Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong (7950 Views)

EFCC Probes Centenary City Project / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! / Insulting The Admin Is Totally Uncivilized And Uncalled For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by oluagness(m): 11:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Very close to "de-amalgamation". Why are we still living together under pretense? Some dude enjoy it while others are not. May god deliver us.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by OrigamiIII: 11:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Le Ostrich: after spending half a million dollars to host that no-talent gold digger hoe.

Hypocrisy!

The likes of Fashola should rejoice that Nigeria exists in the first place.

All your IGR won't have been possible if it were Odua Republic and Lagos would have been a bigger slum than it is.
Your likes is responsible for the lagos slums.You came into lagos without having a place to stay other than resorting to slum creation.Odua states have enough resources to cater for hersel.Crude oil,bitumen,natural gas,solid minerals etc just name it.Wisdom is better than running your foul mouth at people who have given you friendly and peaceful abode.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by LeOstrich: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2013
Origami III:
Your likes is responsible for the lagos slums.You came into lagos without having a place to stay other than resorting to slum creation.Odua states have enough resources to cater for hersel.Crude oil,bitumen,natural gas,solid minerals etc just name it.Wisdom is better than running your foul mouth at people who have given you friendly and peaceful abode.

you are a b@stard. how about the money that Fashola and the whole rogue ACN governors contributed to Tinibu's birthday?

Answer me! f00l!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Dee60: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2013
GEJ's attack dogs may have massively infiltrated NL judging from the statements of some people here. And it seems this is their full time job, so they are early to post comments. The question Fashola asked is simple: Why are you celebrating amalgamation when you could not even observe Nigeria's independence? When you put too much money in the hands of clueless leaders this is what happens. They do not know what to do with money again other than to spend 4 Million to feed themselves daily, one million to feed their dogs, 4 billion to build a meeting room for their wives...meanwhile, common headache they will start looking for German doctors in Germany, and common light is still a mirage in the whole country, and Nigerians have to send their children to school in Ghana. Spending billions to celebrate amalgamation does not cement the ethnic nationalities into one. What is required is a sovereign conference to spell out how we want to manage ourselves!

6 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by ikweremilitant: 11:43am On Feb 20, 2013
chiover: In other words governor fashola is calling for disintegration of Nigeria come 2014. Biafra is d only country that must pull out of Nigeria o. Yoruba and hausa must marry each other as one Nigeria lolZzzzzzzzzzz
let me add plus nija delta republic nd middle belt republic.yorubas can join dia mastas in nigeria
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by jagabanban: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
Most of the comments on this thread clearly indicates that the readers either did not understand what Fashola said or are already prejudiced, and as such would attack whatever he said. Its importatnt to comment within the context of the news else just indicate that you are simply passing by and move on . . .

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
Dee60:

Please read Fasola's statement afresh. never good to stop at the headline! It can be misleading.
Listen my dear, Fashola is a known bigot. He is anti-poor, very very tribal and cunningly regional. He is a great governor, but he cant do anything without the monthly Allocation from the Amalgamated Regions, one of which is my Niger Delta. If a noble son of Niger Delta can be peaceful and welcoming and allow other regions to share the common wealth which account for our revenue, who is Fashola, a governor of a region that was developed with my Oil Money and is still being run by my Oil money to question our accidental but natural political union. I think Fashola believes he has nothing to lose by making undesirable statements but I need to warn Fashola that his tenure is about to end soon, and he will become a common man like me, then we will sweat it out on the streets of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by LeOstrich: 11:46am On Feb 20, 2013
Dee60: GEJ's attack dogs may have massively infiltrated NL judging from the statements of some people here. And it seems this is their full time job, so they are early to post comments. The question Fashola asked is simple: Why are you celebrating amalgamation when you could not even observe Nigeria's independence? When you put too much money in the hands of clueless leaders this is what happens. They do not know what to do with money again other than to spend 4 Million to feed themselves daily, one million to feed their dogs, 4 billion to build a meeting room for their wives...meanwhile, common headache they will start looking for German doctors in Germany, and common light is still a mirage in the whole country, and Nigerians have to send their children to school in Ghana. Spending billions to celebrate amalgamation does not cement the ethnic nationalities into one. What is required is a sovereign conference to spell out how we want to manage ourselves!

