Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

When The Desirable Is Not Available... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When The Desirable Is Not Available... (5013 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 12:54am On Feb 21, 2013
“Let me explain something to you; where are the single guys? They are there and not ready to marry. If the single guys are not ready then the next available option should be taken. I believe one should go for whatever makes one happy. If a married man is the one that will make you happy, please go for it. I know married women would be angry with me but it is the truth of the matter”.
-LOLA ALAO, Nigerian Actress.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 12:56am On Feb 21, 2013
What is your take on this? At least a woman is advocating for reverse to the days of old, when husband sharing is not a crime.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by cichella(m): 1:02am On Feb 21, 2013
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Chinwem(f): 1:57am On Feb 21, 2013
The prayers/cries/pleas of the mens wives will reach God and He will not fail to act

The curses that follow one that does such.....hmmmm.......you don't want to do things and find you never succeed, you start something and you never finish,you attempt to go somewhere and you never reach your destination....

Curses cannot hurt you unless you deserve it
They are like birds that fly past and never settle-from psalms,can't remember the exact chapter now...lemme check
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 21, 2013
Chinwem: The prayers/cries/pleas of the mens wives will reach God and He will not fail to act

The curses that follow one that does such.....hmmmm.......you don't want to do things and find you never succeed, you start something and you never finish,you attempt to go somewhere and you never reach your destination....

Curses cannot hurt you unless you deserve it
They are like birds that fly past and never settle-from psalms,can't remember the exact chapter now...lemme check

FBI grin cheesy wetin happen... that's a load of curse in disguise cheesy

1 Like

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 21, 2013

3 Likes

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2013
Lmao ! @cc last paragraph another curse in disguise cheesy cheesy and counting!
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2013
if it were a man that said that, the whole of female folk for don curse his entire generations out.
But here am just witnessing subtle curses (still curses).
Call a spade a spade, that actress is a hoe with a Capital H.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Claus(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
There are probably more single ladies that favour polygny than we realise. A lot of it is financial. They can't understand why a wealthy married man should share all his wealth with just one woman. They must get their share, either as a mistress or as a second/third/fourth wife. Of course the greed goes both ways as the man too believes he should have as many beautiful women as he can handle.

It's the poor to middle income guys that are suffering, hunting up and down for a woman, while the rich man is handling 3, 4, 5.. at the same time.

There are many single guys out there ready to settle down, they just don't meet the financial requirements of a lot of these "big girls".

1 Like

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by damiso(f): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
Speaking for myself here too jealous to share my man 'knowingly'. As soon he says i have to pick this its the wife,my blood will boil over. angry.Or i have to go home now.I would never be able to live with myself thinking i was causing another woman pain.Some people dont send though cos to them its a business transaction

Lets not decieve ourselves most times its the money that speaks.The attraction is money,money,money.Or a certain life style you dont want to compromise on.

Dont let me add my own 'veiled' curses. grin

1 Like

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
^^^ angry grin
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
If the faces of this hideous mistresses is being bleached with acid more frequently,the number of this home wreckers will decrease.If you shared someone's husband as a single girl,I don't see why you can't share yours when you are married.Men are enough for the entire female population,so ladies should search for theirs and quit sharing others hubby abeg.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
If the faces of this hideous mistresses is being bleached with acid more frequently,the number of this home wreckers will decrease.If you shared someone's husband as a single girl,I don't see why you can't share yours when you are married.Men are enough for the entire female population,so ladies should search for theirs and quit sharing others hubby abeg.Women should stop condoning male infidelity too,for me,its all or nothing.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Acid kę!! shocked shocked cheesy Beware concubines, the real housewives of NL are on FAYA cheesy cheesy
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by slimyem: 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Its covetousness-desiring something that isn't yours...and its also a window to so many other sins or wrong-doings.
Any single woman with an ethical mind and/or moral inclinations need not be told its wrong to desire,chase,or date a married man.
...and for the one who made that statement,you can tell what she is already....little wonder she can't find a single manundecided
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by coogar: 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
chaircover: It amuses me when some ladies say that there are no single men out there or that the single men dont want them. It amuses me because every Saturday every major town or remote village has a sea of aso ebi's and with people getting ready their nylon bags to pack take away from someones wedding. So where are these ladies who get married every Saturday getting their own single men from?

those are isolated cases - it's like saying because you see traffic in the rush hour on 3rd mainland then the employment rate in nigeria must be 90%. the number of left overs clearly outweighs the ones getting married. besides, those marriages don't even last these days. the newly weds separate and join the massive heap of single folks all over again to complete the vicious cycle.

