Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List (3376 Views)

Kunle Soname Buys Portuguese Football Club "Clube Desportivo Feirense" / Wright-phillips On Target In NYC Derby Football / Wright Phillips Scores Brace On Debut (man. City) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Jackal(m): 1:23am On May 12, 2006
I dont understand what u meant by reformed.
McCarthy had been reformed,polished and finished as a player while at AJAX AFC.
Mourinho had no hand in his development. Stop over-hyping Jose cos u r a Chelsea fan.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 2:10am On May 12, 2006
Jackal:

Stop over-hyping Jose because you're a Chelsea fan.

If you read my comments very well on this forum, i always try to be objective.

Go and seee my comment on Joe Cole and Lampard.

How could i over-hype Jose.

A succesful man to the core.

He has make so much money for himself. Please note the following

1) He was UEFA's Manager of the year for three consecutive seasons.

2) He shoot nothing less than 3 advertisement in the last 12 months, the prominent ones are with Samsung mobile and American express.

3) He lives in the 3rd most expensive area in the world ( Belgravia square, where the Dukes and Duchess live)

His life is already hyped my brother.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by mochafella(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2006
Akolawole:

1) He was UEFA's Manager of the year for three consecutive seasons.

um, lets be careful about the votes that UEFA has on their website annually for the Team and Coach of the year. They are voted for by fans and can be rigged. I am guilty of this myself. Clear your cookies and you can vote as many times as you want from one computer.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Skintite(f): 9:09am On May 12, 2006
Probably thats y morinho won grin
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by hucarson(m): 12:14pm On May 12, 2006
@ Akola,
I can tell u over 100 players that live better than Mourinho in England so forget those hype you're talking about.
Some Nigerians even live better than your Jose on West End so don't even go that far.
The AMEX(American Express) commercial was his highest paid and he got paid 1 million dollars.
Its nuthing compared to what Rooney, Beckham and even Thierry Henry made on Va Va Voom(Renault Clio) commercial.

The hype i am talking about is not even his fortunes. He can have all the money in this world for all i care.
What i was saying is its ludacris for u to say Mourinho moulded this player and that player.
McCarthy has made his name for himself when he featured for South Africa at the CAN 1998.
Mourinho had nothing to do with his fame and skills.
I can remember Deco taking shots at Mourinho when Jose claimed he made Deco.
Deco voiced out and said "i made myself,no Manager made me what i am today".
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2006
I can't understand how members view football and football person in this forum.

Too Too sentimental sets of people.

I am not an Arsenal fans and i didnt really like Mr Wenger as a person but that did not blinded me to say that he was the coach that put flair, spices and salt to Premiership. Before he came to England, it was "kick & follow" football. He is a genuis.

Unknown to many people,prior to Jose coming to Chelsea, i hate him more than any members here but when i examine him the-more, i was dead wrong. He is arrogant, inteligent and principled.

Is there any principle man that is not perceived to be arrogant? NONE.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:32pm On May 12, 2006
mochafella:

um, lets be careful about the votes that UEFA has on their website annually for the Team and Coach of the year. They are voted for by fans and can be rigged. I am guilty of this myself. Clear your cookies and you can vote as many times as you want from one computer.

I am not sure of this but if its people that visit their website that voted him, Jose will score no votes and it is obvious. I will check from UEFA anyway.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:41pm On May 12, 2006
hucarson:

@ Akola,
I can tell u over 100 players that live better than Mourinho in England so forget those hype you're talking about.
Some Nigerians even live better than your Jose on West End so don't even go that far.
The AMEX(American Express) commercial was his highest paid and he got paid 1 million dollars.
Its nuthing compared to what Rooney, Beckham and even Thierry Henry made on Va Va Voom(Renault Clio) commercial.

Who is comparing Coach to Player's earnings?

Read my previous post and read it well.

Tell me any Coach that earn his kind of money.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by hucarson(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2006
No coach Earns his money.
Only Sven is a bit close to Jose but that does not mean he is the richest.
Ferguson,Wenger and the rest has been on this road for years so Mourinho is still a small fish compared to these 2 legends.

I know well over 100 players in the Premiership that earns more than Mourinho on wages,endorsements and franchises.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2006
hucarson:

The hype i am talking about is not even his fortunes. He can have all the money in this world for all i care.
What i was saying is its ludacris for u to say Mourinho moulded this player and that player.
McCarthy has made his name for himself when he featured for South Africa at the CAN 1998.
Mourinho had nothing to do with his fame and skills.
I can remember Deco taking shots at Mourinho when Jose claimed he made Deco.
Deco voiced out and said "i made myself,no Manager made me what i am today".

1) Jose will never say or claimed " he made Deco", please give me the URL for the statement.
Jose refused to bring him to Chelsea when he took Cavaliho, Tiago and Fereria.

