Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? (4823 Views)

Help A Jealous Wife / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / How Do You Relate With A Jealous Close Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 21, 2013
My question is, how many of you have jealous partners and how do you deal with them? Because my own is getting on my nerve. Am not even gonna lie, my husband is so jealous. Thats the only thing I can fault about him, everything else, perfect!! I don't even want people advising me deal with it, cuz I try doing that but it ain't working. Even if I make mistake and go out without telling him, hell will break loss. He wants to know everything I do, everywhere I go and every little step I take. He don't even want me to go out often. He get really furious if I stay out a bit late without him. Even if am with my girlfriends...he get so angry and that anger would last for days.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Akshow: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2013
d irony of all this is that several gals who give an arm to av a man fuss all ova dem. since dat is his only flaw i guess u jus have to over look it
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2013
Akshow: d irony of all this is that several gals who give an arm to av a man fuss all ova dem. since dat is his only flaw i guess u jus have to over look it
I thought I could, but is harder than it seem. Everybody can be jealous even I my self can be sometimes but excessive jealousy is a problem.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by seedord247(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2013
Women Women Women!!!. undecided

My neighbor is just complainin of her husband not being a carin husband.. She said, he doesnt look afta me, he doesnt ask me how my day went, he doesnt feel jealous if am talkin to guys on phone while he's @ home.. wink I dont think he love me. tongue

And you are here sayin your husband is jealous just bcus he cared about you... Wow.. Plz do you know what they call trade by barter? grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 21, 2013
seedord247: Women Women Women!!!. undecided

My neighbor is just complainin of her husband not being a carin husband.. She said, he doesnt look afta me, he doesnt ask me how my day went, he doesnt feel jealous if am talkin to guys on phone while he's @ home.. wink I dont think he love me. tongue

And you are here sayin your husband is jealous just bcus he cared about you... Wow.. Plz do you know what they call trade by barter? grin

What is wrong with you?

SO now I am 3? I don't know the difference between caring and jealousy? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Chanchit: 8:32am On Feb 21, 2013
Maybe he snatched you from his friend, so he's trying to prevent you from him. Oya say the truth.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by seedord247(m): 8:38am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu:

What is wrong with you?

SO now I am 3? I don't know the difference between caring and jealousy? undecided

Nothin ma. grin

Wait till he doesnt care about all the shyt you mentioned above again... You will be the one to create a new topic on... How to detect a cheatin husband. grin

PS... Maury or Cheaters can also be of help incase if it happens. grin
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu: My question is, how many of you have jealous partners and how do you deal with them? Because my own is getting on my nerve. Am not even gonna lie, my husband is so jealous. Thats the only thing I can fault about him, everything else, perfect!! I don't even want people advising me deal with it, cuz I try doing that but it ain't working. Even if I make mistake and go out without telling him, hell will break loss. He wants to know everything I do, everywhere I go and every little step I take. He don't even want me to go out often. He get really furious if I stay out a bit late without him. Even if am with my girlfriends...he get so angry and that anger would last for days.

Two things to work at...

Either he's trying to Protect U Or he doesn't Trust U - Eva cared to ask him why he does that?
undecided
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:01am On Feb 21, 2013
As man, atimes you may be tempted & feel like watching what your wife is doing behind you. But trusting one's wife is the key.
It's either the man is trying to protect you 'which I doubt' or he doesn't trust you.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Osama10(m): 9:04am On Feb 21, 2013
El Guapo:

Two things to work at...

Either he's trying to Protect U Or he doesn't Trust U - Eva cared to ask him why he does that?
undecided

Excellent answer.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Afam4eva(m): 9:15am On Feb 21, 2013
@Rokiatu
Did he just start been jealous or was he like that before you married him? If the latter is the case, then satan stands a better chance of making heaven than him changing. This is one thing you may have to overlook no matter how difficult.