You are f00l! Because I can detect lies and hypocrisy does that make me or any one who dares disagrees with your "prophet" a paid goon for the PDP?

I have never voted in Nigeria and I hate the political class irrespective of their gang affiliation but I find the ACN the most corrupt and wicked party in Nigeria
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by LeOstrich: 11:48am On Feb 20, 2013
[size=40pt]Mr. Fashola can you tell me that the diversion of state funds to celebrate Tinibus's birthday is more rational than celebrating the amalgamation of a nation state?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by adexway(m): 11:49am On Feb 20, 2013
What's the proposed celebration for- that we were forced into 'marriage' for selfish reasons or that the amalgamation has profited nigerians? Dont be misled, whether fashola opposes it or not, a vast majority of nigerians do. Let the site moderator place conduct a vox pop on this platform to determine how many are in support of the celebration. It's all about a misplaced focus.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by ikweremilitant: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
sweet_gala: I fail to understand some of you ninkunpoos . what exactly are you complaining about! that he said the truth.
A Nigeria where SNC is being called for wants to celebrate an amalgamation which is still causing us hurt , an inevitable waste of national resources will accompany such a celebration so its high time we oppose such wasteful spending with one voice.

Is it cause Fashola said it or is it the content?.Even if a wicked man speaks the truth he needs to be acknowledged for doing so.
my dia pls do ur sf a favor dony subscribe to hypocrecy,cos dis is comg from yhe mouth of a pathological hypocret.d cetenary celebration is chosd to be celebratd due to our fragile existance as a nation dia by seen as a way of strengtng d union.nw d yaraba man makng ds noise nw comes from a region dat preaches one nija nd an activity dat promotes d so cald one nija came up he's busy sayng trash.dat means dy don't beleve in the union but only pretending.u made mention of snc;rember d west we're championg d couse for snc nd state police but choose to aliy with a region dat refusd vehemently on that agenda.nw the question is if apc sucides God forbide how will d west convince d north on snc nd state police off couse u knw d reply a blatant no.so leav fashola nd hm brodas with dia hypocresy we knw dm.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by ElCaballa(m): 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
Billyonaire: If Fashola is feeling uncomfortable with the Amalgamation of the Protectorates in 1914, does he think I, the noble son of the Oil Rich Niger-Delta is happy about it ? I hate to tell Fashola to short the f-u-c-k up and let the sleeping dogs lie. Lord Lugard amalgamated us without consulting the colonial Lords and the Colonial Lords did not revolt ? I think age and too much looted money is making Fashola unreasonable, by trying to make Federal Government look stupid, he is making himself look very daft to me right now. If Nigeria ceases to be a country, my networth will be heralded in Forbes magazine but Fashola's name will be 6ft deep.
Nonesense!

sometimes,i wonder if you reason with your brain or a.nus.SMH.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
El Caballa:

sometimes,i wonder if you reason with your brain or a.nus.SMH.
You are right about wondering, your life has always been about wondering, that's why you havent been able to meet up with your equals.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by LeOstrich: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
ikwere militant: my dia pls do ur sf a favor dony subscribe to hypocrecy,cos dis is comg from yhe mouth of a pathological hypocret.d cetenary celebration is chosd to be celebratd due to our fragile existance as a nation dia by seen as a way of strengtng d union.nw d yaraba man makng ds noise nw comes from a region dat preaches one nija nd an activity dat promotes d so cald one nija came up he's busy sayng trash.dat means dy don't beleve in the union but only pretending.u made mention of snc;rember d west we're championg d couse for snc nd state police but choose to aliy with a region dat refusd vehemently on that agenda.nw the question is if apc sucides God forbide how will d west convince d north on snc nd state police off couse u knw d reply a blatant no.so leav fashola nd hm brodas with dia hypocresy we knw dm.

Guy you said it all. I ma usually so angered anytime I am on this site that I find it had to articulate every single point at a time.

Please preach to this hypocrites.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Dee60: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Le Ostrich:

You are f00l! Because I can detect lies and hypocrisy does that make me or any one who dares disagrees with your "prophet" a paid goon for the PDP?