2) Every single player is famous once they dorn their national colours. Kanu came to highbury as1996 6th best player in the world, once African footballer of the year winner but he was reformed by Prof Wenger. Similarly Henry. Maccarty were remoulded. Simple!
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:54pm On May 12, 2006
hucarson:

Only Sven is a bit close to Jose but that does not mean he is the richest.
Ferguson,Wenger and the rest has been on this road for years so Mourinho is still a small fish compared to these 2 legends.

He is a small fish at his age.

Wenger is far far far far far BETTER and we all know. grin

hucarson:

I know well over 100 players in the Premiership that earns more than Mourinho on wages,endorsements and franchises.

How many players in Premiership that even have endorsement beside their boots one?

For God sake, who is comparing Coach/Player's money.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by salehm(m): 2:11pm On May 12, 2006
Hey i why is it only Drogba?Is he the only player that performed below par this season?Plz let's be sincere to uor selves.
Even Drogba said it himself that he was not the one who priced himself 24million pounds or there about.It's always like that in football let's allow this lad for God sake.
Why are we not talking about players like LUQUE of Newcasle?ANDY VAN DER MEYDE of Everton?This players also performed below par.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by mochafella(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2006
Akolawole:

I am not sure of this but if its people that visit their website that voted him, Jose will score no votes and it is obvious. I will check from UEFA anyway.

You can check, but I can confirm it. I've being a voter for the last four years. Jose will definitely score votes. Afterall Chelsea and Porto have fans. I think its more valuable to look at the margin of victory over the other nominees. If its a landslide then any multiple votes may not matter much. Unfortunately most annoucements of the result only display the final list.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by nuggard(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2006
Akolawole I think you are a[b] royal [/b] a$$, U kiss arse when hommies agree with you and become defensive if they don't,>nigga you have a problem with your attitude. Amazingly you camouflage it with saying you're been objective, listen to urself.! ! undecided
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Akolawole(m): 12:59am On May 13, 2006
nuggard:

Akolawole I think you are a[b] royal [/b] a$$, U kiss arse when hommies agree with you and become defensive if they don't,>nigga you have a problem with your attitude. Amazingly you camouflage it with saying you're been objective, listen to yourself.! ! undecided
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by lordimpaq(m): 6:42am On May 13, 2006
honestly i thot this thread was supposed to be about premiership worst buys,

u guys have turned it too the richest coach in the premiership
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by mochafella(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2006
lordimpaq:

honestly i thot this thread was supposed to be about premiership worst buys,

u guys have turned it too the richest coach in the premiership

looks like its soon going to be the curse yourself out thread tongue. All this disorderly Premiership fans.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Skintite(f): 10:48am On May 13, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm undecided
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by lordimpaq(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2006
well the release of the england squad for the world cup has justified this thread,

now he's not picked, so much for how much was it.twenty somethin million or hell! who cares
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by nightrider: 1:48pm On May 17, 2006
i pity wright phillips , i pity mikel obi
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Christino(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2006
Can you imagine, Chelsea paid 21m for a player to run round the field. That guy should have been trained to run 100m for England, now he's not going to the world cup. Anyway, tell Abramovich, I'm available for 1million naira!!! I can run faster than right philips, what else does he need? I'm FINER!!! grin
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by 9ja4eva: 9:33am On Mar 22, 2007
LOL.

Chelsea - Shevenc,
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Razorr(f): 9:52am On Mar 22, 2007
Yea right! grin grin Like we saw on monday, when he scored that £30 million goal, right?
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by 9ja4eva: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2007
Yeap.Everyone expected him to set Chelksi on fire bt unfortunately hes jst like any other player.Did i leave Tottenham and Loserfool outa dis?Dey also bought some malfunctioning players.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Mustay(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2007
Nigerians or niagrans are never patient. That's why they don't get rich.
They don't know d tactics of investment.
Those wasteful investments are gradually yielding ripe and sweet fruits at crucial times like this. D quadruple is coming. . Uefa- sheva and balak did it.
Carlin cup- drogba did it
fa cup- sheva, balak and w. Philips 'll keep on doing it.
League- it might even be this same philips that'll destroy manscum come may.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by 9ja4eva: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2007
Look @ u hoping on Philips to perform.Mumuinho knows beta anyway so i gat no time for u.Oh u mean when u come to see u lift the cup shey?What a day it wld be for us and a sad time for Chelksi.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by Abdblues(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2007
I went through the whole thread and some of the posts are just shocking!!How could anybody have referred to Drogba as a misbuy even as at last season?? In fact the person called Hurcarson should come and swallow all his vomit o o and apologize to the king of football in africa
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by kalicoco(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2007
Methinks u guys shld shut up n let d ball do da talkin. Hav u notice dat each time a chelsea player is criticized, dat player ends up performin( drogba, kalou,mikel,diarra,sheva,ballack). i guess its easy 2 sit in ur house n criticize a manager dat has acomplished wat most oda managers havnt n probably cant do in thier lifetime( no disrespect). i wonda if its ur money used in buying them or ure d one managing them.these players each hav thier individual traits n would hav 2 get used 2 style of play of d coach, team mates n d premiereship.i sure most of us didnt no henry wen he came 2 england until he began 2 shine in d latter stages.
i c chelsea winin d champions league n FA cup wit those players playin crucial parts n pls dont cry 4 d berieved.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by kaydee(m): 1:02am On Mar 23, 2007
kalicoco:

