Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners (10780 Views)

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation / Power Privatisation: 18 -hour Uninterrupted Power Supply In Lagos Now / FG Signs Ceasefire With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2013
Power privatisation: FG signs agreements with bid winners

To sustain investors’ confidence in the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan, the Federal Government said it will sign most of the agreements with the bid winners of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, successor companies today.

The contracts include those for generation, Gencos and distribution, Discos companies, for which bank guarantees were recently verified by Bureau of Public Enterprises, BPE, which handled the privatisation exercises.

The newly appointed Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, disclosed this on the sidelines of the on-going Nigerian Oil and Gas, NOG Conference, in Abuja, yesterday.

He said: “Hopefully, by Thursday, most of the contracts will be signed in a very significant function. Agreements with most of thecompanies that won the bid to purchase the Gencos and Discos will be signed.”

The minister reassured investors that government will ensure that all outstanding debts owed by its ministries, departments, and agencies, MDAs will be settled by mid-year.

He added, “We will also ensure that regulatory agencies, market operators, system operators and MDAs are consistently delivering on their respective mandates and to ensure that payments are made as at when due.

“It has always been a problem that many of the government agencies are owing billions of naira. This is not going to continue as the privatisation enters its concluing phase.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/power-privatisation-fg-signs-agreements-with-bid-winners-2/

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by pat077: 9:04am On Feb 21, 2013
first to lament. All we want is constant power supply. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
pat077: first to lament. All we want is constant power supply. Shikena!
My friend, constant power cannot fall from heaven or appear overnight. For every country that has attained constant power, they took definite steps at some point in their history. Those steps yielded the constant power those countries enjoy today.

Though its coming late, Nigeria is beginning to take those steps. The report above is one steps forward towards attainment of constant power supply in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by pat077: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, constant power cannot fall from heaven or appear overnight. For every country that has attained constant power, they took definite steps at some point in their history. Those steps yielded the constant power those countries enjoy today.

Though its coming late, Nigeria is beginning to take those steps. The report above is one steps forward towards attainment of constant power supply in Nigeria
well, i just hope dis is done wit all sinceriy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by tomakint: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Promise kept at last....now let's roll!!! cool

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by tomakint: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
Since you are here to lament like other anti-Jonathan clowns, stay at the sidelines and watch those who are optimistic to air their views! cool

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by sammmiey1: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Make I go dispose my generating set,constnt lyt don dey cum

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Judolisco(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
tomakint:
Since you are here to lament like other anti-Jonathan clowns, stay at the sidelines and watch those who are optimistic to air their views! cool
make dem nt jst sack my popsy
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nasri100(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
**yawns**
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Greatken007(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
i see contant power being a reality,i can see great level of sencerity on it

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by strangest(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
i pray everything goes fine

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Anubiri(m): 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
11th 2 comment dancig jigijigi in dog style
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Rooneyboy(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Presently I pay 15-20k bill monthly , yet still I can't boast of 2 hours light daily, I just hope dis ain't deceit once again.
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by brummell: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
What 's the topic again
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Pygru: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
Good
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Ahmedie25(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
brummell: What 's the topic again
children of nowaday Nawao! Can't u do your home work?

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
Government should be encouraged in what they are doing. Hopefully power supply will become constant and the economy will be stimulated.
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by chessguru1(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
It doesn't happen by a wave of a magic wand, or a snap of a finger.
By his grace we will get there. I don't think GEJ will do much in this country, but when it comes to power, I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ have a hunch that he will do more about power generation than any other leader. (Its J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ a hunch, 2015 will judge)

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by kaysy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Am so HaPpY Now...

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
Jonathan is working,haters are talking

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by joe4christ(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nigerians will forever sing praises of Jonathan if this yields possitive result.
Even if this is the only thing jonah is capable of enhancing for the betterment of this great country of ours, then i might have a rethink about PDP as a whole.

4 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by ChukChinCol(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
The Nigeria in my mind eye
Child: what are this for (pointing to two abandoned i-pass-my-neighbour)
Dad: you wont understand my child.

5 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Igwe9(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
Good news, hopefully, the issue of power will be sorted out just like that of telephone.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Scarpon(m): 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
will this come to the end of up and down neppa? ?
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by iluvtotodie(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
yeeey! There'll be light soon for me to watch all the 263 blue films i downloaded from the internet & the 13 blue film dvds i bought @ ikeja.

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Mandelaguy(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Where I stay in Abuja, power used to be less than 4hrs per day, right now, as I am typing, there is power, in the past three days, it has not blinked, my only problem is that PHCN officials are frustrating our efforts in installing the prepaid meters we paid for over 1 year ago, preferring to give us fixed bill of five thousand monthly(I cannot blame GEJ for this, as this is one of the reasons corruption in power sector can only be curbed with privatisation ). Steady power supply cannot be achieved in the hands of NEPA,PHCN or whatever they choose to be called. GEJ is taking us on the most sensible journey, and I am sincerely impressed.

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by chessguru1(m): 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
i luv to.to die:
yeeey! There'll be light soon for me to watch all the 263 blue films i downloaded from the internet & the 13 blue film dvds i bought @ ikeja.
Are you an arsenal fan? cheesy
Cos at the rate you are going, you are gonna be a gunner goner grin

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Kairoseki77: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
40 Laptop dogs has to be changed to 400 laptop dogs now.

There are too many now. Every politics thread is full of their yammering before any real person can post.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by greaterlove(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Power privatisation: FG signs agreements with bid winners

To sustain investors’ confidence in the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Jonathan, the Federal Government said it will sign most of the agreements with the bid winners of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, successor companies today.

The contracts include those for generation, Gencos and distribution, Discos companies, for which bank guarantees were recently verified by Bureau of Public Enterprises, BPE, which handled the privatisation exercises.

The newly appointed Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, disclosed this on the sidelines of the on-going Nigerian Oil and Gas, NOG Conference, in Abuja, yesterday.

He said: “Hopefully, by Thursday, most of the contracts will be signed in a very significant function. Agreements with most of thecompanies that won the bid to purchase the Gencos and Discos will be signed.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/power-privatisation-fg-signs-agreements-with-bid-winners-2/
1000000 likes.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Agreements With Power Privatisation Bid Winners by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
I have never been disappointed with the progress in getting the administrative and bureaucratic paragraphs of the Power Road map sorted out, even when I dont have constant electricity, I for once in my adult life know the Government is doing the right thing as should be done. Kudos to this very administration. My vote was not wasted. I implore all patriotic Nigerians to support this Government, this is our own country.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

High Court Orders Seizure Of Alison-Madueke's Luxury Properties Again. Photos / Court Affirms Deregistration Of 74 Parties By INEC / Nwosu: Stop Tarnishing The Noble Image Of Gov Uzodinma - Imo APC Tells Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.