Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button (1065 Views)

The ''dislike'' Button. / Who Do You Dislike Most On Nairaland? / My Thoughts On 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Sabretooth1(m): 11:26am On Feb 20, 2013
I feel the dislike button is long overdue for a great forum like Nairaland. I think such a button would make people think twice before making comments as no one would like to see dislikes accumulating on his comments. That way, it is even easier to 'dislike' a comment and move ahead instead of having to 'voice' it out and start an e-fight.

I propose Seun gives it a two/three-day trial at least. Have no fear, no one would get 'disliked' out of Nairaland.

My opinion. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Oahray: 11:31am On Feb 20, 2013
*screaming at the top of my voice*

I AGREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Front page please. Let Nairalanders have their say.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Lilimax(f): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2013
Sabre-tooth:
I feel the dislike button is long overdue for a great forum like Nairaland. I think such a button would make people think twice before making comments as no one would like to see dislikes accumulating on his comments. That way, it is even easier to 'dislike' a comment and move ahead instead of having to 'voice' it out and start an e-fight.

I propose Seun gives it a two/three-day trial at least. Have no fear, no one would get 'disliked' out of Nairaland.

My opinion. What do you guys think?

I would support the dislike button as it will stop a lot of internet trolls from making senseless comments. Also there are some sites on line that use RED ARROWS for 'dislike' comments. Let's give it a try.[color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Seun(m): 11:45am On Feb 20, 2013
Does Facebook have a dislike button?
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Bluesparkles(f): 11:45am On Feb 20, 2013
I do not agree that a dislike button would reduce e-fights. If anything, it would only be a weapon in the hands of supporters in the event of a fight, disliking the opponent's posts regardless of it's content. I frequent romance, family and politics sections (watching from the sidelines) and I know what I am saying.

However, I agree it would help reduce trolling, though I am not sure how -100 dislikes would stop a real troll from posting crap next time. I think it would make NL look more matured. It's a welcome idea.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 20, 2013
Seun: Does Facebook have a dislike button?

[size=13pt]I want to hide this comment. Lol.[/size]
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Sabretooth1(m): 11:51am On Feb 20, 2013
Well facebook is not exactly a forum. I think the comparison is unjust. Nairaland should not be tied under the shadows of Facebook. If you had created an exact replica of fb in 2005, would it have become the success that NL is today?

I know you have the final say at the end of the day, but I think you should give it a trial at least. I'm sure I am voicing the thought of many NLers.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Oahray: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hehehe... This oga Seun sef. I dunno what you believe sha, but I see with my eyes of faith, Nairaland moving on it's way past Facebook to the very top. Oya claim it wink

But seriously, the op has a point. Just try the thing nau, even if for just one day. It would not harm anyone, methinks.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by blackpanther25(m): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Well said smiley
Bluesparkles: I do not agree that a dislike button would reduce e-fights. If anything, it would only be a weapon in the hands of supporters in the event of a fight, disliking the opponent's posts regardless of it's content. I frequent romance, family and politics sections (watching from the sidelines) and I know what I am saying.

However, I agree it would help reduce trolling, though I am not sure how -100 dislikes would stop a real troll from posting crap next time. I think it would make NL look more matured. It's a welcome idea.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2013
I support. For the good of the Nairaland community. Personally, I don't like it cos my comments will be victimised .
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Mynd44: 1:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
You come here to argue that a dislike button would reduce fights and trolls but how? This is a forum and the point of a forum is to give your ideas about something and have a conversation about it. When you start disliking without stating why you are disliking it, what is the point? Nothing beats users quoting a post they disagree with and giving their own opinions and saying why they disagree instead of disliking.......

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Dfrenzy(m): 4:06am On Feb 21, 2013
Mynd_44: You come here to argue that a dislike button would reduce fights and trolls but how? This is a forum and the point of a forum is to give your ideas about something and have a conversation about it. When you start disliking without stating why you are disliking it, what is the point? Nothing beats users quoting a post they disagree with and giving their own opinions and saying why they disagree instead of disliking.......
Correct man, lets leave it as it is.
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Mynd44: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2013
Dfrenzy:
Correct man, lets leave it as it is.
Yes ooo
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Oahray: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2013
Lol... Another idea down the drain. grin
@op, sorry ehncheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Mynd44: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2013
Oahray: Lol... Another idea down the drain. grin
@op, sorry ehncheesy
It is supposed to be down the drain na
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by TableLeg(m): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2013
Makes no fuc...king difference!
Like or dislike ...

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
sexkillz: I support. For the good of the Nairaland community. Personally, I don't like it cos my comments will be victimised .

grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button by slimyem: 2:39am On Feb 24, 2013
I don't care about dislike button.It won't change anything IMO..
All i want is that Seun lets us know the posters liking our posts so we can know who the two-faced,bad belle pipo,haters and fans are..smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor Emeka Ike’s Wife Leaves Him Due To Anger Management Issues / SAP Training And Certification 80% Discount / My Hilarious Experience With A Nigerian Policeman While Returning From A Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.