It's also possible that you're confusing the caring nature of your husband to insecurity and jelousy.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu: My question is, how many of you have jealous partners and how do you deal with them? Because my own is getting on my nerve. Am not even gonna lie, my husband is so jealous. Thats the only thing I can fault about him, everything else, perfect!! I don't even want people advising me deal with it, cuz I try doing that but it ain't working. Even if I make mistake and go out without telling him, hell will break loss. He wants to know everything I do, everywhere I go and every little step I take. He don't even want me to go out often. He get really furious if I stay out a bit late without him. Even if am with my girlfriends...he get so angry and that anger would last for days.

Lol . . . I feel you jare.
Some men can be very annoying with their jealousy.
I think you just have to find a way to manage him. Try to reassure him always that he has no reason to be jealous . . try to let him know of everything you do well in advance.
Like . . . "I'm going to X's house tomorrow oh . . I'll be staying a bit late" e.t.c
I'm sure he'll get over it! wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2013
Hes always been jealous, just that it got worse after marriage.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Afam4eva(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu: Hes always been jealous, just that it got worse after marriage.
Then you have no right to complain. If you realized that the kitchen is hot and you still go inside, you shouldn't complain that it's hot or has gotten hotter. You have to either live with it or get out of the kitchen(i'm not saying anythong oo).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by jbrodaly(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2013
When a guy is not jealous babes would say he doesn't really care or not in love.When he is you complain..What do you women really want?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Then you have no right to complain. If you realized that the kitchen is hot and you still go inside, you shouldn't complain that it's hot or has gotten hotter. You have to either live with it or get out of the kitchen(i'm not saying anythong oo).

This is funny. grin grin grin grin grin But don't you think you could put the Air cool or fan on? Must you endure the hotness of the kitchen or leave?

Just saying.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by LordReed(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2013
I think you Rokiatu, are inducing that jealousy in your husband. You go out to hang out with your friends without telling your husband (not your boyfriend)? That is something that a married person should never do. And I bet the hang out spot is a club or bar right? We all know women get hit on/picked up at those sorts of places then you go out without informing him, it looks like you have something to hide. If you did this more than once then you really have a problem which may be that you like keeping secrets. Such a person's spouse is bound to get angry. Why should you hide stuff from your spouse?

My advise is take a critical look at yourself and stop all those habits that will induce jealousy in your husband.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu:

This is funny. grin grin grin grin grin But don't you think you could put the Air cool or fan on? Must you endure the hotness of the kitchen or leave?

Just saying.
AC or Fan in the kitchen? Even if there is. In the case you were not sure these appliances were available in the kitchen. You just took the risk and entered.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 21, 2013
Lord_Reed: I think you Rokiatu, are inducing that jealousy in your husband. You go out to hang out with your friends without telling your husband? That is something that a married person should never do. And I bet the hang out spot is a club or bar right? We all know women get hit on/picked up at those sorts of places then you go out without informing him, it looks like you have something to hide. If you did this more than once then you really have a problem which may be that you like keeping secrets. Such a person's spouse is bound to get angry. Why should you hide stuff from your spouse?

My advise is take a critical look at yourself and stop all those habits that will induce jealousy in your husband.

He will love you for this if he was to see it. grin grin grin Club alone without him? hahahhaha I should try that and get my head chop off. Trust me I don't have a secret of any sort. Infact the roof cause of my problem is the fact that I tell him everything and I mean EVERYTHING!!!!

We are humans hence the reason I said "if by mistake I go out"
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by LordReed(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu:

He will love you for this if he was to see it. grin grin grin Club alone without him? hahahhaha I should try that and get my head chop off. Trust me I don't have a secret of any sort. Infact the roof cause of my problem is the fact that I tell him everything and I mean EVERYTHING!!!!

We are humans hence the reason I said "if by mistake I go out"

Glad you ain't a secretive person. What remains is that you are a very attractive lady and you do dress very attractively, that is enough to give him high BP! LoL.

Seriously do what Ujujoan suggested, reassure him frequently that you have eyes and heart for him only. His jealousy will lessen over time with constant reassurances.

Another thing though this my own personal experience, do not act in jealousy towards him. I find that when my sweetheart acts in jealousy towards me, I get the feeling that she does those same things which she's going on about. Acting in jealousy towards him will validate his own jealousy.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2013
Ujujoan:

Lol . . . I feel you jare.
Some men can be very annoying with their jealousy.
I think you just have to find a way to manage him. Try to reassure him always that he has no reason to be jealous . . try to let him know of everything you do well in advance.
Like . . . "I'm going to X's house tomorrow oh . . I'll be staying a bit late" e.t.c
I'm sure he'll get over it! wink cheesy

Thanks just seeing this.