I have never voted in Nigeria and I hate the political class irrespective of their gang affiliation but I find the ACN the most corrupt and wicked party in Nigeria

Stop disguising....We know who you are!
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by LeOstrich: 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
Dee60:

well i no blame you... because i am here on this site with the likes of retards and sycophants like yourself, you assume I must be on the dole like you.

you owembe conceived b@stard
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by DobleO7: 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
What a way to go. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. smiley
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by takedat(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
Dee60:

Operation Multiple ID detector! Na so!
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by groovie(m): 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
The idea is good, my problem is that they are gonna spend so much on the celebration, maybe that was wat fashola was tryin to say indirectly
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by bleufaucon: 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
This Fashola man is an express and unequivocal product of imperialism which was and remain the main attribute of colonialism;going after the similitude of tyranny surreptitiously covered with garb of sanctity. These democrat devils who flagrantly display the qualities of their western masters only use words to deceive the simple and gullible richly found in Nigeria and steadily advance their ominous agenda in placing the people in dire servitude. They are all the same,politicians who will lay down the people's life's for the evil system of capitalism. Time will come when he will regret what he's done while in government.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by StOla: 12:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Le Ostrich:

well i no blame you... because i am here on this site with the likes of retards and sycophants like yourself, you assume I must be on the dole like you.

you owembe conceived b@stard

Guy, slow your roll, we don't need to know you're a bigot or that you're traumatized. Just contribute your opinion on the topic, and if you find yourself too distinguished to be here, remember the way you came in.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by saved: 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
badesco: But the same Fashola is busy leveling multiple taxes on its own citizens now want to resist fuel tax. He want to take but dont want to give, this world is about give and take. And the same Fashola continue to celebrate 100, 200, 300, 400, 1000 days in office in office yet sees the FG proposed Centenary Celebration as uncalled for.God will judge.
:- sir, consider the billions that will vanish with the celebration. If such a huge amount is used to buy transformers to improve electricity supply to Nigerians will it not be better? Are you enjoying 24hrs uninterrupted power supply in your area? Well, irrelevant expenses should be avoided like a plague . Thanks.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
Most of those arguing here against Fashola are not saying he is wrong...just that to them he shouldn't be the one saying it.

If he shouldn't be the one to say it....na una Papa go talk am?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by prettyboi1(m): 12:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
Legit1: My prayer is that Nigeria should divide before that year or day!. That will be a splendid reason to celebrate smiley

Mumu.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Orikinla(m): 12:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
[size=48pt]BRF, the kind of President Nigeria deserves.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by creativemusic: 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by nlofficial(m): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Billyonaire: If Fashola is feeling uncomfortable with the Amalgamation of the Protectorates in 1914, does he think I, the noble son of the Oil Rich Niger-Delta is happy about it ? I hate to tell Fashola to short the f-u-c-k up and let the sleeping dogs lie. Lord Lugard amalgamated us without consulting the colonial Lords and the Colonial Lords did not revolt ? I think age and too much looted money is making Fashola unreasonable, by trying to make Federal Government look stupid, he is making himself look very daft to me right now. If Nigeria ceases to be a country, my networth will be heralded in Forbes magazine but Fashola's name will be 6ft deep. Nonesense!

Crap! Your hatred is alarming.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by isquar3d3(m): 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Read it again boy, Please stay attention to details when reading it.
tnk u. but d problem here is u should be telling yourself that. oh and i did read it again and still stand by wat i wrote. can u show me where i missed it?
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by ZUBY77(m): 12:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
We celebrate when they gave us independence. We spent a lot of public fund doing that.

Then we are going to celebrate when they joined us together.. With huge money again..

People are hungry in this country. Help them first.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Billyonaire: Its nincompoops, learn to spell before you insult those who can spell.
..It's.., not its..Mr Billolodo.
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
pretty_boi:

Mumu.

Your father. smiley
Re: Fashola: Centenary Celebration Uncalled For, Wrong by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Le Ostrich:

you are a b@stard. how about the money that Fashola and the whole rogue ACN governors contributed to Tinibu's birthday?

Answer me! f00l!
why not rather concern ur urself with the looted fund meant for ur east-west road(plus series of several delapidated amenities) by ur governors,ministers and representatives..Abi na fashola fault again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Viral Video Shows Govt Official Molesting & Striping Woman Naked In A Restaurant / Reps Probe Missing N14.8bn In Customs Service / Transport Ministry Complies With FOI Request On $1.96 Billion Kano-Mardi Rail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.