Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. (3508 Views)

Buy Your Cars At Cotonu At Cheap Rate / ********VIPERMANS Best PRE-ORDER Deals ( Check Through This Thread) ********** / Get Your Cheap Cars From Cotonu With Original Custom Papers, new bb pin-7C85D855 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by enokoko: 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2008
This is to inform all auto searchers of the Nairaland site that based on dug out info, i have discovered that it is possible to bring in cars from Cotonu without any hassle.

According to our source in customs, the vehicle has to be

1. Seme Cleared xxxx ' meaning that it must follow all due clearing processes from the Bene customs first b4 being cleared by Nigerian Customs.

2. All duties of the vehicle has to be paid at the customs point.

3. The only accredited Bank that handles clearing and payment of custom duties is Union Bank. Anyother, as for now is regarded as illegal, unless authorized by the customs.

Please note that when all these procedures are erred to, then you can purchase any vehicle even if it is a 94 model vehicle at cotonu.

Please note that the most important thing is that FIRST and foremost the vehicle most have a seme customs clearing verified by the Nigerian Customs. Anything other than that is pure SMUGGLING.

As regarding this, if you want to purchase any car from cotonu then you can call any of the following numbers below.

Eno: 08034317041, Ope: 08023611318.

or send us a mail at g2consults@yahoo.com

you can check our previous adverts beside the name "ENOKOKO"

Thanks

For:
G2 CONSULTS
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Fadar(m): 3:07am On Mar 17, 2008
Hey, i don't understand, does it mean a more than 8yrs old car can be shipped into naija from Cotonu?
And can you help provide me with any information on how to get a car from Cotonou into Naija, i want to send my old car to my bros in naija, its a 1997 Nissan maxima.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Fadar(m): 3:10am On Mar 17, 2008
Sorry, my email is bigfadar@yahoo.com, you can send it there for privacy, if you want, and anybody that has the answer can respond, PS.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Emperoh(m): 9:39am On Mar 17, 2008
Please note that th Poster has triggered my alarm bell for Fraud.

For your information, IMPORTATION OF CARS MORE THAN 8 YEARS OLD IS BANNED IN NIGERIA AND IMPORTATION OF CARS THROUGH LAND BORDERS IS ALSO BANNED

So before anyone falls for this Mugu please check again!!!
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by viperman: 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2008
Emperoh:

Please note that th Poster has triggered my alarm bell for Fraud.

For your information, IMPORTATION OF CARS MORE THAN 8 YEARS OLD IS BANNED IN NIGERIA AND IMPORTATION OF CARS THROUGH LAND BORDERS IS ALSO BANNED

So before anyone falls for this Mugu please check again!!!

Dude, will you just keep quiet if you don't know what obtains?? Why do some of you just accuse anybody that comes on this site of fraud?

Yes, i agree to the fact that there are a lot of fraudsters on this site e.g the fools that called me telling me about some oil company pipeline washing chemicals; But that doesn't mean there aren't honest dealers on this Site/auto section.
As for the aspersions you casted on enokoko above; I believe you ought to apologize to him as they are not only wrong, but totally uncalled for.
As we speak i have two cars(one 1993 and a 1996 camry) that were brought in from cotonou for me on saturday. So Kindly retrace your steps and tune your alarm bell properly in lieu of next time.

cheers.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by brownbonno(m): 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2008
viperman:

Dude, will you just keep quiet if you don't know what obtains?? Why do some of you just accuse anybody that comes on this site of fraud?

Yes, i agree to the fact that there are a lot of fraudsters on this site e.g the fools that called me telling me about some oil company pipeline washing chemicals; But that doesn't mean there aren't honest dealers on this Site/auto section.
As for the aspersions you casted on enokoko above; I believe you ought to apologize to him as they are not only wrong, but totally uncalled for.
As we speak i have two cars(one 1993 and a 1996 camry) that were brought in from cotonou for me on saturday. So Kindly retrace your steps and tune your alarm bell properly in lieu of next time.

cheers.

Yes,there are different sides to a coin.Although i am not supporting the accusation,it will nice to support the good information of the poster by given more information on how your cars came into Naija.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by kaypinchi(m): 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
brownbonno:

Yes,there are different sides to a coin.Although i am not supporting the accusation,it will nice to support the good information of the poster by given more information on how your cars came into Naija.

@viperman

Haba! Take am easy o!
Just wanted to find out, is shipping cars into Naija from Cotonou legit? as in does not contravene any laid law?

