the talented superstar duo of Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant upfront, the strong supporting cast of Glen Rice, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Devean George, A. C. Green, Robert Horry, and Brian Shaw you dont expect Lakers to loose a game.
Lebron had non of such stars playing to support him at Cavaliers as the team's play depended entirely on James,Kobe will never be able to carry LA Lakers to conference final single handedly,Lebron has amazing career records that cannot be disputed.

I am sure you are a LERNER.
You people should stop telling fables!! Robert Horry was never a star!! My goodness you even added Rick Fox,Devean George and Derek Fisher in your list! Brian Shaw too! Una fit resurrect dead body I swear! Glen Rice only took part in one title winning season and he was the 3rd option! Played no defense and didn't fit in in Phil Jackson's system

Lebron benefited from playing in a weaker Eastern conference! Where teams with less than a .500 win percentage made the playoffs! If he was out West he wouldn't make the playoffs for his first 4 seasons at least

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Everton Confirm Appointment Of Duncan Ferguson As Caretaker Manager / Taiwo Awoniyi Nominated For August Premier League POTM Award / London 2012: 7 Cameroonian Athletes Abscond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.