Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance (1541 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Lagos Commences Power Generation From Organic Wastes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by MAYOWAAK: 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola blew a whooping $500,000 on “appearance fee ‘for American reality television personality, Kim Kardashian.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that the extra budgetary largese excludes first class tickets for she and her crew, accomodation, logistics, security etc.

Despite staying less than a day in the city of Lagos the pregnant star was paid a reported $500,000 for her fleeting visit, angering some commentators and citizens of the state.

Kim’s visit to Nigeria unfortunately coincided with the kidnapping of seven foreigners, including one Briton, by armed men in the north of the country. An Islamist group later claimed responsibility.

The mother-to-be, married to rap star Kanye West, was in Lagos to ‘co-host’ the Love Like A Movie event with African R’n’B crooner Darey Art-Alade, for which tickets cost N100,000, or $640.

But according to local reports Kim stayed at the event for 45 minutes, making a 45-second statement on the microphone.

Independent Nigerian TV station Channels Television reported: ‘There were disappointments after Kim Kardashian came on stage for only 40 seconds.’

The channel posted pictures of the smiling star wearing a black leather dress, posing alongside the performers including 2Face, Waje, Banky W, Ice Prince, Mo’Eazy and Zaina.

Guardian blogger Jeremy Weate described how Kim’s visit was an example of the country’s economic elite ‘blowing its money on bling puffery while most of the country suffers’.

He wrote: ‘Ms Kardashian appeared, said, “Hey Naija” and vamoosed. The rumour was that she’d been paid 500,000 Benjamins for the honour of mixing with the petro-class.’

Commentators in the country made reference to Kim’s infamous sex tape as they queried why a woman of dubious ‘moral rating’ should be in the country at all.

This Day newspaper’s Eddy Odivwri wrote: ‘Many families are not exactly comfortable with her lifestyle, as she hardly cuts the image of a role model to a generation in need of a moral dress up.’

‘Kim was criticised for her brief marriage to Kris Humphries, with Charles Mgbolu for AllAfrica writing: ‘It is uncertain how much Kim is loved in Nigeria as she fell sour to a lot of her fans after her divorce with former hubby Kris Humphries in a marriage that lasted barely 72 days.’

And it wasn’t just in Nigeria that eyebrows were raised, with Ghana based site GhanaCelebrities.com writing: ‘My questions is; what is wrong with us Africans?

‘When did Kim Kardashian become so good at hosting that she has to be paid thousands of dollars and be brought to Nigeria to handle a concert?’

Kim seemed oblivious to the controversy, however, as she left on an Air France flight.

Looking tired she was later pictured arriving in Los Angeles, her bump hidden beneath a simple white shirt which she teamed with black trousers.

But she did manage a smile for the cameras, perhaps glad to be home.

The 32-year-old tweeted: ‘Just landed back home! 20 hrs of flying. No big deal.’

With agency report from Daily mail

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/gov-fashola-wastes-500000-on-kim-kardashians-40-seconds-appearance/
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by GARRIx7(m): 6:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=58pt]BIG FAT LIE !!![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by modicum: 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Following a disturbing news that l read in some threads on Facebook this morning that Fashola brought in one Kim Kardashian( hope l got the spelling right) into Lagos for a whooping $500,000, l called the Governor to register my anger and he retorted:" Kim what? Who is he?" I said it's a HE but a SHE. He said he was hearing such name fir the first time. Asking "what time did she come and for which event? Of what value would such a person add to my government that l would bring her down with such amount of money? Am hearing this for the first time. My government has absolutely nothing to do with her". This calmed me down as l was boiling with rage when l called him.Richard Akinnola II
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
Isn't she the one that 'blew' Brandys' baby brother; captured on video? undecided.......oh! and Ghana should mind their own business!
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Ejine(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
The story is a fat lie as it was Darey and his team who brought Kim Kardashian.

The concert had nothing to do with the government for crying out loud.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by takedat(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yellow journalism thrives because of the easily taken in and credulous readers! How come they couldn't provide any link or insight detailing how Fashola effected the payment? Are we just to believe a farfetched story from an unreputable blog that is only interested in sensationalising lies?
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by jmaine: 7:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
Useless fable . . . . . . .
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by EkoAtlantic: 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2013
Lies angry
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by alkadriyar(m): 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
GARRI (x7):
[size=58pt]BIG FAT LIE !!![/size]
dont mind the OP. Its only a propaganda by SS nd SE to defame d guy. APC is scaring them, but they wont succed.

1 Like

Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2013
what has fashola got to do with kim kardashian? did they see eye to eye?
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Worldlife: 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Haba ops ar u high, only people with less morally will believe u, u better look 4 smting else angry
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
It is a shame to waste such a huge amount on a talent-less wanna be celebrity, who is confused about what she want from life... just to grace an occasion... Height of gullibility I guess.
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
OP, Kim is not married to Kanye West, at least not yet.
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by taharqa: 8:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
Are u ppl not tired of LIES on all sides....*smh*
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by ifihearam: 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
SO WHO PAID HER
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by GARRIx7(m): 8:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam: SO WHO PAID HER

Select the correct option.

A) Mukina2

B) Jim Iyke

C) Seun

D) Mr Ibu

E) All of the Above

F) None of the Above

2 Likes

Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Igwe9(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
ifihearam: SO WHO PAID HER
Good question grin those that went to watch her.
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2013
I don't see how this lie will stop APC from destroying PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
Does Kim Kardashian believe in love? Why would she host an event tagged 'love like a movie' when her life is all about hopping from one man to another devoid of emotions.
Alas, what a wasted generation!
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by waleadex(m): 12:40am On Feb 20, 2013
@ OP I am so mad @ you for misinformation.Plus,are you a "fidifi" agent?Fashola of all people,never.Better lies next time,@ OP ok?
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by DuduNegro: 1:37am On Feb 20, 2013
The Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola blew a whooping $500,000 on “appearance fee ‘for American reality television personality, Kim Kardashian.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that the extra budgetary largese excludes first class tickets for she and her crew, accomodation, logistics, security etc.

PDP mouthpiece!
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by Freewilly(f): 1:52am On Feb 20, 2013
Just maybe Fashola is having a romantic affair with Kim K. It won't surprise me a bit.
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by koruji(m): 2:17am On Feb 20, 2013
Even the article shows that the Lagos state government had nothing to do with the Kim affair (no pun intended).
But they had to titled it like illiterates to get people to read it, not minding how they could tarnish someone's image.
SMH.

modicum: Following a disturbing news that l read in some threads on Facebook this morning that Fashola brought in one Kim Kardashian( hope l got the spelling right) into Lagos for a whooping $500,000, l called the Governor to register my anger and he retorted:" Kim what? Who is he?" I said it's a HE but a SHE. He said he was hearing such name fir the first time. Asking "what time did she come and for which event? Of what value would such a person add to my government that l would bring her down with such amount of money? Am hearing this for the first time. My government has absolutely nothing to do with her". This calmed me down as l was boiling with rage when l called him.Richard Akinnola II
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by idupaul: 7:30am On Feb 20, 2013
Its obvious Lagos had no hand in her coming
Re: Gov Fashola Wastes $500,000 On Kim Kardashian’s 45 Minutes Appearance by antsut(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
GEJ 'spent $1million Of Aid Money On Featuring Beyoncé And And Jay-z'
https://www.nairaland.com/1206635/gej-spent-1million-aid-money

(1) (Reply)

I Bought A House At 14 – Atiku. Omo, See Comedy / Anambra State Guber Election Only God Or Massive Rigging Can Stop Ngige / APC Will Never Rule Nigeria – Adeyeye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.