Me sef wey don born 2 pikin still gets toasters, so I wonder why these girls are not getting any suitors. You cant have impeccable manners & be a decent lady and not one . . . just one man want to hook you up! The problem is that many of us have very high standards and want ready made meals rather than go to the market and start our own personal meal from scratch.

there are different kind of toasters - the ones who want to marry and the ones who want to take a woman to bed. there's an abundance of men who just want sex.

Let her go and find a married man that will have her . . . .shebi what goes round comes round and soon her own daughter be contending with single girls chasing her own husband around and as she has given another woman no rest in her matrimonial home, so shall her own daughter have no rest in hers. period.

women should go for what makes them happy - i support that. happy women equates a happy place of work, happy place of study and ultimately, a happier nation! what goes around wont come around. what went round in the first place that condemned good-mannered women to singlehood?

1 Like

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by EfemenaXY: 11:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
Na wa o!

This thread go fit give married women hypertension.

@Poster, if the desirable is not available, then the desiree should lower her expectations, especially if she views marriage as her meal ticket and escape from poverty.

Let her find someone whom she can build her home & empire with, rather than sit around in her Brazilian weaves, waiting for her ready made knight in shinning armour.

Wetin?

1 Like

Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 4:14am On Feb 22, 2013
Efemena_xy: Na wa o!

This thread go fit give married women hypertension.

@Poster, if the desirable is not available, then the desiree should lower her expectations, especially if she views marriage as her meal ticket and escape from poverty.

Let her find someone whom she can build her home & empire with, rather than sit around in her Brazilian weaves, waiting for her ready made knight in shinning armour.

Wetin?

Aunty Efe, the funny thing is that so many single ladies out there actually think like this..... am sorry to say, including younger sisters and cousins of the wifey.
The married man is so much desired these days, even more dsirable than the single dudes.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by tpia5: 4:15am On Feb 22, 2013
but why does the juju work on the married men but not the single guys?
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 4:46am On Feb 22, 2013
tpia@:
but why does the juju work on the married men but not the single guys?

There is something about human nature, we tend to be drawn to what others have acquired or goals others achieeved.
The married man is a study in curiousity for the covetous single lady.
Something like, "what is it that attracted miss so and so to sign away her life to being subservient to this man?"
What did she see in him?
Maybe is caring?
Maybe he is very romantic?

So if the single lady cannot get ahold of herself, and the guy so much as smiled at her..... then wahala dey. It doesn't matter if he is rich or poor, all that matters is that "he is taken".
Moreover, the married guy has enough drama at home so in most cases the single lady knows that he won't likely be introducing any of the dramas attributed to single guys....like monitoring her, being unnecessarily jelous, trying to have her under his control etc.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 5:25am On Feb 22, 2013
we dey here dey argue, American state of Colorado don already dey put finishing touches to the matter.

See the post below, and tell me if it's not madness in todays world.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 5:27am On Feb 22, 2013
The US State Of Colorado Moves To Legalize Adultery::::>>> >By Andrew Rafferty, Staff Writer, NBC News. First it was marijuana, now legislators in Colorado are trying to legalize adultery. That’s because the Centennial State is one of 23 in the U.S. where cheating on your spouse is illegal — although there is no penalty under current law. Also illegal in Colorado is “promoting sexual immorality,” which makes it a misdemeanor to provide “any facility” to a married person wanting to sneak off and cheat on his or her significant other. The outdated laws were aimed at curbing prostitution during Colorado's sometimes nefarious days as a top stop in America's Wild West. Now, for the second time, Democratic state legislators are hoping to strike the law from the books. On Thursday, lawmakers in the House Judiciary Committee voted 8-3 to expunge the bill from state law. It now goes to the entire Colorado House for a vote. State Sen. Pat Steadman, a sponsor of the bill, told the Denver Post, "Government has no business policing marriages." He, along with state Rep. Daniel Kagen, introduced the legislation unsuccessfully in 2011 and are attempting to do so again. Repeal of the law would be largely symbolic. Between 2007 and 2012, there were ten cases and only two convictions of promoting sexual immortality, according to a report on the fiscal impact of the bill. The 2011 version of the bill died in a Republican-cont rolled House committee when one Democrat defected. Then-Rep. John Kefalas said at the time that he did not want to condone adultery, but also "didn't want to get involved in people's bedrooms." Democrats have since taken control of both the House and the Senate. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by tpia5: 7:47am On Feb 22, 2013
the single lady knows that he won't likely be introducing any of the dramas attributed to single guys....like monitoring her, being unnecessarily jelous, trying to have her under his control etc.

thats a wrong assumption.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 8:00am On Feb 22, 2013
tpia@:

thats a wrong assumption.