Thank you Lord Reed for the advice.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2013
Another thing you should do is to make your husband watch Bollywood movies with you. That way his jealousy will subside grin
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Another thing you should do is to make your husband watch Bollywood movies with you. That way his jealousy will subside grin

LMFAO!!!

He always fall at sleep 10 minutes into it.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by masterpiecer(m): 11:02am On Feb 21, 2013
Reassure him more often, try calling him at short intervals when you r out.
i woulda suggested otherwise but since u guys are married, u should see it a challenge that you will over come with time, cos extreme jealousy can be very dangerous.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by greatgod2012(f): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Im sorry to say this,.....may be hes into a shady relationship, i mean, may be hes seeing another woman behind you and may think you are also doing the same thing..... remember...."abenilori ko ni je ki won mu ida koja lori oun"(he who kills with cutlass will not allow another person to pass by him with cutlass).
Anyway, try to convince him that he doesnt have to be jealous over you..........say it with all seriousness, and let him also know that you are being hurt by him not trusting you, suspicion and jealousy is an indication that he doesnt trust you, you have to make it clear to him that you are trustwrthy,let him also realise that being unnecessarily jealous is not even good for his health
May God help us all.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
greatgod2012: Im sorry to say this,.....may be hes into a shady relationship, i mean, may be hes seeing another woman behind you and may think you ar[/b]e [b]also doing the same thing..... remember...."abenilori ko ni je ki won mu ida koja lori oun"(he who kills with cutlass will not allow another person to pass by him with cutlass).
Anyway, try to convince him that he doesnt have to be jealous over you..........say it with all seriousness, and let him also know that you are being hurt by him not trusting you, suspicion and jealousy is an indication that he doesnt trust you, you have to make it clear to him that you are trustwrthy,let him also realise that being unnecessarily jealous is not even good for his health
May God help us all.

Thats what I have been thinking. But am trying to block those negative thoughts off my mind. But you have a valid point.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
Dump him

But

Is Rokiatu even married? Or shes just grooving with your answers
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by sophy09: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
When he was doing that before marriage, you called it LOVE. I was in a relationship like that before, I was not yet married to this guy and it was already hell. He wanted to know everything, where I went, who I spoke to, what I ate. At first it was love but later he started getting on my nerves and he was like it is because I am seeing someone behind his back. I left him because i realize he was not a secured person.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
rokiatu:

Thats what I have been thinking. But am trying to block those negative thoughts off my mind. But you have a valid point.

Rokiiiiii , get that shady thots off your mind angry
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
Rokiatu, you really have a lot of growing up to do. You are not yet married 2years and he's "over-concerned" abi? Ask your seniors you here, very soon you'll be consoling yourself with your children.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by nobniger: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
Wow, you sounded angry and that's one of the worst thing you want to do at this time. Anger never work in a relationship, it makes everything you want to achieve,looks like childs play. Sometimes, because of past experiences, one can easily act funny without knowing it. On that note, sit you husband down and expalin how you feel and assure him of your love and loyalty, yesn timing;s very important here. Remember, no one can love you like your husband and I sincerely wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Jealous Husband? by greatgod2012(f): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
jidegirl12:

Rokiiiiii , get that shady thots off your mind angry

yes, its shady, but, remember, lots of pple have talked on several reasons for that man to be as jealous as such, no one mentioned something related to this, and you know that, my point is not impossibe, also remember that, we are looking for solution for a certain problem, and b4 we can actually solve a certain problem, we have to know d root cause, and that can make someone to think in different ways and from different angles, and if that is d case....."iwakiwa laa ma nwa nkan to sonu"
and even with that, i didnt only mentioned d likely problem, i also profer likely lasting solution.
Above all, remember that jealousy is dangerously dangerous.
May God help us all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Single Man Is A Sick Paedophile??? / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k / Seperate Room For Husband And Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.