Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

A Home For Great Upcoming Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Home For Great Upcoming Writers (813 Views)

Higher Institution – The Home For The Smart / 2015 Upcoming Writers / Upcoming Writers Click Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by Jics(m): 7:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
It's nothing less than greatness having a place where focused upcoming writers will post postables and share their views, writeup, complains, critics, poems, short stories, quotes, in this atmosphere of ginormous grandeur. Many a time i think about literature only to reach the conclusion that it is a free gift of nature. I flatly admit to the fact that literature is the only way to tell life and nature what you feel in you. Literature makes a man's name immortal. Hence, the creation of this focal topic for the exhibition of ginormous skills by great literatii. Dear viewers, feel free to share your own view here and comment personally to posts.
Re: A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by Jics(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
this is a poem about the a man who examines the mystery of how he sleep and wakes .
THE DREAM I DREAMT!
On this wooden thing I lie.
Suddenly,i passed out.
Not from existence, but from the visible planet.
Now in the milieu i cant influence.
In a place of no pretence.
Now having an unvivid view of myself.
Conversing with birds and plants.
In a place where the unwanted happens.
But puzzled.
Switching back to life...passing in.
On this wooden thing i lie.
Re: A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by Jics(m): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Quotes. 1.there is no other way to greatness than to follow the path of those who have successfully climbed the tree of greatness. 2.language is the soul of existence. 3.if you cant see the invisible you cant attempt the impossible.
Re: A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by Jics(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2013
I was reading through an encyclopedia today and i came across a quote. it goes thus:
Failure is not falling down. it is staying down.
what do you think a bout this?
Re: A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by Jics(m): 8:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
THE HUNTER AND A SOLITARE REWARD by Adeoye Feranmi. (a poem with the theme of patience)

_Perhaps 'twas the hunters' hunt.
_On he went, no grunt.
_As for his eyes, the whole jungle strictly they marked.
_His gun? Its dexterity he never lacked.

_The day's fiendishly insipid.
_But surely, he comprehends.
_Pa 'tience must have taught him so.
_The day's long, the day's still barren.

_A solitaire game deserves a solitaire reward.
_That pa 'tience eventually did not unproof.
_Back with beast, pa 'tience landed.
_The curious 'HE' clears with firing.

_The beast dies a happy one.
_'cause, He has got an ample patience.
_On his shoulders, he carries back home
_bulldozing the path blocked by awaiting awaiters.
Re: A Home For Great Upcoming Writers by DNA1(f): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2013
Hi Jics
This is a great idea.....people can come here and post the things they write about...
I am quite new to nairaland
and i just started writing a story on nairaland..you could check it out
The title is 'A pleasant surprise'.....

Here is the preview:
Laura Winter lost her only close relative, dear aunt Rose and had to come over to Manson's villa, New york where her late aunt had previously lived. Meeting her aunty's boss, Mr Manson changed so much about her, but will it change her long-held believe that true love does not exist?

Read and enjoy....
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Outcast / 100 Interesting Facts About Nigeria, By Perry Brimah / Inspector Morris: Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.