Maybe is a wrong assumption, but I have spoken to quite a few ladies on why they find married men attractive, and that happens to be one of the reasons.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Barkang: 8:09am On Feb 22, 2013
chaircover: It amuses me when some ladies say that there are no single men out there or that the single men dont want them. It amuses me because every Saturday every major town or remote village has a sea of aso ebi's and with people getting ready their nylon bags to pack take away from someones wedding.

So where are these ladies who get married every Saturday getting their own single men from?

Me sef wey don born 2 pikin still gets toasters, so I wonder why these girls are not getting any suitors. You cant have impeccable manners & be a decent lady and not one . . . just one man want to hook you up! The problem is that many of us have very high standards and want ready made meals rather than go to the market and start our own personal meal from scratch.

Let her go and find a married man that will have her . . . .shebi what goes round comes round and soon her own daughter be contending with single girls chasing her own husband around and as she has given another woman no rest in her matrimonial home, so shall her own daughter have no rest in hers. period.

so...do you mean d married woman here must have done such probably before she got married?
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by tpia5: 8:12am On Feb 22, 2013
eagle,eye:

Maybe is a wrong assumption, but I have spoken to quite a few ladies on why they find married men attractive, and that happens to be one of the reasons.

people will always find a way to justify their longerthroat.

in any case, their eyes open sooner or later.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by thehunted(m): 10:26am On Feb 22, 2013
those single babes who go after married men will surely share their future partners too. what goes around......
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2013
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by eagleeye2: 11:56am On Feb 22, 2013
chaircover: Cougar I no fit type long argument but the truth of the matter is that there are enough young men out there for these ladies and all they have to do is to drop their expectations into a more comfortable zone for guys to be able to approach them.

Many of these women favour married men for no other reason that financial. We all know that married men are likely to be more advanced in their career/biz and therefore have more money to throw around than someone who has just finished his NYSC or has just started work.

Many of these women have traded love and time for money . . .Question is how much time can a married man give you anyway, when he has his own family to take care of. These women are only accepting titbits and crumbs from a married mans table.

In most cases a man who buys a Rav4 for his girlfriend has bought a Range Rover Sport for his wife and a man who rents a 3 bed flat for his concubine is most likely living in a mansion with his wife in Lekki . . . . . . These women are beggars, second class citizens literally and selling themselves short!
Personally I feel sorry for the women that do it because there are many women (women like them o!) enjoying the best of all worlds . . . a man who has worked his way up the ladder and is now loaded and is a one woman man and has eyes for only his wife.

The Vulture is a Patient bird, feeding off of the toil and sweat of other animals. Do not fight the Vulture, but be careful that you do not allow the Vulture to prey on you work.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by biolabee(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Maybe monogamy is a female construct
CC
Your logic of marriage and monogamy makes sense because it helped primarily to ensure less economically privileged women did not lose out.

With more empowered women around will we get to the biblical point where women grab men say no worries we just want your name?

undecided
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by greatgod2012(f): 12:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
Personally, any woman who decided to become a second fiddle is obviously suffering from longthroat...........they prefers a readymade man, instead of d man they would both start from d beggining, no wonder, many of them usualy end up miserable.
Re: When The Desirable Is Not Available... by biolabee(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
greatgod2012: Personally, any woman who decided to become a second fiddle is obviously suffering from longthroat...........they prefers a readymade man, instead of d man they would both start from d beggining, no wonder, many of them usualy end up miserable.

You are right greatgod but how does this explain cases like the actress who is young and wants to still date a married man

Some of these ladies that date married men are mid 30s, working class ladies and don't need financial boost yet they persist with this act

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Osibona, Man Who Makes Little Saints Orphans His Family / Spanking Can Lower You Child's Iq / To The Married- Who Is Your Next Of Kin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.