Methinks u guys shld shut up n let d ball do da talkin. Hav u notice that each time a chelsea player is criticized, that player ends up performin( drogba, kalou,mikel,diarra,sheva,ballack). i guess its easy 2 sit in your house n criticize a manager that has acomplished what most oda managers havnt n probably can't do in their lifetime( no disrespect). i wonda if its your money used in buying them or ure d one managing them.these players each hav their individual traits n would hav 2 get used 2 style of play of d coach, team mates n d premiereship.i sure most of us didnt no henry when he came 2 england until he began 2 shine in d latter stages.
i c chelsea winin d champions league n FA cup wit those players playin crucial parts n please don't cry 4 d berieved.

Apart from Drogba, who's performing among all those you listed? Their performance at Chelsea is their worst ever. What are they performing? rubbish!

Akolawole:

Did i agree with you that Jose is not into player's development ?

Noooooooooo.

I am sure you know Deco,Cavaliho,Tiago,Maniche and our own Ben Macarty, the problem is he now find himself where Money is, what can he do?

You need to see all these youngster Chelsea had bought secretely, in fact they call one Junior Ferbregas( this is not a topic for today)

Sorry if you don't like my stand, i don't like flicks generally, i do like positive skills that result into goals though.

For the Chelsea trio, i know what i am talking about. Terry is okay but the other two ( Not a topic for today as well).

You need to see Brazillian team in 1986 with so much flicks Huh

shocked Bros! I bow oh! Mourinho can't raise any youngster.Those players are made already and Mourinho added just lil to them.Leave Tiago totally out of it.He almost destroyed that guy's career. I love that guy when he was at Porto,i hate him now coz he runs his mouth like a loose tap. I can never say Mourinho is a bad manager but when it comes to developig talents,nah!!!!!!! he's the worst.
What do you think bout flicks now? With Ronaldo and Quaresma? Abeg eat ur words oh!
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by 9ja4eva: 7:35am On Mar 23, 2007
kaydee:

Apart from Drogba, who's performing among all those you listed? Their performance at Chelsea is their worst ever. What are they performing? rubbish!

shocked Bros! I bow oh! Mourinho can't raise any youngster.Those players are made already and Mourinho added just lil to them.Leave Tiago totally out of it.He almost destroyed that guy's career. I love that guy when he was at Porto,i hate him now because he runs his mouth like a loose tap. I can never say Mourinho is a bad manager but when it comes to developig talents,nah!!!!!!! he's the worst.
What do you think bout flicks now? With Ronaldo and Quaresma? Abeg eat your words oh!

Mumuinho goes for already made players pls.Hes not good in developing youths.Mention one young player hes developed.Drogba is d only performing player for Chelsea dis season.Yes y u no carry d trophies go give dem?For youths its MANCHESTER UNITED and ARSENAL all d way.
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by chuckdee4(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2007
Lemme do one for every team

Arsenal - Jeffers, Stefanovs, Luzhny
Aston Villa - Djemba Djemba need i say more
Blackburn - Can anyone help me here
Bolton - Blessing Kaku
Charlton - Rommedahl, Traore, Marcus Bent
Chelsea - Shevchenko/Wright-Philips
Everton - Beattie
Fulham - Routledge
Liverpool - Cisse, Diao
Manchester City - Corradi
Manchester United - Veron, Carrick, Kleberson
Middlesborough - Mendieta
Newcastle - Sibierski, Boumsong, Bramble
Portsmouth - Benjani and half of their team
Reading - Can't think of any, they all work to damn hard
Sheffield United - Erhhh do they even buy players
Tottenham - Stalteri, Taricco
Watford - Erhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
West Ham - Harewood (well at least this season)
Wigan - ok im all out of ideas
Re: Premiership's Worst Buys: Wright Phillips Tops The List by 9ja4eva: 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2007
Did u say Carrick?Well honestly hes good and hes been brillant with his game but i tink we spent too much on him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Must Nigeria Do To Revive Super? Eagles. : Your Suggestions! / Moment Neymar's Sister Collapsed While Watching Brazil Vs Costa Rica (photos) / Watch Video Of Croatian Firefighters Before The Penalty Shootout Against Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.