Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You (3469 Views)

Earn More Money On Your Blog By Creating Your Own Products / What's Your Own Website Address? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You by soloqy: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
myviewr:

you are putting your self above your customer humble yourself your not to be for 10,000 no one is

you do this have 10 customers you add on thats 200,000 plus 10,000 every month

What is your issue if he says he cant do that low for his *Time*?

You want to do 10 by 10 each month that gives you 100. He says his time is worth more than that and does 1 for 100k and maybe 4 or 5 per month or even 2 months. What is that to you? To each his own.

You have the time to do 10 sites for 10 k each or lower, he says he values his time more, what in the world is the issue?

Just as you are preaching on Nairaland, there is a demographic that doesn't care about what you are preaching and are in fact not interested to know what you are talking about and dont have that time you are asking them to spend to get their website. And guess what? They want to pay a professional to do it. They appreciate and respect other people's professions. They are big lawyers,who will walk anyone out of their office, who dares ask them : "Are you charging me such a huge amount just to produce a document for me"? They are big medical practitioners who surely, don't even want to dabble in what doesn't concern them. They are big hoteliers who know that a room at their hotels can cost up to 150, 000 per night. They would laugh at you when you come and tell them that you want to show them a secret on how those 'bad webmasters' are cheating them.

Everyone has their level at which they operate. If you are comfortable with your level, by all means stay there. The mistake some of you make is that you think people with really serious web projects, come to Nairaland to sample opinions. They dont. Believe me, I know what am talking about.

The people who come to sample opinions on their web design project on Nairaland are (1)people who want to learn, (2)people who have very limited funds, start-ups who know that they can see very cheap website adverts here(Most times they grumble on after the site is done and wait and hope for when they will get enough money to hire better professionals), (3)Bloggers and web enthusiasts.

This topic has been debated so many times before, if it was "dealing with those bad/greedy web professionals" as was hoped, I bet everyone would have felt it.

So for you and Funkymedina, next time , open a thread and give information and tutorials on how to build websites. Don't open threads with titles that make it seem as if some web designer took your girlfriends/wives with the huge money he made from a project . grin
Re: Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You by GraphicsPlus(m): 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
@Soloqy, thank u for that intelligent comment.

@OP, if u have ear, listen. If u dont have, then continue fighting a lost battle.

Good day.
Re: Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You by happyfamily726: 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
Please I Need Someone That Can Build A Site For Me...I Want The Website To Be About Selling Flowers... I Want Something Like This http://bloomstoday.com or http://www.justflowers.com Please if You Can Build A Flower Like This.. Kindly Call 07065721189

Thanks.
Re: Creating Your Own Website And Not Letting People Cheat You by zikclassiq(m): 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
GraphicsPlus: When u ar serious we wil know. It is only babies like u that wil hail and like this unprofessional post. I hope u know, wix.com is also making big money out of ur copy and paste lifestyle.

There is no serious business person that wil go to wix and edit a certain template for his business website.

Do u know that people pay millions for a logo design? Ok, tell them to stop paying and go to certain free logo creator framework and get their logos free.

I can tell u that most web developers out there don't use frameworks or templates. By the way, who developed such frameworks like cake php? It was people that know the code, not wix customers.

If u download a template from wix, what happens when u want to redesign ur website maybe to mark an anniversary, and u want a particular style, color and feel in the website, what wil u do? U wil start searching all the free templates to see the one that fits what u want? Or u hire a professional web developer to give u a customized design? The choice is urs.
abi o! For every template you download and want it customised to 'your taste', there is a css file that comes with it. If you have no idea of css, php or even basic html, how can ur site get that professional feel?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qservers.net Is About To Scam Me, Please Help (what Should I Do ?) / 103 English Abbreviated Words And Meaning For Whatsapp,twitter Chat / ATM Withdrawal, US Dollars To Nigerian Naira Is Still At N185 Per Dollar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.