Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,904 members, 7,952,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place (1623 Views)

APC Is A Party Of Shameless And Desperate Liars – PDP / "leave Our Country", Protesters Tell Obj In Senegal / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Germannig: 12:57pm On Mar 16, 2008
PDP convention dinner: Security men humiliate OBJ at Aso Rock
Bankole Makinde, Abuja - 16.03.2008

Things are indeed no longer rosy for former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo , as he was humiliated by security personnel attached to the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, Abuja, last Sunday.

Ironically,the effort by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua to save Obasanjo from further embarrassment at the hands of the stern-looking security-men was professionally rebuffed.

The setting was the dinner hall in Aso Rock where President Yar’Adua hosted the outgone executive committee members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led by Dr. Ahmadu Ali and the new one headed by Chief Vincent Ogbulafor, to a post-convention dinner.

After the usual speeches by stakeholders toasting to the successful conduct of the consensus convention, it was time for dinner and the wife of Dr. Ali, Mary, a member of the Board of Trustees (BOT) of PDP, was called to lead dignitaries on a queue to serve the buffet.

After Mrs. Ali got up, her husband followed in tow and then, probably miscalculating, former president Obasanjo made to join the queue after Dr. Ali.

It was at this juncture that stern-looking security-men headed towards him (Obasanjo) and effectively prevented him from joining the queue, reminding him of the need to observe and obey protocol.

Not ready to put his former boss and godfather to public opprobrium, President Yar’Adua waded into the matter and ordered the security-men to allow Obasanjo join the queue after Dr. Ali and before him (Yar’Adua).

By this time, an angry Obasanjo had made for his seat leaving Yar’Adua to sort things out with his security-men.

After some pep talk with the security personnel, President Yar’Adua joined the queue behind Dr. Ali while the Senate President, David Mark and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Oladimeji Bankole queued behind the President.

Probably thinking that the protocol issue had been settled, OBJ again attempted to join the queue just behind the Speaker but was again effectively prevented from doing so by the security-men who obviously knew, by training, that the “protocol list” had not been exhausted.

President Yar’Adua, who had already joined the queue and was far away in front could not witness the second part of the drama and so could not rescue the former president.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/16032008/news/news1.html
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 16, 2008
lol cheesy
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by darlingbas(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2008
lol that serves him right, he still sees himself as someone important, he hasn't seen anything yet the worst is on the way for him, yeye man
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by spoilt(f): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2008
all this protocol to eat jollof rice? grin
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 17, 2008
I don't blame him, jollof rice is delicious cheesy
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by earthrealm(m): 3:00am On Mar 17, 2008
stillwater:

I don't blame him, jollof rice is delicious cheesy

2nded!!
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by TheSly: 3:07am On Mar 17, 2008
Nice!! cheesy
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 17, 2008
You know how Nigeria is now grin. You might get there last and the jollof rice would have finished before your turn cheesy. I have actually been to a wedding where a grain of rice did not get into my mouth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by TheSly: 3:16am On Mar 17, 2008
hmnnnnnnnnnnn Onijekuje. . .
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 17, 2008
Onijekuje--hmmmh, Someone that eats anything-- is that what it means ? Are you talking to me Sly angry?
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by TheSly: 3:31am On Mar 17, 2008

Onijekuje--hmmmh, Someone that eats anything-- is that what it means ? Are you talking to me Sly angry?
Lol . . . . . . . ski. . . .ski. . ski. . . .ski. . ski. . . .ski. . ski. . . .ski. . ski. . . .ski. . ski. . . .ski. .
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 17, 2008
I guess it's the three cups of beans you cooked that purged you that is still worrying you till now, abi? tongue
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by TheSly: 3:45am On Mar 17, 2008
No. . . . .i think u r hungry because of the lofjo or jolof rice u were denied of. . . . tongue

U better go get sum ekpa & kulikuli to smoke some garium garri sulphate. . . tongue
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 17, 2008
As I do that run along to the toilet and purge yourself out, make sure you close the doors so that the stench wouldn't reach me here, bye. tongue
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by TheSly: 4:13am On Mar 17, 2008
Ok laterz cheesy
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by faketan(m): 12:30am On Mar 18, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

No. . . . .i think you're hungry because of the lofjo or jolof rice u were denied of. . . . tongue

You better go get sum ekpa & kulikuli to smoke some garium sulphate. . . tongue
Chei Sly, good old days. Garium sulphate and planks plus sucrose, delicious.

Meanwhile the story above is one of the reasons why OBJ will never forgive those who thwarted third term.
Power! walahi
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by spoilt(f): 1:11am On Mar 18, 2008
stillwater:

You know how Nigeria is now grin. You might get there last and the jollof rice would have finished before your turn cheesy. I have actually been to a wedding where a grain of rice did not get into my mouth cheesy

such injustice. grin
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Topsido(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2008
All THINGS BEING SAID, I STILL BELIEVE Obasanjo is one of the greatest, if not the greatest black man living.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by Germannig: 10:54am On Mar 20, 2008
Topsido:

All THINGS BEING SAID, I STILL BELIEVE Obasanjo is one of the greatest, if not the greatest black man living.

Another Obasanjo arse-licking nut on the prowl. Somebody get a big leash, fast.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by winnteam(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Germannig
My dear, Topsido not sharing your views about OBJ should not make you call him names.

Let ask you a frank question.
, would you have fared better than OBJ if you had the opportunity to rule this country?

Even with all that is being said about OBJ, he still has a place a place in history here in Nigeria. No one can do anything about that.

I personally do not see anything embarrassing in what happened. Everyone makes mistakes which ever way.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by doncaster(m): 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2008
winnteam:

Even with all that is being said about OBJ, he still has a place a place in history here in Nigeria. No one can do anything about that.
Just like IBB,Abacha and Anini.
He has a place in history for good deed or for bad.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by oruwe: 8:46pm On Apr 11, 2008
OBJ still think say he dey ASO ROCK.Yeye Sege.He go receive more disgrace before he die.What did u expect from Adedibu follower? To follow protocol?
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by ifyalways(f): 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2008
cheesy
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by ono(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2008
oruwe:

OBJ still think say he dey ASO ROCK.Yeye Sege.He go receive more disgrace before he die.What did u expect from Adedibu follower? To follow protocol?

LMFAO!!

Oruwe, (I hope it's not the Oruwe that I know means something silly in Urhobo and Isoko language is what you're using o!) you're very correct. You don't expect anything like ''protocol-following'' from an offshoot of the Amala Politician.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by oruwe: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2008
Ono, ki di gue.
Re: Presidential Protocol Officials Put Shameless And Ubiquitous Obj In His Place by ono(m): 10:19am On Apr 14, 2008
Ha! You be my main geee?

Mi gwo Sir!!!

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! El Rufai Spills It All Out! (part 3) / Nigeria Blacklisted By Us? What About The British Suicide Bombers? / I Want To Stop Nigerians From Driving Tokunbo Cars – Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.