Your answer tothis will throw more light to this discussion.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by viperman: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2008
kaypinchi:

@viperman

Haba! Take am easy o!
Just wanted to find out, is shipping cars into Naija from Cotonou legit? as in does not contravene any laid law?

Your answer to this will throw more light to this discussion.

First, they are not 'shipped'; They are moved(in via land) in.
Now, as for being legit or not: As long as you follow due process with the custom officers of both country-sides at the border, it's legit.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Emperoh(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2008
@Viperman
You expect me to retrace when you have not explained what I ought to understand. When you were upbraiding me, i thought you were about to explain how it works and what makes it Legit but here u are telling me how many of your cars that came in thru Cotonou. Does that make it Legit.

For your Info, I said Importation of Cars Thru LanD Border is BANNED and here you are saying "Moved In" Does that change the situation? As long as that car was not registered in Naija, IT IS SMUGGLING.word!!!
Else, explain to me how to deal with the Customs officer to makeit Legit (Maybe bribing).

Yes, all the cars my brother sent and was sold in Nigeria that were Above 8yrs, Were smuggled in from Cotonou. You can get to Bargain with the Customs Officers between 40 and 70k. They will settle their officers on the route to lagos and will DRIVE THE CAR IN QUESTION THEMSELVES TO YOUR PLACE
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Emperoh(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2008
@Viperman
You expect me to retrace when you have not explained what I ought to understand. When you were upbraiding me, i thought you were about to explain how it works and what makes it Legit but here u are telling me how many of your cars that came in thru Cotonou. Does that make it Legit.

For your Info, I said Importation of Cars Thru Land Border is BANNED and here you are saying "Moved In" Does that change the situation? As long as that car was not registered in Naija, IT IS SMUGGLING.word!!!
Else, explain to me how to deal with the Customs officer to makeit Legit (Maybe bribing).

Yes, all the cars my brother sent and was sold in Nigeria that were Above 8yrs, Were smuggled in from Cotonou. You can get to Bargain with the Customs Officers between 40 and 70k. They will settle their officers on the route to lagos and will DRIVE THE CAR IN QUESTION THEMSELVES TO YOUR PLACE
So how that makes it legit is still a mystery to me or Viper I believe there is something I don't know U know and you are not telling me. I will love to hear you debunk these claims!!!!!
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by hammers(m): 12:13pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ VIPERMAN

FOR HOW MUCH CAN I GET A BULLDOG- AUTOMATIC WITH A-C
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by ndubest(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2008
@Viperman

You have in the past made noise that all your cars come into through the PORT grin grin

Does it mean that statement is not true

Bringing in car through the land borders is[b] illegal[/b]

surely the customs will collect something and do it for you but does that make it LEGITIMATE

I think LEGITIMACY is the main question here
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by enokoko: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2008
ViperMan thanks for the support anyway! I feel people as they reply this add because there is indeed a ban on cars les than 8 years old. The question is that,"How many of us can afford to buy a car above the 1million mark" Even young bank guys that are bachelors are looking for simple cars at their own budget.

Anyway to clear any other doubt, cos really i feel so bad a guy called Emperoh cud call me a fraudster?

If you want a car from cotonu, First and foremost, the vehicle has to be SEME cleared. There is nothing wrong in importing a car from another african neighbouring country, as long as it follows due process.

first it has to be SEME cleared

After cleared by the Seme customs, you then clear at the Nigerian customs.

it is important that the actual duty of the car is paid. Many dealers don't pay duties and thereby seek to smuggle the car through the bush paths. If caught, the vehicle is confisticated.

I can't say much but i will prefer if anyone wants to clear his doubts, shud give me a call and we'll talk.

Once again Viperman and all of you thanks for the vindication and as for Emperoh please be careful b4 you answer any add like that. it was very bad and really depressing.

i believe in a better Nigeria were guys like us will get things done more legitlly and properly without frauding anyone. The person that buys cars for my clients from cotonu can easily verify your fears.Just call and we'll talk.

Thanks you guys and take care.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Emperoh(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2008
@Enokoko
I did not intend to label you a fraudster. All damages my message may have caused your person is duly and sincerely regretted. I tender forthwith my unreserved apologies.

That aside, there is something that has not been cleared;
In 2005, the Govt of Olusegun Obasanjo banned the importation of some goods mostly due to the availability of local substitutes. And foutunately or otherwise cars above 8yrs were also banned so was the Importation of Cars thru all Land Borders in the country because of what they termed was making our country a dumping ground for old unwated autos in Europe and America.

I have 2 very good relatives that import cars. 1 from Switzerland and the other from United States of America. As long as that car is above 8yrs, they are sending them to Nigeria via Cotonou. The one in Swiss has suffered 2 losses because the agent working for him didn't settle the appropriate people hence he lost a 1996 BMW 735i to Custom officers in 2006 and later a Honda Accord 1995 to Customs in 2007.

For all his imports, i have been involved and at no point were we asked to pay for duties for the cars. And just like some other people do we call a normal office that we work with, bargain with him depending on the type of car btw 40k and 65k. We hand over the car to him after we must have cleared with the Beninois Gendarmes and one of his boys wait on him till around early morning when they tke off. On a good day, before 6am the folowing day, we take delivery of the car in FESTAC and sell it from there.
So brother if you are paying any duty, I don't know but i have just given you a detailed movement of our cars.

My questions then are;
What duty are you paying for when the product you are importing is Banned?
To whom and are you always issued a receipt and clearance to that effect?
Why do they not collect such duty for cars that age at the Seaports?

Simply this issue is Illegit and has no basis for being legitimate whether you pay "Duty" or not.

Answer these question and clear the air for any doubts i might have in my mind.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Fadar(m): 5:53pm On Mar 18, 2008
Emperoh, your explanation is clear to me, i will like to call you and discuss, i have a 1997 nissan maxima that i want to send down to my pappy
and a 1996 BMW 318 Convertible that i want to send and use there in naija this december, then sale when am leaving, this two cannot be
be cleared in naija, so i will like to use your connection, that's if you don't mind.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by viperman: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
Emperoh:

@Viperman
You expect me to retrace when you have not explained what I ought to understand. When you were upbraiding me, i thought you were about to explain how it works and what makes it Legit but here u are telling me how many of your cars that came in through Cotonou. Does that make it Legit.

For your Info, I said Importation of Cars Thru Land Border is BANNED and here you are saying "Moved In" Does that change the situation? As long as that car was not registered in Naija, IT IS SMUGGLING.word!!!

So how that makes it legit is still a mystery to me or Viper I believe there is something I don't know You know and you are not telling me. I will love to hear you debunk these claims!!!!!

Dude, it's as simple as eno has stated above. You just clear your papers with both the seme customs officers and the naija officers. once that is done you drive your car legitimately into lagos. The only thing there is that to clear older cars above the banned years, you pay more duty. That is the unwritten rule. Your people probably lost their cars because thy wanted to bring the cars in through what we know as 'FIREWALL', the bush-path boys.
Those are the people who SMUGGLE cars in. When they come in they fabricate papers for you. That is probably what they tried doign for your relatives that lost thier cars.

ndubest:

@Viperman

You have in the past made noise that all your cars come into through the PORT grin grin

Does it mean that statement is not true

Bringing in car through the land borders is[b] illegal[/b]

surely the customs will collect something and do it for you but does that make it LEGITIMATE

I think LEGITIMACY is the main question here

That i am supporting enokoko doesn't mean that the cars i sold then are cotonou cars. Besides, cotonou cars are no longer in my black book as i'v come to realize that they have the same quality as the ones we clear directly from lagos port. Only that they are just shipped to a different location due to cheaper port clearing and all.

Notwithstanding, I'm not disputing the fact that over there you wont find lemon cars, You just have to be a professional to be able to differentiate the lemon from the oranges grin
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by brownbonno(m): 3:17am On Mar 19, 2008
@Enokoko,

I sent you an email,please reply if you have got the time yo do so.
Thx

Viperman,

Thanks for the explanation because the greedy clearing agents will not let you know of a legit way around the Cotonou route.(except the fire brigade route)
Can you through more light on the tarrif ranges to be paid to the seme/naija clearing borders.Are Right Hand Drive(RHD) allowed ?
Thanks.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Fadar(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2008
I have ask this before, but no answer.
Can a pickup truck of any kind and year be cleared in Naija?
since it's also a business oriented vehicle.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by viperman: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2008
brownbonno:

@Enokoko,

I sent you an email,please reply if you have got the time yo do so.
Thx

Viperman,

Thanks for the explanation because the greedy clearing agents will not let you know of a legit way around the Cotonou route.(except the fire brigade route)
Can you through more light on the tarrif ranges to be paid to the seme/naija clearing borders.Are Right Hand Drive(RHD) allowed ?
Thanks.

Tariff depends on vehicle year and vehicle type. I don't know about RHDs because i don't deal in them.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by obua: 11:58am On Mar 19, 2008
There is no age restriction on pickup trucks and all other commercial vehicles, including vans, buses etc
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Midas02(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2008
Viperman,

Fire on joo!! grin
Why are people acting alarmed like they do not know where most cars in lagos come from??. The truth is that a good 60% to 70% of the cars on the road in Nigerian came in through Cotonou/Lome. If the question is about legitimacy, perhaps you should buy a newer car! People do what they have to do to survive because their government only caters to the needs of the noveau-rich!! Next time you see Obasanjo in his farm, ask him if his wealth is legit and if them ask you to serve as government minister, ask if Yardua's government is legitimate cheesy

Dem talk say make hungry man come chop, he talk say se na ajino-moto or na maggi them take cook am?? Wetin concern hungry man with that one!! cheesy
For many people, the choice is between Cotonou car or Molue, you come dey ask silly question!!

The Nigerian government is loosing billions annually in revenue to Cotonou, while the Beninous government has deliberately set its policies to continue to cash in on the gaping hole left by the harsh and unrealistic policies of a government that is insensitive to the needs and plight of its people!
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Teejay07(m): 12:55am On Mar 21, 2008
Hi All,

yes it is possible to import cars into Nigeria legitimately through the Seme or Idiroko borders. The vehicles will be assessed based on set rates and the fees due will be paid before the vehicle is brought in. However, to the best of my knowledge these are for cars that fall within the 8-year age limit - as I am yet to see any older than 8years that has been legally brought in through these two points.

Also, like its been mentioned earlier in here, you could have your vehicle 'flown in' (get what I mean?) - if they are over the age limit. Infact, this is about the easiest way to bring in vehicles from Cotonou and Lome.

I am not  a car dealer, but I have been to Cotonou (don't ask me what I went for) and the only people allowed to drive cars that have been bought by foreigners are actually the citizens of Benin. And, when your vehicle is brought out from the park you have two weeks within which to get it out of the country.

Nigeria has been losing money for ages through this mean. Once again, it is possible to legally bring vehicles from Cotonou to Nigeria.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by Fadar(m): 5:25am On Mar 21, 2008
Though i don't know much about this, but my common sense tells me that
any car above the age limit that enters the country, is not through ligit. means.
The law clearly state that and there's no clause that say's " unless brought in through seme
or any land border." But if your car is within the age limit, the story is different.
This is why the custom officers are buying houses overseas, and their children
here are not working, they go to school every year and even celebrate the
birthday of their puppies, like whitie.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by erico2k2(m): 3:16am On May 26, 2008
Hi guys, I posted an add here ages ago requesting LHD dashboard for specific cars, any Dude here from California? if so holla at me plz, and the next, I have a BMW325i due to land cotonou 30th of may 08, anybody know a good crosser to lagos plz let meknow, all of you here wey dey speak big big oyibo about whats legit or whats not legit make una close unu big mouth, thos who make the rules in nigeria are very clever, its designed to cater for a very few, we know who, theres nothing legit in cars above 8 yrs crossing from cotonou to nigeria its clear and easy as ABC, but cars dey enter everyday customs dey take thier share even for lagos cars above 8yrs still get in there once you get a ship that will agree to carry your c ar, if you notice very well, its the guys in Nigeria who dont know the runs, guys abroad ship cars daily so know the runs, but what you guys need to do is to go to cotonou and find out whats going on there instead trying to kill people hand here who are looking for contacts to clear cars and make quick doe after government bann their means of hustling in lagos port.
one love sha
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by sonety2k(m): 8:30pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Vipeman

@ Enokoko

Please how much will it cost me for -to move Golf3 93/96 & Ford Explorer 1996 model through

the SEME / NAIJA CLEARING BORDER VIA COTONOU , waiting for your respond via my mail add -

sonety2k@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by geniusbami(m): 1:30am On Sep 27, 2009
@ Vipeman

I've seen your hand on this forum and I want to know what my landed cost would be if I want to bring in a 2004 Lexus 330 from Cotonou.

Thanks.
Re: Afraid Of Cotonu Deals? Check This Info Out, And Give Us A Call If. by geniusbami(m): 1:31am On Sep 27, 2009
@ Vipeman

I've seen your hand on this forum and I want to know what my landed cost would be if I want to bring in a 2004 Lexus 330 from Cotonou.
I'm at geniusbami@yahoo.com

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Jetta Observation And Advice / 2008 Honda Civic @ 1.45 / Very Neat Toyota Camry Tiny-light @ 980k (08096577304)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.